Major QM2 interior refit 2016

QM1

Gee, Bobby, now don't mince words - tell us how you really feel about in-cabin tea and coffee makers? Not as good as that lukewarm water served in carafe's that previously held coffee? delivered by over-worked room service at some time after requesting a simple pot of tea?;)

Speaking of new additions made during the refit, apparently there will be accommodations for ferrets in the kennel, according to this report: "...And for travelers who find cruising with only humans is so last year, after refurbishments this summer, Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 will have space to bring along dogs, cats and even ferrets in one of its 22 on-board pet kennels." http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article66242617.html#storylink=cpy

Edited by Salacia

In room tea and coffee makers are a turn-off to me. Not my cup of tea.;)

Like wise.

Interesting about Queen Victoria and the addition of Britannia Club, which probably means the removal of The Chart Room for Britannia Club Dining ?:eek:

Like wise.

Interesting about Queen Victoria and the addition of Britannia Club, which probably means the removal of The Chart Room for Britannia Club Dining ?:eek:

I believe that in Europe the cruise lines have tea/coffee making facilities in the cabins but when ships have got back to UK and are proceeding across the Atlantic they had to take them out. Do American ships have tea/coffee making facilities when in American waters?

I believe that in Europe the cruise lines have tea/coffee making facilities in the cabins but when ships have got back to UK and are proceeding across the Atlantic they had to take them out. Do American ships have tea/coffee making facilities when in American waters?

I have sailed American ships in American waters but never saw tea/coffee making facilities in a cabin.

NCL has them in most cabins of the Breakaway and Breakaway Plus class ships. I would think they cut down on excessive calls to room service.

The Breakaway is the only ship I've ever sailed on that had coffee makers in the cabin.

Perhaps others do but in suites only?

Either way, I could take it or leave it since the coffee is usually awful in those machines but I would like it for tea.

Gee, Bobby, now don't mince words - tell us how you really feel about in-cabin tea and coffee makers? Not as good as that lukewarm water served in carafe's that previously held coffee? delivered by over-worked room service at some time after requesting a simple pot of tea?;)

Speaking of new additions made during the refit, apparently there will be accommodations for ferrets in the kennel, according to this report: "...And for travelers who find cruising with only humans is so last year, after refurbishments this summer, Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 will have space to bring along dogs, cats and even ferrets in one of its 22 on-board pet kennels." http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article66242617.html#storylink=cpy

I believe ferrets are illegal in NYC.

DH and I have no interest in coffee/tea as an in cabin feature, but (from reading CC postings) I realize many people will be very pleased by this addition.

P&O, evidently, supplies their cabins with such (creating an expectation for P&O passengers who try Cunard).

Seems to me that Cunard is being responsive to customer wishes. Has no affect on me, other than I applaud when a business tries to be thoughtful.

Like wise.

The post-refit deck plans for the QV are on Cunard's Website. The Britannia Club accommodations are re-classified staterooms on Deck 8.

Indeed, the Club restaurant will be in the space currently occupied by the Chart Room.

http://www.cunard.com/Documents/2017-18-deck-plans/QV-deck-plans-2017-18.pdf

"...On the Queen Victoria, which goes into dry dock in June 2017, 39 balcony staterooms will be converted to Britannia Club Staterooms. In addition, the back of the ship will be extended to create a similar look to Queen Elizabeth, and in the newly created space, 30 Britannia staterooms will be added, bringing the total staterooms to 1,034..." - copied from http://www.miamiherald.com/living/travel/cruises/article67028307.html

I wish we knew for sure when the dry dock for the QV is. The US websites are saying it's June 2017, while UK travel agents' websites are still showing cruises for that month from southampton. Namely:

4th June - 4 nights Amsterdam & Zeebrugge.

8th June - 14 nights Canaries

22nd June - the Med

and are still showing a blank for all of May 2017 so one would think that that is when the re-fit is going to be.

I wish we knew for sure when the dry dock for the QV is. The US websites are saying it's June 2017, while UK travel agents' websites are still showing cruises for that month from southampton. Namely:

4th June - 4 nights Amsterdam & Zeebrugge.

8th June - 14 nights Canaries

22nd June - the Med

and are still showing a blank for all of May 2017 so one would think that that is when the re-fit is going to be.

The Deck plans are showing Old up to 5th May and New from 4th June 2017

http://www.cunard.com/Documents/2017-18-deck-plans/QV-deck-plans-2017-18.pdf

Edited by Pennbank

Thereby removing two of the reasons I'd sail on QV again... :rolleyes:

Hello

Totally agree unless no other alternative. I'll stick to the Queen Mary only. Too bad Cunard is ruining such a nice ship by adding more cabins, changing the lines of the ship and removing the much used Chart Room which will FOR SURE crowd and overcrowd the other lounges especially since the passenger capacity is being increased. (Again do not understand why Cunard can't just carve out space in the main dining room for Britannia Club and leave the Chart Room as it is.) Very foolish. The shortsighted bean counters win!

Deck Chair

Edited by deck chair

• 1 month later...
Only for illustration purpose (according to Cunard on their new remastering video) I think we might still see Blue.

I seriously doubt Cunard would change the look after releasing this video. All carpets have already been sourced and are being manufactured at this point. All renderings are for illustration purposes and all lines will include this clause, but I wouldn't read too much into. If they have taken the time to announce a "reveal" and release it publicly, then it's pretty much what the final product will look like.

Hello

Totally agree unless no other alternative. I'll stick to the Queen Mary only. Too bad Cunard is ruining such a nice ship by adding more cabins, changing the lines of the ship and removing the much used Chart Room which will FOR SURE crowd and overcrowd the other lounges especially since the passenger capacity is being increased. (Again do not understand why Cunard can't just carve out space in the main dining room for Britannia Club and leave the Chart Room as it is.) Very foolish. The shortsighted bean counters win!

Deck Chair

I have heard that Cunard have listened to passengers and the Chart Room is to stay. That would please everyone I think. ..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt Cunard would change the look after releasing this video. All carpets have already been sourced and are being manufactured at this point. All renderings are for illustration purposes and all lines will include this clause, but I wouldn't read too much into. If they have taken the time to announce a "reveal" and release it publicly, then it's pretty much what the final product will look like.

The wording after the Video says "Designs for illustration purpose only and are subject to change"

Assuming this is the colour of the Lobby carpets, at the end of the day this video is only a 'computer generated artists impression', so I expect the actual colouring would be much softer and muted tones.

I have heard that Cunard have listened to passengers and the Chart Room is to stay. That would please everyone I think. ..

Yes, Roscoe mentioned it on the Live from Queen Victoria World Cruise thread

As to what they are going to do to "our" ship, I can tell you that David Noyes promised us at the World Cruise Dinner this year that they would not be removing the chart room now. He indicated that they had received a lot of feedback regarding the issue and wanted us to know that they had listened. I know for a fact, because I was one of many that had a chat with him over the issue and that it was a hot topic when he hosted several groups of us that day was an understatement.

As to what they are doing with regards to "flattening" off the stern of the ship AKA the Queen Elizabeth, that we have lost that fight. The cabins are already being built in readiness to be put onto the ship.