All Inclusive Beverage Package Promotion

WolfpackFan

No doubles

No buckets of beer

No sharing

However, if you want to try the "bazoobo wowow" martini and don't like it you can just say "ick" and get something else. No waiting. If you order a shot of bourbon and toss it back you can get another drink. No waiting. If you get sloshy drunk and belligerent... expect the bartender to cut you off or call for an officer to cut you off. You are not on a Carnival Caribbean Spring Break cruise.

It "is" a bit of a nuisance as I like to order a double and nurse it but what the heck. I've never had the package before as I am far to cheap to pay for it and can happily get along with less booze, etc. (We do always have coffee cards though.)

Since it is included for our next cruise I will happily take the perk. I checked the price for this year without the perk and then the price for next year with the perk and they were exactly the same. OK. My wife has wanted to do this cruise as a "bucket list" thing and, if Princess will give me an AIBP worth $3,155.60 I will gladly take it! I have to admit I fully expected to find that the price had been jacked up significantly but that wasn't the case.

We have only cruised 7 times so far and they have all been with Princess. Given the earlier part of this post our next cruise is (obviously) our next cruise is booked with Princess as well. Princess has been good to us. We have enjoyed the people we have met and interacted with on our Princess cruises. The crew have always been great and some have actually been fantastic. This promotion is just one more way Princess has secured our patronage. All I can say to Princess is, "THANKS!"

No doubles . . .

It "is" a bit of a nuisance as I like to order a double and nurse it but what the heck. I've never had the package before as I am far to cheap to pay for it and can happily get along with less booze, etc.

You could always order another glass of the alcolol "neat" and pour it into your mixed drink if you want it stronger.

We had the AIBP through the Sip&Sail promotion, and DH was able to get a double (he drinks Scotch on the rocks) without much of a problem. I realize it is not the official policy, but most waiters and bartenders were glad to oblige him. Of course, your mileage may vary, but it never hurts to ask nicely. They probably thought it saved them from running back and forth quite so often (one shot doesn't make much of a drink on the rocks.)!

Edited by cynbar

No doubles

When you think about it, that's actually a bit weird.

It includes cocktails. So if I order a Cosmopolitan using the AIBP I'm getting a shot of vodka, a shot of cointreau, and some cranberry juice. In other works two shots of alcohol, each individually priced around the same price as a shot of whisky, yet you can't get a double shot of the whiskey.

We had the AIBP through the Sip&Sail promotion, and DH was able to get a double (he drinks Scotch on the rocks) without much of a problem. I realize it is not the official policy, but most waiters and bartenders were glad to oblige him. Of course, your mileage may vary, but it never hurts to ask nicely. They probably thought it saved them from running back and forth quite so often (one shot doesn't make much of a drink on the rocks.)!

That's good to know. I tend to drink either bourbon or scotch and usually take it "neat". With the BOGO it's easy to just have them put both drinks in one glass. I guess I can always ask for a double with the drink package. The worst that can happen is that they will say no and they may well say yes. I agree that it saves work for the waiter if they oblige me.

So we booked under this promotion in a suite, that comes with a mini bar set up....can we have them take it away for OBC?

No. But you can exchange it for two coffee cards (which you do not need on this cruise) that you can use the punches on a future cruise.

I know that you cannot get drinks from room service with the AIBP, but can you go to a bar and ask for a split of champagne (I think that is what they call the small bottle) and ask that they don't open it so that you can take it back to your stateroom? And does anyone know if that is under the $10 drink limit?

I remember reading somewhere on cc that for BOGO people did that, asked for the 2nd bottle not to be opened and then they could take it back to their stateroom.

Helen

I know that you cannot get drinks from room service with the AIBP, but can you go to a bar and ask for a split of champagne (I think that is what they call the small bottle) and ask that they don't open it so that you can take it back to your stateroom? And does anyone know if that is under the $10 drink limit?

I remember reading somewhere on cc that for BOGO people did that, asked for the 2nd bottle not to be opened and then they could take it back to their stateroom.

Helen

Yup, not a problem at all. You can order those little champagne bottles and ask for them unopened to take back with you. Not a problem. Same for beers too - they'll give you an unopened one if you ask... Easier further into the cruise as bartenders get to know you and what you're drinking, so they know better whether you're sharing... Enjoy.