groups on board

KAM-RN

I'm sure this question has been asked in the past (i've tried doing a search, but not getting specifics) - How does one find out about any specific large groups that may be booked on your cruise? I have read a few scary posts here that describe ships being pretty much taken over by large groups, and we would like to have some information ahead of time so that we can make an informed choice. Don't get me wrong, we are very acceptant and inclusive people, we are just looking for a fun although somewhat easy going and peaceful atmosphere. Planning an Alaskan cruise 8/2017 on Celebrity Millennium.

Depending on the Roll Call activity for your cruise you could ask there or ask if anyone there is part of a group. I would have to go look for the link but there is one in the HAL message board in a thread about groups to a web site that lists some groups but maybe not all.

There are "groups" on EVERY sailing! 98% of the time, no one even knows there's a "group" aboard. Do NOT let groups worry you! It's a non-issue!

Unless, of course, you're on one of those cruises where the group is 50% (or more) of everyone onboard. And they take over one whole dinner seating, or an entire lounge for "their" events.

Ok, A lot of great information and feedback here. Yes, we do understand that there are groups on every cruise; it's the kind of issues like those posted by some - entire dining rooms and public areas of the ship no longer available to those not in the group, etc. These are the issues that we are talking about. I can assure all that we are going to take our wonderful Alaska cruise anyway and we will have a great time. Thanks to everyone who replied!

I can assure all that we are going to take our wonderful Alaska cruise anyway and we will have a great time....

Your use of the word "anyway" makes me wonder if you did find that a group is on board? Just curious.

Alaska is phenomenal, and Celebrity is a great line. You'll have a blast. :)