Did FTTF go up, AGAIN?

KPfromCT

I have been Platinum before FTTF came out.

It never bothered me that people could buy FTTF

I still get on in most port before them. I still get on the first tender.

Not really a big deal to me.

The only place that bothers me a little (very little) is at

guest service.

I wish they had 2 lines. Last cruise the D/P/FTTF line was very busy

with FTTF guest. That's the only D/P perk that has been watered down in my opinion.

Maybe they are selling more FTTF than they did at the begining?

The rest are no big deal.

Edited by Bases5

Yep as long as they keep paying Carnival will keep charging more. A lot of gullible people out there. That's why American Greed has great ratings.

Happens every time. Someone doesn't think FTTF is worth it, so everyone else who does is either gullible or and idiot......:rolleyes:

Already bought for my 4 cruises ... at the "cheaper" prices! :) and when I book #5 (for January 2018) in a couple months ... I'm HOPING it's available ... and I'll gladly pay the new price.

I love just about everything FTTF was created to do.....mostly just make things easy and start things early.

Oh and I will FINALLY be PLATINUM after that January 2018 Cruise ... so only have to worry about buying it once more anyway :)

I hope they keep FTTF around tho, cause these threads are always fun to read.

Here are the details:

$49.95 2-3 day cruises

$49.95 4 day cruises excluding Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph, and Carnival Victory

$59.95 4 day cruises for Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph, and Carnival Victory

$59.95 5 day cruises excluding Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory

$69.95 5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory

$69.95 6-7 day cruises

$79.95 8 day cruises and longer

This is what JH had posted on his page:

$49.95 USD 2 day and 3 day cruises

$49.95 USD 4 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory)

$59.95 USD 4 day cruises (Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory)

$69.95 USD 5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory)

$59.95 USD 5 day cruises (Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory)

$69.95 USD 6 day and 7 day cruises

$79.95 USD 8 day and longer cruises

Our 5 day on the Ecstasy in October is now showing $69.95

Yep as long as they keep paying Carnival will keep charging more. A lot of gullible people out there. That's why American Greed has great ratings.

just like all those people that think they need alcohol to have a good time. they are literally pissing that money away. :rolleyes:

I like FTTF. To me, it is about getting on the ship early. I only get limited vacation time so even an hour of extra vacation may be worth $60 to me (probably would still do $80 but $100 may be pushing it). I like having my cabin early but I won't complain if it isn't ready. After all, I'm on vacation and won't let a little very minor issue ruin my vacation. I've never even gone to guest services on any cruise but I like being able to go on a priority line just in case I ever do need to visit guest services. We all have different reasons for getting or not getting FTTF and that is all fine. That is why it is an optional add on.

I like FTTF. To me, it is about getting on the ship early. I only get limited vacation time so even an hour of extra vacation may be worth $60 to me (probably would still do $80 but $100 may be pushing it). I like having my cabin early but I won't complain if it isn't ready. After all, I'm on vacation and won't let a little very minor issue ruin my vacation. I've never even gone to guest services on any cruise but I like being able to go on a priority line just in case I ever do need to visit guest services. We all have different reasons for getting or not getting FTTF and that is all fine. That is why it is an optional add on.

Looks like it has come to fuition. As part of my morning ritual, i log into the carnival webiste to check my info and remind myself that i am only 355 days from my cruise!! I notice that FTTF was back up, and it is back with a vengeance!!! It is now 79.95 for my sailing !![emoji47] August 2017!!! I got it when i booked and it was 59.95.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

I have 2 cruises to go before I'm Platinum. I leave this Saturday out of NY and they do not have the staggered check in and fttf was already sold out. So no real need for it since I'll be at the port when the ship comes in.

My next cruise is out of Miami in February and I already snagged fttf for $49.95. Yay!!

After that I'm Platinum will no longer need it. I will never knock it though, because it's always been worth it for me. :D

On my 4 day out of Mobile, the price stayed the same, but there have been at least 39 slots added. There were 7 available on Friday and 46 available this morning. I suspect that there aren't going to be very many P&D guests on this trip because it's got all the earmarks of a booze cruise (4-day leaving on a Thursday with only one port), but that's still more than the conventional thought that they'd sell 15 and then open up no more than 15 more depending on priority guests.

I purchased FTTF in June for my Oct 2017 cruise for $59.95 and there were 38 available after my purchase. Out of curiosity, I checked today and there are now 68 available at $69.95.

I notice that when I looked as well. Seems they will let it sell out and then add more every so often. Might as well go through the regular check in process....

I have been on some very large ships, and have never seen a long line at guest services. GS is really for those that have an issue, like something wrong, or a real complaint. Tips are prepaid, excursions are prepaid, but the ships I'm on that's a separate desk. So why is the line so long on a Carnival ship? Are there really that many unhappy customers? Maybe they are unhappy because they just got ripped off buying FTTF?

My point being, what exactly is FTTF? Get you luggage an hour before others? But yet, so many people carry theirs on. So you get to drop it off at your room? Really, that $70.00 is for that? But I guess you saved money on tips to the porter. Priority getting on? So getting on the ship 15 minutes early is worth it? Now if you gave your bags to the porter, walked on 15 minutes later, you would save 15 minutes walking to your cabin, and now you can go straight to the pool bar for your first drink, or go to the buffet to trip over all the bags laying around for the self assisters that did not pay the $70.00 fee or are afraid that the porters will use their bag as target practice trying to hit the fish in the water.

I have been on some very large ships, and have never seen a long line at guest services. GS is really for those that have an issue, like something wrong, or a real complaint. Tips are prepaid, excursions are prepaid, but the ships I'm on that's a separate desk. So why is the line so long on a Carnival ship? Are there really that many unhappy customers? Maybe they are unhappy because they just got ripped off buying FTTF?

My point being, what exactly is FTTF? Get you luggage an hour before others? But yet, so many people carry theirs on. So you get to drop it off at your room? Really, that $70.00 is for that? But I guess you saved money on tips to the porter. Priority getting on? So getting on the ship 15 minutes early is worth it? Now if you gave your bags to the porter, walked on 15 minutes later, you would save 15 minutes walking to your cabin, and now you can go straight to the pool bar for your first drink, or go to the buffet to trip over all the bags laying around for the self assisters that did not pay the $70.00 fee or are afraid that the porters will use their bag as target practice trying to hit the fish in the water.

Agree, the only time I see really long lines at GS is day of embarkation and the night before we debark. Other than that, you may get 2 or 3 people ahead of you and you are typically waited on within 10 mins

Edited by First and Ten

I love it when people buy FTTF. It is a cost without any physical product so it helps Carnival's bottom line and anything that can swell the coffers means that the cost of my cruise doesn't have to bear a price hike, for the most part. I applaud people who make my cruise affordable...good on them.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

Agree, the only time I see really long lines at GS is day of embarkation and the night before we debark. Other than that, you may get 2 or 3 people ahead of you and you are typically waited on within 10 mins

17 cruises and each time you can tell when the tips are added to S&S. The GS line swells with people removing the tips. Thankfully that doesn't impact the priority line.

17 cruises and each time you can tell when the tips are added to S&S. The GS line swells with people removing the tips. Thankfully that doesn't impact the priority line.

But how "priority" is the priority line going to be, when as stated a few posts above, there are 68 FTTF spots available on a ship sailing in October 2017? How on earth can Carnival possibly know how many D/P are going to be on a ship over a year out?:confused:

But how "priority" is the priority line going to be, when as stated a few posts above, there are 68 FTTF spots available on a ship sailing in October 2017? How on earth can Carnival possibly know how many D/P are going to be on a ship over a year out?:confused:

That remains to be seen but I would agree an extra 140 plus in the priority GS line is not gonna be fun.

I can't ever remember using the guest services line since "billing" has been sent to our room TV. What do people use it for, anywhos?

Just a hunch, but you see the line swell when they add the gratuities to peoples account. You can bet you get a lot of them questioning that....Again, just a hunch, but there are more than a few of those passengers requesting they be removed too....MOOCHES

Edited by First and Ten