Will our luggage fit under the bed

Jaydale

We use Kipling Duffle size luggage.

I'm just concerned about lack of room in the cabins & reading posts people say they put the bags under their beds.

I suspect ours won't be easily stored. Would we be better getting suitcase luggage that is flatter?

We are booked on Celebrity Eclipse 1C category.

Unless it's a "steamer trunk", it will fit under the bed...either leave it open, and slide it under, or lift the bed frame...and slide it under. It WILL fit!

The OP referenced a specific type of luggage, of which they have concerns for it compressing to fit. We have been on ships where the bed was lower than others and not all of ours fit well. So your "steamer trunk" reference is not correct.

It is important to understand that the beds on cruise ships don't have box springs, so basically, the mattress sits upon the frame. The bed is raised up fairly high off the floor so that my 31in x 22.8in x14.1in spinner luggage fits closed underneath easily. If your duffle luggage is taller and does not collapse down when empty, then, you might need something else. An alternative would be to store your luggage in the closet - which is possible on some ships in some cabins, but not in others. You might want to check out a tour of your cabin type on your ship on Youtube to see if that would be a possibility. I had the case I described with me on Celebrity Eclipse in a Family Verandah cabin (same bed as 1c) and it fit easily under the bed. Hopefully this information on dimensions will be helpful to you.

The OP referenced a specific type of luggage, of which they have concerns for it compressing to fit. We have been on ships where the bed was lower than others and not all of ours fit well. So your "steamer trunk" reference is not correct.

Totally agree. Some a standard checked bag is tight..but fits. Others, a standard checked bag fits comfortably.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would fit. You don't want anything hard. Ideally something that can be squeezed down if needed like a duffle or standard sansonite luggage. When you go into your room you won't know the lay of the land like how wide the closet is for your luggage or how tall the bed is off the floor. Sometimes they store a lot of things under bed too. We use two 30" samsonites and a 22" samsonite. We can usually fit all 3 in the closet and that's a inside princess stateroom. Under the bed we can always fit at least one suitcase. Sometimes two if they keep all the fold down bed supplies either on the bed when folded up or in a corner under a twin bed.