Southhampton to Heathrow

pinotlover

Our ship disembarks at 8:00 a.m. in Southhampton. If we choose to return to the US the day of disembarkment, what is the earliest we should book a flight home? Will 12:00 work or wait until 2:00 p.m. (14:00)? Anything later than that we'll be overnighting in the US waiting to get home the next day. If that's the case we'd rather just do the day in London and fly home the next morning.

We can do either the O transfer or do a private carriage to the airport.

About an hour and a half on a clear run! Just be aware that the traffic can have a serious consequence on your timings.3 hours before the latest flight is 11am...Mmm...maybe pushing it unless someone can assure you that the motorways are clear..😳

IMHO a 14.00 flight should be safe.

I agree with Janecambridge, 90 minutes to Heathrow is fine. There's road works on the motorway at the moment, but they're not slowing it down too much outside rush hour. It gets difficult if there's any breakdowns or accidents which can create long delays.

Whilst Heathrow say be there 3 hours before a flight in my experience you can generally get away with less, especially if you fly business class!

If using public transport, coach is the easiest, they go direct and the coach station is close to the docks, but I'd book a car. I have details of a firm I've used quite a lot and have always found reliable. Happy to pass on the details if allowed.

Edited by Thatname
typo

Thanks for everyone's help. After reading the replies, along with hating the zoo that is ALWAYS inside of Heathrow, we have decided to avoid the drama; spend the afternoon and night in London; and catch a mid morning flight back on the day after dis-embarkment. :D

I will gladly still take the private car info, so to get downtown London from Southhampton!

Our ship disembarks at 8:00 a.m. in Southhampton. If we choose to return to the US the day of disembarkment, what is the earliest we should book a flight home? Will 12:00 work or wait until 2:00 p.m. (14:00)? Anything later than that we'll be overnighting in the US waiting to get home the next day. If that's the case we'd rather just do the day in London and fly home the next morning.

We can do either the O transfer or do a private carriage to the airport.

We just disembarked the Nautica at 9 a.m., picked up luggage, private van was waiting and was at Heathrow at 10:30 in plenty of time for our 2:05 flight to Miami. No problems with a 2 p.m. flight. Arlene

Even 2pm from Heathrow could be pushing it a bit! But there are comfortable trains every 15 minutes or so direct into London Central Stations - one and half hours. Better than a private car?

The problem is that Heathrow is one and a half hours by car - but there can be delays (and we like being there without worry!).

See https://www.thetrainline.com/

Edited by CashewNuts

Spend the night & have a relaxing time.

I agree spend the day seeing some of the sights and do a show in the West End, much cheaper than New York or Vegas. Then get to Heathrow by National Express coach at under £10/pp. not the £22/pp British-RIPOFF-Rail charge.

Edited by mickey89