Drink package discount???

tgold

Hi,

We are sailing on Allure in July. The current promotion is "buy drink package for $54/day, get voom free". Do you speculate that this promo will end and they will do a straight 20-30% off drink packages before our cruise? I would prefer to get the cheaper drink package. Thanks!!

Sounds like it is a good promotion considering half of the passengers on the ship spend most time onboard staring at their device...........

Sadly...this is the truth. Gone are the days when people would actually put their phones in their safe in the cabin after sail away. Even longer gone are the days when we didn't have cell phones on a cruise. I actually look forward to being completely disconnected on our cruises.

On our Harmony cruise in November, I did get the internet package and posted daily as a live review...mainly because of the newness of the ship. But I felt like I missed out on a lot of things.

"I actually look forward to being completely disconnected on our cruises"

Me too! I refuse to get a media package.

About the drink packages - I find it really frustrating that they advertised the deluxe drink package (not with Voom) for $44, claiming that was a 20% discount. This week my planner shows it for $44 boasting no discount. How was $44 a 20% discount if regular price is $44??? I really dislike false/misleading advertising.

Exactly my concern. I am a social media phone-junkie. Y'all, I have over 50,000 tweets. I am addicted to social media. But for one week out of the year - the July cruise my wife and I do every year - I completely disconnect. I don't check e-mail, I don't check facebook, I don't check twitter. I don't even text message.

But we always get the drink package and the internet for free with that is compelling. The wife likes to instagram and whatnot and it'd be helpful to be able to post pics and maybe check e-mail once a day. But my concern is that once I give myself that outlet I'll be on it way too dang much. I almost wish I could tell Royal "I'll pay you to turn my internet off after 10 minutes of usage every day".

" I find it really frustrating that they advertised the deluxe drink package (not with Voom) for $44, claiming that was a 20% discount. This week my planner shows it for $44 boasting no discount. How was $44 a 20% discount if regular price is $44??? I really dislike false/misleading advertising.

It's 20% off the on board price, which in November on Allure was $56.

It's 20% off the on board price, which in November on Allure was $56.

It was $56 on board on both our October and March trips, that's why they state "20% off on board prices" and honestly it's the same with Carnival $49 pre purchase or $57 on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gsuoumu - Step away from the media package!

You know you won't be able to resist once you start. You'll open one little email and the next thing you know it will be 10:00 pm and you will have missed dinner!

That's the reason we don't get it. I need a week to unplug. You can tweet and email when you get back!

I booked this offer today for a sailing in May. Great deal! As Noir members, we have 15 drink coupons, which will be gone very quickly. Since it's only two of us, I booked the Sip and Stream offer for one and one device. I was told by NCO that you can share VOOM between devices.

What I don't understand about the drink package and free voom deal is the voom doesn't seem free in this deal.

If you buy the drink package by itself the total price is $379.96. If you buy the drink package plus free voom deal, the total is $433.68.

What I don't understand about the drink package and free voom deal is the voom doesn't seem free in this deal.

If you buy the drink package by itself the total price is $379.96. If you buy the drink package plus free voom deal, the total is $433.68.

Was going to ask the same question today. It actually doesn't seem like a deal and forces u to get voom. We sail in July too I prefer to get the cheaper drink package and one voom.

It does not say it's free. It's says it's Deluxe drink package and Voom. It's a discounted rate on the two by booking it as a package.

The name of the package is "Deluxe Beverage Package and Free Voom"

IMG_1493539492.434746.jpg.15a714b73ed43fa4588ce609785e3f7a.jpg

IMG_1493539592.851284.jpg.3a81565cb9197126bf4c58e8f8e5c679.jpg

Maybe you have something different than we show all four cruises we have booked show wording exactly the same as in the photos

IMG_1493539581.685198.jpg.84465a6185d7710107afdea89193030d.jpg

It appears same price just worded differently. I wonder how much of a discount really. And I wish they gave you choices. So right now I'm waiting. We only need one device with voom