Pacific Princess - July 2017 photos

cflutist

Thanks for posting the photos!

After comparing our before photos with your after photos the following were changed in the owner's suites:

• Sofa/lounger replaced sofa
  • Carpet was changed
  • Headboard over the bed was changed
  • The Princess beds may have been added although our bed last November was very comfortable.
  • The side chairs and dining chairs may have been recovered.
  • The drapes may have been changed

Otherwise everything in your photos is the same as it was last November. However, there are major changes throughout the rest of the ship.

Many thanks Cheryl. DW and I sail on the Pacific at the end of this week ( Norway and Iceland ) We couldn't go club class as there are no club class HC cabins either full suites or mini ones. We like the club class concept but on the larger ships you are still confronted with the noise of the many happy diners. I guess the Pacific will be altogether better in this respect. Where did all the small ships go to ?

Not that it matters but Club Class Dining chairs had arms while MDR chairs did not.

Club Class is in the MDR. The dry dock was not fully completed due to storms, so it continued at several ports of the Fire & Ice cruise. The MDR chairs were changed in Dover.

Club Class is in the MDR. The dry dock was not fully completed due to storms, so it continued at several ports of the Fire & Ice cruise. The MDR chairs were changed in Dover.

Yes, our CC waiter confirmed that the chairs were new during our embarkation lunch in Dover.

When asked about all of these "puff balls" we saw on the pier, he told us one of his jobs was to remove the

stuffing from the old chairs and bag them for disposal.

20170722174654-ba425ae3-me.jpg.e1535a9605374cd46ea318f6bdad0c12.jpg

Thanks for posting the photos!

After comparing our before photos with your after photos the following were changed in the owner's suites:

• Sofa/lounger replaced sofa
  • Carpet was changed
  • Headboard over the bed was changed
  • The Princess beds may have been added although our bed last November was very comfortable.
  • The side chairs and dining chairs may have been recovered.
  • The drapes may have been changed

Otherwise everything in your photos is the same as it was last November. However, there are major changes throughout the rest of the ship.

I can confirm that we had the new Princess Luxury Beds, took a picture of it.

20170723164946-1519cc99-me.jpg.f6c7e7bb05ae8065b4b940b211ff210c.jpg

The room steward confirmed that the sheers and black out drapes were new. They worked really well when we spent 9 days above the Arctic Circle when the sun didn't set.

20170723164913-94b12bed-me.jpg.d02c9d7d2a049c8973cbe158175f10d1.jpg

20170723164922-3fe1dce8-me.jpg.ea9ba0c0af2a94c24eccc0e0618c5bef.jpg

The Hotel Manger paid us a visit because we were originally missing a chair at the desk. He said that the chairs

were all recovered.

A mixture of new and old furniture in the library, but new carpet?

[ATTACH]409107[/ATTACH]

More loungers around the pool

[ATTACH]409108[/ATTACH]

I think those red chairs have been around it was an R4 ship!

Thanks for posting the photos. We were also on that cruise and I was curious about what the Owner's Suites looked like after the dry dock, having sailed in one a couple years ago. I'm glad to see that the lighter colors and "feel" extended to the suites, and the fully upholstered pieces appear new. I'm told that the same old tub with very high sides and Jacuzzi controls on the outside rim wasn't and won't be changed -- a shame, unless you're quite agile and the seas quite calm.