Silly question

Confused_mammaj

Not as a rule unless it is a very short cruise and so not worth changing the time zone. Where are you going? They usually put the clocks on or back an hour overnight.

Almost always ship's time been corrected to local time on cruises we've done so if your next port is an hour on or back from your last port, ship's time is usually corrected at 2am so you get an extra hour in bed - or an hour less. On TAs when there is often an hour lost on successive nights, the Capt will advance the ship's clocks at midday (presumably so that crew aren't losing an hour for four days on the trot or similar scenario).

If they don't change to local time, I think the potential for passengers to get mixed up re boarding times becomes rather greater! It's important to remember to change your watch though - we've been on a cruise when the Capt actually waited half an hour for two late passengers - their watches were an hour slow. Lucky the Capt was prepared to wait!

I've just checked, currently all your ports are an hour ahead of BST so I imagine you will gain an hour after leaving the UK then lose it again on the way back.

It's only ever happened in our experience on the return legs of a TA - US to UK. As hooked cruiser said at noon the clocks went forward to 1pm. The hours gained sailing westbound out of the UK happened overnight and adjustments for all other cruises we've done eg Baltic, Med, Europe and around the Caribbean have been overnight too.

Edited by kruzseeka

On our Anthem cruise last year they kept to ship time when we docked in Bilbao rather than adjust to the local time. First and only time we have experienced this on cruises and really not sure why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk