Sip and Sail question

joanne2

Does anyone know how long this deal will be offered? Maybe I'm missing it in the ads, I can see the time frame for the cruises that are included but don't see when you have to book. I'm looking at 2017 cruises but not ready to book yet but don't want to miss out. Thanks

Does anyone know how long this deal will be offered? Maybe I'm missing it in the ads, I can see the time frame for the cruises that are included but don't see when you have to book. I'm looking at 2017 cruises but not ready to book yet but don't want to miss out. Thanks

Don't know the dates but each cruise is capacity controlled with this promo. Only a certain number will be offered then its off the table for that cruise.

As others have mentioned, it is good through 8/31/16 (for booking) and I don't believe it applies to all cruises (you may have to read the fine print because there are always a few exceptions to the rule). We are booked on a PC cruise for Xmas/New Year's 2017 on the Island and my friend was able to get it (only because she booked a balcony). Doesn't apply to OV (that's what we've booked) but she'll be able to get me any drink I want so it's a win-win for me and although I'm not a big drinker, I will put in my order with her on a daily basis! LOL

As others have mentioned, it is good through 8/31/16 (for booking) and I don't believe it applies to all cruises (you may have to read the fine print because there are always a few exceptions to the rule). We are booked on a PC cruise for Xmas/New Year's 2017 on the Island and my friend was able to get it (only because she booked a balcony). Doesn't apply to OV (that's what we've booked) but she'll be able to get me any drink I want so it's a win-win for me and although I'm not a big drinker, I will put in my order with her on a daily basis! LOL

Wow, you don't feel you need to pay for your own drinks? Do you go to IRS chatrooms and brag about cheating on your taxes too?

You do know that if she gets drinks for you and gets caught she will lose the package and have to pay for all drinks she has ordered.

You do know that if she gets drinks for you and gets caught she will lose the package and have to pay for all drinks she has ordered.

We saw a cruiser confronted with this on our May Caribbean Princess cruise. He ordered a drink and promptly gave it to a woman next to him (who apparently didn't have a package.) So, I know they do check, although I don't know what the consequences were. I'd say your friend would need to be pretty discreet (or sneaky) to pull this off, perhaps have her carry the drink away from the bar to a quiet location with no one watching. Sounds like a lot of work to me. The packages do say they are limited to the purchaser.

Looks like they bought their gene pool from Walmart. You just can't make up stupid.

We saw a cruiser confronted with this on our May Caribbean Princess cruise. He ordered a drink and promptly gave it to a woman next to him (who apparently didn't have a package.) So, I know they do check, although I don't know what the consequences were. I'd say your friend would need to be pretty discreet (or sneaky) to pull this off, perhaps have her carry the drink away from the bar to a quiet location with no one watching. Sounds like a lot of work to me. The packages do say they are limited to the purchaser.

I wonder if the Princess employees who monitor Cruise Critic make note of the name of those who offer suggestions to others on how to cheat Princess?

Isn't this the current conscious of our country? What a shame! What happened to American Pride? It's all about how one can get over, cheat, steal etc... No wonder our kids flocked to Bernie Sanders. Our beloved country needs an awakening. Let's get back to values. Ok I'm off my soap box now.

Isn't this the current conscious of our country? What a shame! What happened to American Pride? It's all about how one can get over, cheat, steal etc... No wonder our kids flocked to Bernie Sanders. Our beloved country needs an awakening. Let's get back to values. Ok I'm off my soap box now.

Uh Oh, better check your secured server. Looks like you might have sent some top secret email. Off my soap box.

Certainly can't blame them.....this kind of behavior is what changed the rules for the coffee card.

It's no different than Insurance, workers comp, taxes, and the general cost of things. Take away the fraud, deceit, and people trying to screw the system and everything would be a lot cheaper! yes even drink programs:D

As others have said, it's not supposed to be shared and one can lose all privileges and probably have to still pay for the package for the rest of the cruise.

I saw someone in a Holiday Inn Express where I was staying for work (YAY! I just finally retired!!!) who was smoking in their room. You specifically have to initial a portion of the agreement when booking a room there saying you won't smoke in the room. The management knocked on the door. A cloud of smoke came out. The people in the room claimed they weren't smoking... The got kicked out of the hotel, lost the money they had paid for the room, and got a $250 penalty added to their credit card.

I think it's best to follow the rules. Heck, my wife and I don't even share the fresh-brewed coffee on our coffee cards. If one can afford to cruise one should be able to follow the rules.

Under this promo - we do not want the All-Inclusive Beverage Package, but an alternative OBC have been designated. We choice the OBC for both myself and DW.

DW had open heart surgery (aortic valve replacement plus meds) so no alcohol for her. Both guest 1 & 2 must choose the same amenity. For a 7 day cruise we can receive $150pp. I understand the offer is not transferable. However, the OBC is not combinable with other "select" offers and "other" onboard credits. What other OBC credits? Need clarity on this point.

Question: Can I still obtain my Military OBC credit? How about my Stockholder Benefit OBC credit?

John

Under this promo - we do not want the All-Inclusive Beverage Package, but an alternative OBC have been designated. We choice the OBC for both myself and DW.

DW had open heart surgery (aortic valve replacement plus meds) so no alcohol for her. Both guest 1 & 2 must choose the same amenity. For a 7 day cruise we can receive $150pp. I understand the offer is not transferable. However, the OBC is not combinable with other "select" offers and "other" onboard credits. What other OBC credits? Need clarity on this point.

Question: Can I still obtain my Military OBC credit? How about my Stockholder Benefit OBC credit?

John

I took the OBC and still show FCC and Military OBC. Too early for stockholder's OBC.

Tom

John

Yes, it's combinable with Military and shareholder OBC.

We also took the On Board Credit and have all the other credits on our printout. Like $500.00 to spend. Shopping on board for us!!. We are not big drinkers and will be happy to buy a bottle or two of wine... Also we are Elite and get the bar set up in our room.

Thanks Princess...

As others have said, no, she won't be able to buy you drinks. Servers have seen it all and you'll have this go through a lot of hassle to get one drink. Either book a balcony or pay for your own AIBP.

There's always someone who thinks he or she is above the rules...

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

I thought Sip&Sail was good for all 2017 cruises but NOW I see it's only for summer 2017 forward.

Had in mind to book cruise for beginning of January, but now it looks like it doesn't cover the winter/spring months (Jan, Feb, Mar, April)....Guess we will be using Celebrity or HAL, both of which also have beverage pkgs.

Do any of you know if Princess has already changed the rules & the dates the Bev Pkg is applied to???

John

On Princess OBC can be combined. Therefore FCC, military and shareholder OBC can be all claimed. This would also include the sip & sail OBC but in my case I take the alcohol instead. :D