Major QM2 interior refit 2016

QM1

I can see why it looks a bit confusing at first glance . There appears to be mirrored glass in the new rendering (from where the lifts have been removed) and it reflects the copper/metal mural from the opposite side. I think :confused:
You're right, they've increased the number of mirrors that currently exist between the lifts to cover the whole wall.

Joking aside, I have one of these fitness bands. Taking the Stairs makes more of a difference than I'd realised & a good brisk walk of a few miles does wonders for ones health.

A Daily routine of, say 8 laps of the promenade and completely ditching the lifts during your voyage will do wonders.

Joking aside, I have one of these fitness bands. Taking the Stairs makes more of a difference than I'd realised & a good brisk walk of a few miles does wonders for ones health.

A Daily routine of, say 8 laps of the promenade and completely ditching the lifts during your voyage will do wonders.

I have worn my Fitbit at sea for several years now. One does get addicted to having the feedback.

While the "steps" feature might be fairly accurate, I believe the "flights of stairs" count can be greatly enhanced by the ship's motion. ….Or, did I really climb over a hundred flights in single day? (I only wish)

• 1 month later...

I just read that only half of the stateroom are being refit during the deadlock. I was really looking forward to a fresh room in September. Do you think they would allow one to specifically book a stateroom slated for a refit or does one simply roll the dice? We are booked in a category BY and an IE right now. Will probably call tomorrow.

Do you have specific rooms booked or have you booked guarantee rooms? Cunard say insides and BY categories will be refurbished next year.

Queen Mary 2 will be refurbishing the following grades in 2016 dry dock:

• All Grills Suites

• All Britannia Club balconies on Deck 12

• All Britannia Balconies on Deck 12, Deck 11 and Deck 8

• All Britannia Obstructed Balconies on Deck 8

• BU/BV Grades of Britannia Sheltered balconies on Deck 6

Queen Mary 2 will be refurbishing the following staterooms in service over 2017:

• Remaining BZ/BY Grades of Britannia Sheltered Balconies on Deck 6

• All Britannia sheltered balconies on Deck 4 and Deck 5

• All Britannia Ocean Views

• All Britannia Atrium Views

• All Britannia Insides

Do you have specific rooms booked or have you booked guarantee rooms? Cunard say insides and BY categories will be refurbished next year.

• All Grills Suites

Queen Mary 2 will be refurbishing the following staterooms in service over 2017:

• All Britannia Insides

This is very useful information - thank you so much! :)

Managed to book a stateroom that will be guaranteed refurbished! Adding to that, my cruise consultant found an inside right across the hall, which I need, as my kids will be with us. Barry, at Cunard is the absolute best. Worked with him on our TA sailing and again this time. Wonderful service.

• All Grills Suites

• All Britannia Insides

Thank you, Ray66, for sharing this information.

I am also in a deck 13 inside on the Dec BtB TA. I rocked and rolled on deck 12 last month on the BtB; now I will be rocking and rolling on deck 13!

You might swing over to the roll call for the second half of this B-B ( Dec 16 2016) and sign in. No sense opening up a true B-B roll call. We can set up a CC Meet and Greet out of NYC on this one if there are enough folks.

• All Grills Suites

• All Britannia Insides

Thanks for this Ray, I have booked an obstructed balcony on deck 8 for the 1st November short trip. It's good to know it will have been refitted. I just hope I don't get "upgraded" to sheltered balcony that has not been upgraded.

Thank you for the link. The pictures should look good in the staterooms. Something interesting to look at when there's nothing on the TV. :D

I have booked an obstructed balcony on deck 8 for the 1st November short trip. It's good to know it will have been refitted. I just hope I don't get "upgraded" to sheltered balcony that has not been upgraded.

Quite possibly if you didn't put "no upgrade". Hopefully you will get upgraded to a BU/BV sheltered on deck 6.

• All Grills Suites

• All Britannia Insides

Odd wording, "over 2017." That seems a long time to finish this process. Any bets on whether the BU/BV cabins will really be done by the end of the dry dock? And if they are, how intrusive will it be to have refits done to other cabins on the same deck? I want to book Christmas, and I'm thinking I have to go for a higher balcony grade just to be sure we'll have a refurbished room and no commotion down the hall.

Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering what the B/W photos I could see in the room images would be. I was able to walk through the Cunard building last July. It was special because that's probably the last building my grandmother walked through in the UK before sailing to the US.