CCL Stock, where to buy

twinkle toes

There are many Carnival stockholders with far more than 200 shares who do not fiddle the system. The stockholders OBC is not a permanent benefit. Carnival corporation decides each year whether to extend the benefit and at what level. Fortunately, they have renewed the benefit each year.

You may note that OBC benefits such as FCC have been reduced significantly. Unlimited internet for suites was abolished because it was misused.

It is rumored that Princess management reads these pages.

Do you know how long the shareholder benefit has been in place?

We have been sailing on Princess for over a decade. The shareholder's OBC predates that. It applies to all cruise lines in the Carnival Corp portfolio.

"The “Carnival stock cruise credit” (the shareholders perk) is a deal that is being extended each year – from July this year through July next year. For Carnival Corporation to extend the shareholder onboard credit benefit is a standard practice. It must be re-approved each year at the CCL stockholders meeting held in April. Generally, it happens automatically, and it’s never being a problem."

Like all perks and benefits it is subject to review and change.

You only have to own the stock on the day you present the cert from your account. You can in fact buy it on Monday, show it on a Tuesday and sell it on a wednsday.... The only requirement is you have at one point 100 shares. CCL has no way of checking other than your brokerage account statement.

You should know that the stock is volatile...it has ranged between $46 and $53 a share in a 6 month period Today its trading at $50. You should look at a line graph of 3 years to get an idea of how the price varies with the season..and it does a lot. With a 7.5% gain I feel there are far better places to invest like WaltDisney that pays a $1.32 per share dividend and has a 10 year growth rate of 15%..

Someone stated it pays you $100 a year dividend... that is NOT correct. It pays as of November $0.30 dividend per share, and paid quarterly and that can rise or fall 6 months ago it was $0.25 per share.

You can get your dividend either reinvested into the stock or get a check for it.both will be taxable as either short term or long term capital gain see your CPAon that..

Don't play with stock as a way to save a few dollars you can loose the $500 to $1000 that you save if you don't know about the market.....Be an educated consumer...don't buy into a game you don't know well.... Look before you leap...don't be emotional.

We have owned a few hundred shares of CCL for many years. It was bought as an investment. We bought most of the stock when it was in the high $20s. It appeared to be an excellent investment at that price point. Our research indicated a $40 target point. It reached that and more. We view the stock as a good investment at the price we paid. We are "buy and hold" investors.

We average 3 cruises each year and most are 14 days or longer so we also accrue about $750 OBC which is the same as a cash. We see this as an added dividend.

In our personal views wewould not buy CCL to add to our portfolio as an investment at $50 a share.

We average 3 cruises each year and most are 14 days or longer so we also accrue about $750 OBC which is the same as a cash. We see this as an added dividend..

One big advantage of the OBC, at least to our way of thinking, is that it's non-taxable income! Same thing with the military OBC too!

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
  • Thanks 1

Someone stated it pays you $100 a year dividend... that is NOT correct. It pays as of November $0.30 dividend per share, and paid quarterly and that can rise or fall 6 months ago it was $0.25 per share.

You are correct - the dividend is NOT $100 per year for 100 shares. It is currently $0.30 per share, paid quarterly (i.e., 4 times per year) for a total of $1.20 per share per year. Times 100 shares, that is $120 per year. Even better. :)

You are correct - the dividend is NOT $100 per year for 100 shares. It is currently $0.30 per share, paid quarterly (i.e., 4 times per year) for a total of $1.20 per share per year. Times 100 shares, that is $120 per year. Even better. :)

I cannot understand your advices

We have to work in sterling as we bought ours in UK and we get normally 4 dividends a year with add up to about 100 pounds It fluctuates obviously In fact the lowest we have had was in 15th June and it paid me 16.44 sterling and showed it worked from US$1.66 per share

I do not sneeze at about 100 pounds per year as well as all the obc we have had Far more than the original cost of the shares which have more than doubled in value since 2009 although there was a recent drop

• 1 year later...
Hi i was wondering if someone takes back to back cruise do they see them as one cruise to many cruise for the obc.

You get OBC for each booking number.

If my cruise is already booked and leaves in april will my obc be good for the cruise or do i have to wait for my next cruise.

You can get OBC for cruises already booked. Send in the forms and proof of stock ownership within 90 days of sailing. So, for your April cruise, you can send in the forms NOW!

Hi i was wondering if someone takes back to back cruise do they see them as one cruise to many cruise for the obc.

As others have mentioned on back to back cruises you'll have two booking numbers. On our second leg last year we qualified for free internet minutes by reaching the platinum level. The OBC applies to both legs of the cruise

Howard

Can anyone elaborate on this? If CCL stocks are part of your 401K, this will qualify for OBC when you cruise? How would one prove this to Princess? Has anyone here done that?

It is absolutely OK, at least with an IRA, I have done it. The problem is that most 401K's don't allow you to invest in stocks. So when my wife changed jobs we rolled her old employer's 401k funds into an IRA and bought 100 shares of CCL in the IRA. Got the OBC on our next cruise.