Wi Fi on Regatta

scdreamer

We will be on a 23-day voyage on Regatta, in a PH cabin. I saw that Oceania is upping the free wi fi in various cabin levels, but I'm not sure what the current offer is. We are not taking part in any O-Life promotions.

Does anyone know what the wifi in the Caribbean is like? Slow? Spotty? Perfect? (Lol)

It is unclear if that deal is still in effect on O website

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/suites-staterooms/penthouse-suite/

I would check with Oceania or your TA to be sure

If you do get the 500 min then once you use that up you will pay for anything over either by the minute or get a package

We found it fine for most places... sometimes in port it was spotty

There is usually a cheap or free WiFi place in most ports if you need to save your minutes

Be sure to log off when you are done or the minutes keep on ticking away ;)

I usually log on then open a new tab in the browser so I can leave the window open to log off from

Found this in the T & C's but so many of them it is hard to say if this applies to your sailing or not

FREE INTERNET

*Standard terms apply, in addition: Free Internet is one per stateroom and applies to Concierge Level Staterooms and higher. Concierge Level Staterooms and Penthouse Suites receive between 200 and 500 minutes of usage, or equivalent data amount, depending on length of voyage. Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites receive unlimited usage. Visit OceaniaCruises.com/Internet for more details. Not all promotions are combinable.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

Edited by LHT28

Do we get 500 free minutes of wifi, as we are in a PH category for 23 days? I found that info on an independent cruise website, but do not see it on Oceania's website under "My Account."

Check your Oceania Invoice. Your internet benefit would be on page 3 under promotional amenities. They never list this on your account on the web site.

Edited by PaulMCO

Thanks for the info - called our TA, and found out we don't get the internet promotion. Oh well, we can always follow the crew members to the best signal portside wherever we happen to be. :cool:

Edited by scdreamer
typo

Thanks for the info - called our TA, and found out we don't get the internet promotion. Oh well, we can always follow the crew members to the best signal portside wherever we happen to be. :cool:

Depends on how much you use it

We usually buy the 200 min package which works for us if we do not get the free deal

I just use it to check emails from the house sitter etc..

Even with the free deal we did not use it much in 3 weeks of cruising

Unless you bought this cruise quite some time ago, they all now have O Life (at least in US sales) which includes one unlimited internet account.

Unless you bought this cruise quite some time ago, they all now have O Life (at least in US sales) which includes one unlimited internet account.

Can you not opt for "cruise only" fare without O Life or do they all still include free internet even without O Life?

Edited by Paulchili

Didn't buy it that long ago, but our TA had a very deeply discounted fare, which is "bare bones." No promotional options.

[cenNTER]

[/center]

They said they were not taking the O LIFE benefits .... so no free internet

Edited by LHT28

Am on Regatta now in a Concierge. Deck 7

We are moving so it cuts in and out. So far both ports we have been in have had free wifi and you will find crew in the tents with their electronics.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you not opt for "cruise only" fare without O Life or do they all still include free internet even without O Life?

We just priced a "cruise only fare" and could not have internet without taking 'O' life. So we settled for OBC, internet and no air.

Crew NEVER gets free Internet. I noted at "sailor of the month" presentations they got 15 minutes of Internet as part of the award.

Not sure how that came up. What I meant was that the crew always knows the best places in port (off the ship) to find free and reliable wifi.