Live From Enchantment 2/8/16 - 2/12/16

Ander026

Good Morning to all

First off hope everyone on Anthem is ok and glad that you made it thru the massive storm.

I will be doing a Live report from the Enchantment of the Seas this week. We will be leaving later on today. In just a few minutes I will be departing my house and making the hour drive to the port.

Here is what our Itinerary was supposed to be

Mon : Leave PC

Tue: Nassau 1200-0000

Wed: at Sea

Thur: Coco Cay 0800-1700

Now they have made the adjustment to the new schedule

Mon: Leave PC

Tue: at Sea

Wed: Nassau 0700-0000

I will report once I get on the ship.

Sitting here waiting to board as well :)

Welcome aboard. Maybee we will run into each other sometime during the week.

Getting ready to leave the house after breakfast , coffee and making sure my cat is fed. I swear she eats better than I do.

See everyone on board

Also looking forward to your report. We sail next Monday on her for our first cruise ever. Starting to get excited. Awful to read about Anthem and hope everyone was OK. Irritated to read from some news posts/tweets they went through the storm deliberately. I honestly cannot believe that would be the case. Sometimes it seems people love to sensationalise and cause problems. I'm sure the captain was doing everything he could to make as safe a passage as possible.

Good evening everyone.

Well I am now back in my nice Inside Stateroom for the evening.

Today started out with a trip to Exploration Tower. This is a great museum of Port Canaveral. I was hoping to get some pics of Anthem but unfortunately Anthem would not show up as it is heading back up north.

After spending about an hour there, I then went to park at the Terminal. I was Parked to Stateroom in less than 30 minutes. Once in the stateroom I was unpacked in like 15 minutes.

Muster Drill was easy as always. There is report of a possible rough journey later on today.

After the drill I checked out the CL as it is the first time I am able to go. Also come to find out that as Diamond Plus I am able to have FREE Internet for the whole cruise.

Also as Diamond Plus I get BOGO dinner at Chops. As a Single I am able to dine one night for $35 then dine another night for free. Another great perk. I did dine at Chops this evening. I plan on dining there again on Day 4.

Edited by Ander026

Well since we left PC he have been going no more than 8.3 knots. The wind has picked up and currently the Apparent Wind is at 35 knots. I feel a little motion but nothing to bad. The outside of Deck 5 and Deck 10 are closed currently.

I am hoping to get some pics up soon but having trouble getting photos to upload into Photobucket Here are 2 that are uploaded from earlier today.

View of the Disney ship from the tower

IMG_4849_zpslnqlmr9m.jpg

View of Enchantment where I parked my car

IMG_4853_zps5lduibw4.jpg

Well that is all for today.

Edited by Ander026

There was not a cookout this afternoon. It was cool out during sail away.

There seems to be a lot of work going on this time. Looks like they could be installing the Scubbers between the smoke stack and the Solarium roof. Also looks like more satalite stuff getting ready to be installed. Maybe for the VOOM internet.

Here is what our Itinerary was supposed to be

Mon : Leave PC

Tue: Nassau 1200-0000

Wed: at Sea

Now they have made the adjustment to the new schedule

Mon: Leave PC

Tue: at Sea

Wed: Nassau 0700-0000

I was on Enchantment for a 4-night Bahamas cruise in November. At booking time, my itinerary also showed a sea day between Nassau and CocoCay. That never made sense to me (given the short distance between the two). I asked both my TA and RCI about this and they insisted it was correct, according to their best available information.

Closer to the sail date, they revised it to PC->CocoCay->Nassau->Sea Day->PC. That made A LOT more sense to me.

The "measure distance" tool on Google Maps estimates the "straight line" distance between CocoCay and Nassau at around 100 km (62 miles, or 54 nautical miles). You'd have to take an extremely wide detour, or sail at around 2 knots in order for there to be a full sea day in between CocoCay and Nassau...? :confused: (disclaimer, I'm not a cruise or seafaring expert, just trying to do the math)

... Closer to the sail date, they revised it to PC->CocoCay->Nassau->Sea Day->PC. That made A LOT more sense to me...

That's been the 4-day itinerary out of Port Canaveral for Enchantment, Monarch, and Sovereign for years. Don't know why they would change it, unless there's some conflict at one of the ports.

Well since we left PC he have been going no more than 8.3 knots. The wind has picked up and currently the Apparent Wind is at 35 knots. I feel a little motion but nothing to bad. The outside of Deck 5 and Deck 10 are closed currently.

That can't be - the arm chair meteorologists on the Anthem thread said there's no weather in the area.:rolleyes:

Edited by Biker19

That's been the 4-day itinerary out of Port Canaveral for Enchantment, Monarch, and Sovereign for years. Don't know why they would change it, unless there's some conflict at one of the ports.

Right, so it seems to be another one of those "RCI, you've done this before, how could you possibly make such a mistake" type of situations... :rolleyes:

I was on Enchantment last week (Feb 1 sailing) and the port order was

PC>CocoCay>Nassau>Sea day> PC, same as it was in December when I went on her, same as last April when I went on her.

I like the extra long day in Nassau. Not sure why the OP thought it was planned differently, unless it was :-p

I was on Enchantment last week (Feb 1 sailing) and the port order was

PC>CocoCay>Nassau>Sea day> PC, same as it was in December when I went on her, same as last April when I went on her.

I like the extra long day in Nassau. Not sure why the OP thought it was planned differently, unless it was :-p

It was originally planned PC>Nassau>Sea>CocoCay

Good Morning to all. Well I slept well last night. Not to much ship movement last night. I don't think we even topped 8.5 knots.

So far this morning has been good. Had Breakfast and played in the Table Tennis Tournament and got smoked in round 1 11-3.

Now I am up in the Diamond Lounge doing this update.

Conditions today: The seas seem a little rough today. The ship is bouncing a little but not bad. We are moving slowly to Nassau. It is still cool out this morning. Hopefully it will warm up for the pool activities this afternoon.