Is the bottled water in stateroom complimentary?

Wren3

Oh I certainly hope so since the only water fountain/dispensers I've ever seen are up in the spa area and in Terrace Cafe -but the food service staff prefer to bring it to your table for sanitary reasons. Oh, and there is bottled water in both concierge and executive lounge coolers on O ships and always on your cabin cabinet tops.

Yes water in all forms is included in your fare payment. So not entirely free but it is readily available sans extra cost.

JMBobB

Leaving today for Miami!

Since we have the all day alcoholic beverage package, does that mean we can "help ourselves" to the alcohol inside the stateroom fridge, or so we still need to call room service if we prefer a drink in the room? Or we could go get one ourselves from a bar. We are not interested in bringing onboard our own liquor. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

Complimentary meaning FREE, Gratis, for nix.

Complementary when passing on a complement .

They are spelled the same and it was an excellent pun:

complimentary

[kom-pluh-men-tuh-ree, -tree]

Spell Syllables

Synonyms Examples Word Origin

adjective

of the nature of, conveying, or expressing a compliment, often one that is politely flattering:

a complimentary remark.

given free as a gift or courtesy:

a complimentary ticket.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/complimentary?s=t

Complementary:complementary

/ˌkɒmplɪˈmɛntərɪ; -trɪ/

adjective

acting as or forming a complement; completing

forming a satisfactory or balanced whole

forming a mathematical complement: sine and cosine are complementary functions

As an old English teacher, I appreciated the lighthearted comment and did not feel it needed correction.

Sincerely,

Old English Crank

Leaving today for Miami!

Since we have the all day alcoholic beverage package, does that mean we can "help ourselves" to the alcohol inside the stateroom fridge, or so we still need to call room service if we prefer a drink in the room? Or we could go get one ourselves from a bar. We are not interested in bringing onboard our own liquor. ;)

There is no liquor in the mini fridge

On our Marina cruise last month, I also noticed that there was a fridge with bottles of water in the laundry room. Hadn't noticed that on our prior O cruises, although maybe they were there also. Nice touch.

They were there in 2014 on our Riveira cruise

also on the walking track they had a bucket of water bottles for the walkers to partake as they walked

Leaving today for Miami!

You currently get 2 large ltrs of water....however the ships water is perfect too.

And....in your fridge there are only soft drinks... no booze unless your in a top suite, and its 6 full bottles ( ltrs) you choice....

Go up to the bar much faster than room service and order tripples, no mixer and then make your own drink

Is the bottled water and soft drinks in the stateroom cabin complimentary? Thanks.

I can't remember how we request particular soft drinks to be stocked in our refrigerator. And I know somewhere there is a list of available ones. Can someone help us out? I assume I can get diet Sprite.

Availability of soft drinks depends on the departure port although Oceania has a good record of finding what you want.

Your travel agent should put in a request before you sail and the fridge should be stocked. Diet Sprite should not be a problem.

Availability of soft drinks depends on the departure port although Oceania has a good record of finding what you want.

Your travel agent should put in a request before you sail and the fridge should be stocked. Diet Sprite should not be a problem.

I just did. Thank you.

I have not seen a list of sodas you can ask for like on some lines where you can order online in your check in page

We seem to get more of the diet stuff for some reason :eek:

maybe they are trying to tell me something

Feb 2 we finished a fantastic cruise on the Riveria. This was a cruise where for us "everything" came together perfectly !

Re: drinks.

We asked the fellow who made up our room. We asked if he could keep the fridge filled with Sprite Zero, Diet Coke and water. It was filled the entire cruise along with ice in the ice bucket.

When we first started cruising, two large bottles of Evian still water were provided in the cabins and of course, replenished regularly. In recent years, the large bottles of water provided in the cabins have been mineral water. DH doesn't like mineral water so we always request regular bottles of water instead. Our butler (or cabin steward in one case) has been able to replace them BUT they have had to get them from the Concierge Lounge or even the storage area for water bottles that are handed out at the gangway for going ashore.

When we first started cruising, two large bottles of Evian still water were provided in the cabins and of course, replenished regularly. In recent years, the large bottles of water provided in the cabins have been mineral water

What is the difference in the water in the blue bottle in the cabin & the ones you get when exiting the ship??

Not sure I noticed mineral water

I do not care for Evian so never used those bottles in the cabin & there was also a charge in the early years