Bedding in suites

ckelly14

None of the suites have Pullmans.

What level suite class are you looking for? There are grand suites and owners suites that connect to a balcony cabin.

Thanks, that may be do-able from a cost standpoint. However, I assume that we wouldn't all have suite amenities?

GS and above have "suite perks".... Most of the 2 bedroom suites have a main bed (for you) and 2 other twin sleeping spaces. That should work, if you're willing to pay the price. Otherwise, simply book a cabin with a pullman AND sofa bed, or a cabin with 2 pullmans...or better yet...book 2 cabins! One for you and your other....one for the kids!

If you don't want to do that...simply put a kid on the floor and tell them it's "adventure sleeping"....camping on the high seas. They might buy that! Kids can sleep anywhere....I guarantee that.

I searched around to get an idea of cost and haven't been able to pull these up online. Do they usually sell out quickly or are they not "bookable" online?

It's possible that the suite currently has a minimum occupancy requirement of more than 4 people, and if so, then it won't show up on the website. You would have to call to get pricing.

Thanks, that may be do-able from a cost standpoint. However, I assume that we wouldn't all have suite amenities?

That depends. If it is your minor children travelling with you in the connecting balcony then they would basically get most of the benefits. They would be so,e to accompany you to the reserved seating, coastal kitchen and the suite lounge.

If you were looking at Star class then there would be benefits that your children would miss out on.

The issue with booking two cabins would be that you need to book an adult in each cabin, at least when you book online. You'd have to book over the phone to get them to put your kids together in the non-suite cabin. Otherwise the parent 'booked' in the other cabin won't get suite perks.

Thanks all. I am interested in the Symphony of the Seas if it sails round trip out of Barcelona in 2018. I currently have a Disney Cruise booked for Rome to Barcelona (June 23, 2018) and I'm considering other options when Royal opens their bookings. I think I can get a GS for a similar price as a family balcony stateroom on Disney, and I have been hearing good things about the suite class. The main perk I'm really interested in is day long access to Coastal Kitchen. We've only sailed twice and the second time on the Radiance we didn't step a foot into the MDR- just not our cup of tea. Very likely I'll save some money with 2 connecting balcony staterooms and just get a specialty dining package.

Just returned from a Star Class Suite on Harmony.

We had a 2 BR Aqua Theater Suite (8330). The second bedroom had 2 single beds (that can be pushed together to make a double) and 2 pullmans. There is also a double sofa bed.

There were just 2 of us so we didn't used any of the extra beds but the 2 BR ATS do have pullmans

There aren't enough adjectives to describe how awesome it was ! The room plus the amenities plus the Genie....just perfect.

We have that room (8330) on the Allure of the Seas 4/2 sailing! We are a family of 5, three young children. I am so glad to hear that the room is amazing. Can you tell me more about the genie? Did they take care of everything? We want a cabana and certain reservations on specific days. Thanks.

We have that room (8330) on the Allure of the Seas 4/2 sailing! We are a family of 5, three young children. I am so glad to hear that the room is amazing. Can you tell me more about the genie? Did they take care of everything? We want a cabana and certain reservations on specific days. Thanks.

Happy to !

Your Genie will be Reyno (barring some kind of unexpected change. He told me they do NOT rotate Suites as I had read elsewhere. They service the same suites for their entire contract. Reyno should be there until he goes on vacation in a May).

Reyno is a bundle of energy and we adored him. For us (it was just the 2 of us) he had taken the liberty of making dinner reservations for every night of the cruise. Of course, we could have changed anything we wished but we really didn't. His scheduling was perfect. When you want to go to a show, just let him know and he will reserve seats right up front (unless you want seats elsewhere). He met us at dinner and walked us into the theater directly to our reserved seats. He can reserve you a bungalow up on the Suites sun deck if you want.

Reyno is a Genie #2. His email address is HM_RoyalGenie02@rccl.com (underscore after HM). I found it easiest to email him directly before sail date but once you get on the ship, calling him on the phone is the best way to contact him. The Loop application was basically useless. I would recommend you wait until 2 weeks before sail date and email him with your cabana request. That's what we did and we got our requested cabana immediately. We got B1. Right on the beach. Perfect. I found out very recently that the Star Class guests have cabana preference. I didn't know this before so as long as he gets your request early enough you should get you preferred cabana unless another Star guest beats you to it.

I think you will love Reyno. Never has there been a more perfect job placement than this ! He is a whirlwind of enthusiasm and it is infectious. If I had ANY complaint (and I didn't) it would be that he tends to walk at a forced march pace. He is a "militry-man" (he has a beautiful South African accent) and fitness instructor so he does move out. But I have seen him with other children and he was wonderful. I hope to have him as my Genie when I sail in September. He should be back from vacation by then.

BTW Reyno is the "face" of the Genie program. He is the one featured in all of the Genie brochures. He says he hates it but I know he loves having his picture on everything. He's a bit of a "ham".

The Jr Suites say they can sleep "up to 3 or 4". I assume there are Pullmans in these but maybe different sofas?? The other option may be a Family Oceanview Balcony- obviously doesn't have the Royal Suite class benefits but they are the same size and can have up to 2 pullmans.

Finally, does anyone have any experience with booking Coastal Kitchen from the "Sea" class of staterooms? I know it says dinner availability by reservation only, but how often does that happen? This is something that may push me into Sea class instead of 2 connecting balconies.

Happy to !

Your Genie will be Reyno (barring some kind of unexpected change. He told me they do NOT rotate Suites as I had read elsewhere. They service the same suites for their entire contract. Reyno should be there until he goes on vacation in a May).

Reyno is a bundle of energy and we adored him. For us (it was just the 2 of us) he had taken the liberty of making dinner reservations for every night of the cruise. Of course, we could have changed anything we wished but we really didn't. His scheduling was perfect. When you want to go to a show, just let him know and he will reserve seats right up front (unless you want seats elsewhere). He met us at dinner and walked us into the theater directly to our reserved seats. He can reserve you a bungalow up on the Suites sun deck if you want.

Reyno is a Genie #2. His email address is HM_RoyalGenie02@rccl.com (underscore after HM). I found it easiest to email him directly before sail date but once you get on the ship, calling him on the phone is the best way to contact him. The Loop application was basically useless. I would recommend you wait until 2 weeks before sail date and email him with your cabana request. That's what we did and we got our requested cabana immediately. We got B1. Right on the beach. Perfect. I found out very recently that the Star Class guests have cabana preference. I didn't know this before so as long as he gets your request early enough you should get you preferred cabana unless another Star guest beats you to it.

I think you will love Reyno. Never has there been a more perfect job placement than this ! He is a whirlwind of enthusiasm and it is infectious. If I had ANY complaint (and I didn't) it would be that he tends to walk at a forced march pace. He is a "militry-man" (he has a beautiful South African accent) and fitness instructor so he does move out. But I have seen him with other children and he was wonderful. I hope to have him as my Genie when I sail in September. He should be back from vacation by then.

BTW Reyno is the "face" of the Genie program. He is the one featured in all of the Genie brochures. He says he hates it but I know he loves having his picture on everything. He's a bit of a "ham".

Do you know if Reyno also took care of 8730? And if so, when in May is he leaving for vacation? I am in 8730 leaving April 30th and I would love to know if he will be our Genie.

Happy to !

We are staying in that same room. You had me so excited to Reyno until I realized he will probably be on vacation when we sail this May.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Jr Suites say they can sleep "up to 3 or 4". I assume there are Pullmans in these but maybe different sofas?? The other option may be a Family Oceanview Balcony- obviously doesn't have the Royal Suite class benefits but they are the same size and can have up to 2 pullmans.

No Pullmans in any JS that I know of - there will be a sofabed that theoretically can sleep two.