What's the difference between Penthouse/RS and Celebrity Suite/Sky suite

guy999

No, we have never managed to either! I am sure on longer cruises there would not be a problem. We once did 2 X 5 day b2b in the PH on Millie, we got off the ship with 3 full bottles of spirit and half of the other!

Agreed. It is ridiculous to have the same provided for a 17-night cruise and a 5-night cruise. 2 bottles have been sufficient for us on a 17-night cruise.

Do the RS on M class ships only have one toilet? Specifically say 'toilet' as I recall reading that some suites have 1 bathroom with 2 entrance doors.

TIA :).

One bathroom in RS on M-class ships. One door access which is across from the bedroom (small hallway that has bedroom door, bathroom door and walk-in closet)

One bathroom in RS on M-class ships. One door access which is across from the bedroom (small hallway that has bedroom door, bathroom door and walk-in closet)

For comparison purposes, we booked a RS on a Caribbean cruise in Dec 2016 under the Go BBB program. Since internet and premium drink package comes with a RS, we selected Better and took the OBC and gratuities, effectively getting all 4 perks. Under the current program which includes all 4, the price for a RS is $200 more than what we paid. In addition there was a special program when we booked giving an extra $300 OBC ($600 total).

I haven't sailed in a RS before, but as others have pointed out, and according to the website, a RS also comes with a bottle of "proper champagne" (which I also love) instead of sparkling wine, 2 bottles of spirits, free mini-bar and unlimited specialty dining.

For comparison purposes, we booked a RS on a Caribbean cruise in Dec 2016 under the Go BBB program. Since internet and premium drink package comes with a RS, we selected Better and took the OBC and gratuities, effectively getting all 4 perks. Under the current program which includes all 4, the price for a RS is $200 more than what we paid. In addition there was a special program when we booked giving an extra $300 OBC ($600 total).

I haven't sailed in a RS before, but as others have pointed out, and according to the website, a RS also comes with a bottle of "proper champagne" (which I also love) instead of sparkling wine, 2 bottles of spirits, free mini-bar and unlimited specialty dining.

Plus unlimited Internet access and complimentary laundry.

Edited by Project_gal

We booked a RS for our B2B cruise on Silhouette while on Summit in September under the same program. Got the extra $300 on board credit under the perk it up they offered for a short time so we have $950 on board credit for each 7 night cruise, along with all the other perks. I see some good wine in our future, and maybe another Chef's Table. :D

We also were lucky enough to grab our PH when the "extra" sale was going on so in addition to the original $300 in the suite promo, we have an extra $300, plus because of a screw-up by Celebrity over a website issue, they gave us another $300!

Don't even know where we could possibly spend $900!

My husband is excited to use some of the OBC for a in suite massage on one of our sea days to Bermuda.

I'm sure if I try hard enough, I'll figure a way to spend the rest of it ;)

The all in suite promo was available to April 2018 for onboard bookings, or it was in March when we was last onboard... [emoji4]

This is correct!

I was on Connie last month and while on-board booked 2 more cruises for 2017, both in suites, and received all the perks as a promo, including some nice obc. First cruise will be in April, 2017 in a Sky Suite, and the second will be in December, 2017, in a Celebrity Suite.

I've been searching on the X website. Can someone tell me how many CC points we'll earn per day for sailing in a Celebrity Suite?

(We earned 8 points per day for sailing an an S1 last month on Connie.)

Nice plan for OBC use!! We actually have a total $1,100 OBC (200 from celebrity for a canceled cruise and 300 from TA). I'm thinking spa and maybe trying a Chef's Market excursion.

We really enjoyed the Chef's Market Discovery excursion in St. Maarten. Thinking about doing it in Jamaica in December.

This is correct!

I've been searching on the X website. Can someone tell me how many CC points we'll earn per day for sailing in a Celebrity Suite?

(We earned 8 points per day for sailing an an S1 last month on Connie.)

12 points per night for CS & RS.

We also were lucky enough to grab our PH when the "extra" sale was going on so in addition to the original $300 in the suite promo, we have an extra $300, plus because of a screw-up by Celebrity over a website issue, they gave us another $300!

My husband is excited to use some of the OBC for a in suite massage on one of our sea days to Bermuda.

We upgraded from Aqua Class to a Suite Guarantee on our upcoming Greek Isles and Turkey cruise while the $300 extra promo was going on. We also ended up with a total of $900 OBC because the original reservation was booked under the 123 Go promotion a long time ago.

The won't do in suite massages, the "program" was cancelled before it ever started.

On a side note, while they are including "Best" for many suite bookings, it doesn't include "repo" cruises such as TATL, TPAC, SUEZ, etc, those do not include the promos so you only get the benefits if you book a PH or RS unless you buy them individually.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The all in suite promo was available to April 2018 for onboard bookings, or it was in March when we was last onboard... [emoji4]

We're going to be first time Celebrity cruisers after 90 days with HAL. The 15-day Abu Dhabi to Singapore run aboard the Connie, March 2018, caught our eye as it hits ports HAL doesn't. We decided to book a RS under the new promo - 50% deposits on Suites, free gratuities, $300 OBC - only to be told this was a "repositioning cruise" and no promos apply. I used to run auto dealerships, and it occurred to me that "repo" now has a new but similar meaning...it's yours no longer. At least the RS covers the drinks and free internet.

If you booked a cruise prior to 1/1/16 you will get 1 free specialty dining for a 7 night cruise, 2 for 8days or longer. Bookings made after that date don't get the free dinners. This applies to Sky and Celebrity Suites.

Not necessarily! We upgraded to a Sky Suite and got the premium bev. pkg. as well as gratuities, OBC and unlimited internet. Since we have Luminae, we don't need to go to the specialty restaurants.

I was speaking with a Capt Club agent today and she looked at a future reservation and told me for $100 I could upgrade from C1 to S1 and would have premium beverage package, free gratuities, OBC and unlimited internet.....sounded like a no brainier (for net net it's $100 more for the entire cruise than paying for those because they'd be included for free)

Celebrity is running a promo on suite bookings right now that includes the 4 perks....premium bvg package, gratuities, $300 OBC and unlimited internet for the 1st two guests in a cabin.

As of now the promo is running till May 1st and is good on sailings till May 2017.

I have looked at cruises for next summer and this is not offered so far for sailings starting June 2017 and beyond.

Maybe they'll keep it as a permanent perk?

My cruise was for 2018 so I think they've extended it (both last May 1 and for 2018 cruises)

I was speaking with a Capt Club agent today and she looked at a future reservation and told me for $100 I could upgrade from C1 to S1 and would have premium beverage package, free gratuities, OBC and unlimited internet.....sounded like a no brainier (for net net it's $100 more for the entire cruise than paying for those because they'd be included for free)

Wow, you got a great deal! Congrats and enjoy!!