would we like this on p and o ships here?

still wandering around other boards and came across this

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=46995551#

I read it and thought yes that sound good...sounds like the food halls you get in some shopping centres here, where the outlets are all around the edge and seating in the middle.

So what do others think?

haven't experienced it yet, but can see good and bad.

One thing that worries me is that I love getting say some asian and some western food both at once, it seems that this will be much harder to do with the pantry type set up.

On the other hand lines may be less,.

Sounds like an interesting concept. Would set them apart from other lines. Not sure how it would work - I think lines for some might end up being very long. It will be interesting to see how it is received.

still wandering around other boards and came across this

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=46995551#

I read it and thought yes that sound good...sounds like the food halls you get in some shopping centres here, where the outlets are all around the edge and seating in the middle.

So what do others think?

Cant remember when we first started cruising with P and O UK, but the buffet setup has always been the same.

A couple of hot choices and assorted same for ever salads...

This just seemed to spin this around.

The post comes from P and O Australia, so not due in the UK.

Anthem of the Seas is also exactly like this - it took ages wandering round trying to decide what to eat and them having to go back to get some things. Liked the choice but easily added half an hour to a "quick" lunch!

Edited by Host Sharon

If you want to try it just go on Celebrity Eclipse. Their buffet is exactly this. 8-10 stations all serving a different type of food and it leaves P&O in the shade for choice and quality.

Totally agree - so much choice in the Celebrity buffets. Breakfast is a real treat.

The 'Pantry' is/will be on the P&O Australia ships..Pacific Dawn Pacific Pearl, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Eden, Pacific Aria etc.

As for Celebrity buffets, the one on Solstice overwhelmed me, I got lost. I like P&O UK layout, simple, easy.

Edited by NSWP

The 'Pantry' is/will be on the P&O Australia ships..Pacific Dawn Pacific Pearl, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Eden, Pacific Aria etc.

As for Celebrity buffets, the one on Solstice overwhelmed me, I got lost. I like P&O UK layout, simple, easy.

Am I allowed to say for simple read boring.

I think that is what appealed to me when I read about the pantry, didn't sound boring at all.