Lunch on equinox

roseleblanc114

Hi,

This will be our first ever cruise so forgive me if this is stated somewhere. We will be sailing on the equinox January 20, 2018.

We will be on our honeymoon so have decided to book aqua class.

Is the MDR opened everyday for lunch as an a la carte or just the buffet? What about port days?

Thanks kindly

Rose

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

This will be our first ever cruise so forgive me if this is stated somewhere. We will be sailing on the equinox January 20, 2018.

We will be on our honeymoon so have decided to book aqua class.

Is the MDR opened everyday for lunch as an a la carte or just the buffet? What about port days?

Thanks kindly

Rose

The MDR is generally open for lunch on at sea days but closed on port days. On embarkation day it is open for lunch only for passengers in Concierge cabins.

Other luncheon venues, in addition to the buffet in the Oceanview Cafe are the Mast Grill and the Aqua Spa Cafe. For additional fees, Sushi on Five and the Gastrobar (at sea days) are also open for lunch.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

The MDR is generally open for lunch on at sea days but closed on port days. On embarkation day it is open for lunch only for passengers in Concierge cabins.

Other luncheon venues, in addition to the buffet in the Oceanview Cafe are the Mast Grill and the Aqua Spa Cafe. For additional fees, Sushi on Five and the Gastrobar are also open for lunch.

Thanks so much!

We are just off the Equinox, and this ship had the best buffet I've ever seen!! We have been on many ships, prefer Princess for overall ambiance, however the quality and variety on this ship can't be beat. Don't rule out this buffet for lunch.

We are just off the Equinox, and this ship had the best buffet I've ever seen!! We have been on many ships, prefer Princess for overall ambiance, however the quality and variety on this ship can't be beat. Don't rule out this buffet for lunch.

I do love buffets, just wasn't sure if there was anything besides buffets

We used room service for lunch several days on our cruise last year. The menu isn't massive but it is varied and it is so nice to enjoy your balcony...

The buffet is great (love the Indian selection) but can be very busy on sea days... If we are going to go there on sea days we will usually just have coffee and pastries in the room for breakfast then we are hungry enough for an early buffet lunch and have time to get hungry again for dinner...We usually try to keep lunch light (soup and salad) but sometimes the temptation is just too great!!!

IMHO Blu has the best breakfast on the ship.

We always sailed in AQ on Celebrity until recently. The price difference between AQ and a veranda was too great so we decided to try the veranda. Had breakfast in the buffet a few times and then went to the MDR. We felt that the breakfast was just as good and in some ways better because there were more choices. Ended up going there every day after.

We always had a table for two. They came around with the same juices, rolls, coffee, and a server from the bar if you wanted a drink.

We still like AQ but if the price differential is too great I wouldn't hesitate a veranda.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We used room service for lunch several days on our cruise last year. The menu isn't massive but it is varied and it is so nice to enjoy your balcony...

The buffet is great (love the Indian selection) but can be very busy on sea days... If we are going to go there on sea days we will usually just have coffee and pastries in the room for breakfast then we are hungry enough for an early buffet lunch and have time to get hungry again for dinner...We usually try to keep lunch light (soup and salad) but sometimes the temptation is just too great!!!

Never thought about room service. Great option. Thank you!

Don't forget the pool side Mast Grill for hamburgers and hot dogs and Sushi on 5 for Japanese fare.

Not free though....

After a brief experiment with over-priced burgers and hot dogs, the Mast Grill is once again available at no additional charge.

We also use room service for lunch on most sea days. Just enjoy lunch on our balcony. It's pretty good too. Heck, when we come back from an excursion we usually order a little something from room service to hold us over. So we have it at least once if not twice a day.

Last cruise in December was 10 nights and we never ate in the buffet. Not on purpose, just never needed too.

Don't forget the Aqua Spa Café too. Limited menu but very good.

Enjoy your cruise!

We also use room service for lunch on most sea days. Just enjoy lunch on our balcony. It's pretty good too.
That's what we often do too now on sea days, even though the buffet offers many more lunch choices than the room service menu.

It is frustrating when you need to march several times around the entire buffet seating area looking for a couple of vacant seats.

Back when Celebrity used to provide trays at the buffet, we liked to gather our lunch on a tray and take it back to our cabin to enjoy out on the balcony.

But without trays (or growing some extra arms), it is not worth the hassle of needing to make multiple trips dashing back and forth between our balcony and the buffet just to obtain one complete meal.

We have seen so many people try to carry it all in one trip without a tray, making a mess spilling their food and drinks in the elevators and along the hallways.

The embarkation day lunch menu provided in the main dining room for back-to-back passengers, as well as for concierge class and some other categories, is even more limited, offering very few choices.

So even if they have one or two items that we really like, it seems that whenever we eat there we always end up having the rest of our lunch someplace else anyway.