Extension cord and small power strip

Hi, I am new to Royal Caribbean and read on their site that extension cords are not allowed. I use a small fan at night and it will need an extension cord. Will they lend me one to use? Also, can I bring a small power strip without a surge protector? I have one sort of like this: https://www.amazon.com/FosPower-3-Outlet-Wraparound-Extension-Portable/dp/B06XDJHXVB/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1498604997&sr=1-7&keywords=travel+power+strip

Thanks!

Hi, I am new to Royal Caribbean and read on their site that extension cords are not allowed. I use a small fan at night and it will need an extension cord. Will they lend me one to use? Also, can I bring a small power strip without a surge protector? I have one sort of like this: https://www.amazon.com/FosPower-3-Outlet-Wraparound-Extension-Portable/dp/B06XDJHXVB/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1498604997&sr=1-7&keywords=travel+power+strip

Thanks!

As far as the fan goes, I suggest buying a battery-operated one. :)

I had two extension cords in my carry-on that I forgot about until I unpacked that bad fully to repack near the end of the trip. Had no issues with security/boarding. Guess that may not be a typical experience, but it was mine.

I had two extension cords in my carry-on that I forgot about until I unpacked that bad fully to repack near the end of the trip. Had no issues with security/boarding. Guess that may not be a typical experience, but it was mine.

They are never going to catch 100% of any contraband item.

Shockingly enough, some smuggled liquor gets through! ;) :D :evilsmile: :halo:

You risk a very high rate of confisciation taking these items onboard. I didn't know about the policy and had a power strip in my luggage had to go claim it from down below. There were HUNDREDS of bags and power strips down there. It was obvious they were making a significant effort to keep these items off the ship.

Our small power strips were confiscated for the first time on our last cruise. We were told that if we need one ur room steward would get one for us. Their concern is making sure the power strips are up to their standards.

For all those asking about what is allowed, realize that this mainly an issue with checked luggage. The security screeners at the terminal who check the carry on luggage don't' care much about this stuff.

Twice had my power boards confiscated, once in Singapore, once in China. Had them in carry on as I had been using them in hotel. All nicely labelled and waiting for me at end of cruise.

I just got off the Radiance on Friday. I have always taken an extension cord and small power strip w/o any problems. I sleep w CPAP and the power cord the ship provided sparked when I tried to use it.

Another helpful hint: since you have 2 regular and 2 foreign outlets, I brought a foreign power adapter. Worked better than the existing outlets.

I used something similar on our last RCI cruise in December and we had no issues. Left it out for the cabin steward and all was fine.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll bring it along and will ask the cabin steward to confirm it's okay before I use it. I'll just bring lots of extra wall to USB plugs just to be safe!

Thanks for letting me know! I'll bring it along and will ask the cabin steward to confirm it's okay before I use it. I'll just bring lots of extra wall to USB plugs just to be safe!

Cabin stewards do not really know. Might be confiscated before you ever get to the cabin. If you need extension cord for special needs contact RC ahead of time and they will provide. Otherwise any extension cords, adapters, etc. are subject to confiscation.

For all those asking about what is allowed, realize that this mainly an issue with checked luggage. The security screeners at the terminal who check the carry on luggage don't' care much about this stuff.

As you don't know or don"t care a fire on a ship cannot be a enjoyable cruise :eek:

Trouble {peter}

That is definitely NOT true at Port Everglades. When going through the security screener for the FoS TA back in April the guy at the scanner insisted that I had 3 bottles of wine in my carry on bag and called for a bag check. The woman that did the check was extremely nasty and after going through my bag with a fine tooth comb she only found the 2 bottles of wine I new I could bring on board. So instead she took my extension cord. As I was walking away she said, "you know, if you hadn't had what looked like 3 bottles of wine on the scanner the exrension cord would have gotten through. I did get it back when we got to Barcelona.

The moral of this story, don't put anything in your carry on bag that remotely resembles something that can be questionable to the security screeners. My "3rd" bottle of wine was actually my insulated cup with a lid.

That is definitely NOT true at Port Everglades. When going through the security screener for the FoS TA back in April the guy at the scanner insisted that I had 3 bottles of wine in my carry on bag and called for a bag check. The woman that did the check was extremely nasty and after going through my bag with a fine tooth comb she only found the 2 bottles of wine I new I could bring on board. So instead she took my extension cord. As I was walking away she said, "you know, if you hadn't had what looked like 3 bottles of wine on the scanner the exrension cord would have gotten through. I did get it back when we got to Barcelona.

The moral of this story, don't put anything in your carry on bag that remotely resembles something that can be questionable to the security screeners. My "3rd" bottle of wine was actually my insulated cup with a lid.

Was your extension cord with or without a surge protector?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is this huge misconception that the policy is no surge protectors. To be clear the policy, as stated on RCCL's website is no extention cords which includes any power strip of any kind.