Coffee on Regal Princess

mike_yung

Some complain about Princess "free" coffee because it is made from a syrup.... I find if I add a very small amount of hot water to it when I get a cup it is fine. I made perked coffee - Uban brand at home..

Coffee in the dining room and through Room Service is fine for me as well.

The free coffee on Princess is probably the single worst thing about a Princess cruise, it is horrible. I recently went on a cruise with a friend who is a truck driver and therefore has been exposed to some really bad coffee in truck stops and roadside restaurants and he couldn't drink it.

Either get a card for the coffee bar or if you drink Starbucks, pick up some of their Via instant to bring along on the trip.

Some complain about Princess "free" coffee because it is made from a syrup.... I find if I add a very small amount of hot water to it when I get a cup it is fine. I made perked coffee - Uban brand at home..

Coffee in the dining room and through Room Service is fine for me as well.

Coffee made from syrup is served in many, many land restaurants.

The difference is in the quality of the syrup as quality does vary with price and supplier.

Rumor has it that Princess is not using the highest quality syrup available.

The Regal (and Royal) have coffee brewers in the Horizon Court that use ground coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker but DW is and she did not need a coffee card for fresh brewed on our cruise on the Regal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the correct answer the original question.

The Regal (and Royal) have coffee brewers in the Horizon Court that use ground coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker but DW is and she did not need a coffee card for fresh brewed on our cruise on the Regal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Too true - I am very particular about my daily brew - I found the regular coffee undrinkable on all my previous Princess sailings except the Regal. I won't say that it was great cup, but it was acceptable.

Never been on Princess but Disney's free coffee was barely drinkable.

Is Princess any better? I don't drink a-lot but I do like to enjoy the 1-2 I have in the morning.

Been on Regal but not on Disney so I can not compare.

You can have your morning coffee at the IC for a fee, or with a coffee card, if the free coffee at the HC is not to your liking.

I agree with your wife & we only got a coffee card on the Royal & Regal so my wife could get her frappacinos at the IC.

How muchdidthecardcost

Premium Coffee Card

$35.65 per punch card (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our Premium Coffee Card that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise.

REAL coffee in the Horizon? OMG, thank goodness, Princess has always had the worst coffee on the high seas, IMHO. Woohoo can't wait to try it in a few weeks

If you go to the other Cruise Critic boards:

RCCL boards say RCCL has worst coffee on the high seas.

Carnival boards say Carnival has worst coffee on the high seas.

etc.

Coffee in HC on both Regal and Royal is fresh brewed via machine (on their other ships, it's syrup - it's 'meh' but I've had worse aand it's "free"). Espresso-based drinks in the IC are quite good - imho better than Starbucks (there's a very good reason why you can count on one hand the number of Starbucks stores in major European cities) - and with a coffee card you can get 'hand-crafted' fresh brew for free. Me? I always buy a coffee card.