Bring back chocolates on the pillow

jakzak10

I for one would be willing to pay 1 extra dollar on my cruise fare to bring back the nightly chocolates. Carnival, that's 15 cents a night per chocolate, you can still make money.

Let's see what else we can bring back, with a cost factor, and not raise the price of the cruise by more than 10.00 per person.

We didn't think the chocolate was very good, and rarely ate it. Maybe that should be another item on the room service card (morning service, turndown service, ice, chocolate).

I also missed not having chocolates when we returned to the cabin after turndown service.

My DH never ate his but gave them to me. I usually didn't eat mine either but took them home with me. It was fun eating them after returning home.

I'm neutral on having chocolate, but I bet my wife would enjoy having one of Carnival's chocolate chip cookies waiting for her when she got back for the evening.

Spend $5 on a box of chocolate and give them to your room steward to put a piece on

your pillow each evening. This way the cruise line won't increase your fare and you'll save money and have a chocolate before bed. What do you think?

I'm not much of a chocolate eater, but when I have it, I want "good" chocolate. And those things on the bed weren't.

I prefer to pay for things I actually want. And it's not like you can't get enough other things to eat on the ship.

Don't like the cookies from the buffet or room service, either.

And I'm not going to pay for stuff from Cherries on Top. Already eat too much on the ship. No point in paying extra for even more (empty) calories.

• Thanks 1

I for one would be willing to pay 1 extra dollar on my cruise fare to bring back the nightly chocolates. Carnival, that's 15 cents a night per chocolate, you can still make money.

Let's see what else we can bring back, with a cost factor, and not raise the price of the cruise by more than 10.00 per person.

So you still want more calories??????????

• Haha 1

Honestly, Carnival Corporation needs to find ways to keep the prices down, or near stable, and the amount of money Carnival is saving by not having the chocolates is one of the ways they have decided to maintain the bottom line. Also, because of the money they are saving places like Guys on the ships that are getting upgrades are possible. So, with all that said, I am fine with the change.

• Thanks 1

So what do diabetics get because they don't eat sugar items like chocolate? Why should we have to pay extra to have something in our room we can't consume? Princess still delivers the chocolates every night and we tell them no thank you, and we don't have to pay extra for it.

For $3 or less, you can buy a box of Andes chocolate mints, and have multiple servings of a superior chocolate each day.

Let's not see how others would like to spend my money.

• Like 1

The chocolates tasted nasty ! Good riddance.

The ones they had were not good and I have no desire to see them return. It would be nice to have a decent chocolate but I don't miss it. There are some other lines that have good chocolate but I sure as heck don't cruise for the chocolate on my pillow.

Take care,

Mike

I miss the nightly chocolate too. It wasn't that they tasted all that great...they were just average.

It was about the level of pampering. Bed turned down just so, lights on low, chocolate on the pillow. I felt special! It's still nice to have the bed turned down, but the missing chocolate just diminishes it slightly.

I never ate them on the cruise. I usually ate them on the plane ride home to have something other than airplane snack food. As for those that say cutting back on mints was the money saving offset for 2.0 upgrades are crazy. They probably put those small savings towards food on the ship but I've never seen a price drop or stay the same in the cost of a cruise with Carnival after all the cutbacks.

I would assume that the older ships that are paid for are paying for the 2.0 upgrades and the vista class ships not eliminating nightly mints

People are chiming in as to taste, don't eat, calories etc. I miss them because having one on a pillow was such a cool touch.