Can I get a price adjustment on a wait listed cabin?

stipmom

No! I recently tried and even with a good TA it won't happen. I was told one could only cancel their current reservation and rebook under the new pricing. However, on my cabin category PH3 there was about 10 on the waitlist. If I cancelled, O would notify the next on the waitlist of availability.

Now the larger question, which I truly don't understand. That cruise shows every PH and above as booked and waitlisted. O did a price decrease across the board for all level of cabins including those waitlisted. Why? Just for promotional purposes? None of we could actually get the lower price. For my Penthouse the price dropped $1K per person with the new pricing, but it was fake pricing for us! Why didn't they just drop the pricing for all the unbooked categories? They could have just as well dropped the pricing $5K each, because none of us could take advantage of that pricing. I understand that if one is waitlisted, they too are waitlisted at the price at which they waitlisted not at the lower pricing. Smoke and mirrors by Oceania. :rolleyes: :mad:

I am obviously not understanding this correctly.

My understanding is that one has to pay the rate when one clears the waitlist not as it was when originally added to the waitlist. Also the same with amenities.

Appreciate clarification if I am incorrect.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

I am obviously not understanding this correctly.

My understanding is that one has to pay the rate when one clears the waitlist not as it was when originally added to the waitlist. Also the same with amenities.

Appreciate clarification if I am incorrect.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

You are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dan;

Oceania has cut back significantly on the cruise and/or cabin classes on certain cruises for which they will now sell guarantees. No longer like the old days when one could bypass the waitlist and do a guarantee anymore. Oceania found themselves getting killed to often. :eek:

I'm booked on a cruise for next summer, quickly approaching payment due date, and that is close to filled with waitlists and O never sold/accepted a guarantee for anywhere on the ship. Times are achangin!

Dan;

Oceania has cut back significantly on the cruise and/or cabin classes on certain cruises for which they will now sell guarantees. No longer like the old days when one could bypass the waitlist and do a guarantee anymore. Oceania found themselves getting killed to often. :eek:

I'm booked on a cruise for next summer, quickly approaching payment due date, and that is close to filled with waitlists and O never sold/accepted a guarantee for anywhere on the ship. Times are achangin!

Dan;

While its tough on the bargain hunting , there are still some opportunity's to get Guarantees.... Though I agree they, along with up-sells are becoming more and more rare. Its good business for O..

On the other hand I hear from agents that down sells and cross over offers are actually on the rise.. I have no hard evidence other than what I hear and my recent experiences. Not to question O's business plan but thats the way it looks.... I still look for the cruise with a guarantee that goes somewhere in the general direction of some place that might interest me; I keep flexable as to whats offered. Understand, that for me, that just floating around on the ship is enough and ports are gravy.