NCL laundry prices & turn around time

tvguy72

Does anyone have first hand experience with NCL's laundry service?

Looking for the following info.

1) What is the turn around time for regular laundry (not dry cleaning)

2) Anyone have a copy of the price list?

We will be on the BA in 2 weeks, want to pack light.

Found the prices to be a little high...but fair.

Beats paying a extra fee for over weight bag! The laundry on the POAm was in by 9am, and returned by 6pm the next day.

They did not do any dry cleaning at all.

You can request 3 levels of starch is needed, and folded or on a hanger.

I have had laundry done on NCL ships about 15 or so times, and only had one issue, they lost a T-Shirt once, the asked for a day to find it, when they did not they gave us the full price of one to replace it.

NCL usually runs a promo stuff a bag for $25 free for Platinum memebers and 25% off for Gold.

Laundry service is very good and gets your whites extremely white.

We use the service on every cruise and just recently on the Pearl 5 day. But I didn't see the offer so I'm not sure if its offered for 5 days or less. In any event laundry was back next sometime between 6 & 9 pm.

Thank you for the info. We are driving to the port, so those extortionist fees charged by the airlines do not apply. However, we are a family of 4, we are traveling with friends also a family of 4.

So, space in the car is already at a premium...

• 3 weeks later...

I have read conflicting reports about NCL's laundry bag process...some say the clothing is only washed and folded ...no ironing...... also others have commented that if you want your clothing ironed you have to pay for individual pieces.

Could you please clarify....will laundry sent out by-the-bag come back ironed exactly like it would on the pay by piece way?

thanks, we will be cruising for 15 days on the Pearl and will need to have laundry done.

I have read conflicting reports about NCL's laundry bag process...some say the clothing is only washed and folded ...no ironing...... also others have commented that if you want your clothing ironed you have to pay for individual pieces.

Could you please clarify....will laundry sent out by-the-bag come back ironed exactly like it would on the pay by piece way?

thanks, we will be cruising for 15 days on the Pearl and will need to have laundry done.

No, this is a wash and fold service only.

If you need your clothes ironed, as well, you'd be better off either

1. ask for an iron and board and do it yourself or

2. pay to have pieces done individually.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Just a note here: I've used this service twice and had no problems with my clothes being returned in good condition, however, I take the time to list the pieces and also do NOT include anything I can wash by hand, no delicates at all.

No, this is a wash and fold service only.

If you need your clothes ironed, as well, you'd be better off either

1. ask for an iron and board and do it yourself or

2. pay to have pieces done individually.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Just a note here: I've used this service twice and had no problems with my clothes being returned in good condition, however, I take the time to list the pieces and also do NOT include anything I can wash by hand, no delicates at all.

Thanks for responding. so quickly...guess I am spoiled by HAL's laundry service and on NCL will have to send some items out in the bag and others individually....one thing for sure ...I am not ironing on my vacation !!!!!

Thanks for responding. so quickly...guess I am spoiled by HAL's laundry service and on NCL will have to send some items out in the bag and others individually....one thing for sure ...I am not ironing on my vacation !!!!!

LOL, no worries, I totally understand that. But remember too, this is NCL not HAL and it is much more relaxed. We're on vacation, no formal dress for dinner no worries about a few wrinkles, no pressure to be "on time" for dinner, relax you need a vacation, take it.

Enjoy your vacation/cruise. :D

We used the laundry bag special on our last NCL cruise, and thought it was a great deal. You can get a lot into the bag if you roll the clothes tightly. We had 100% cotton men's shirts in the bag, and they came back just fine. They were folded, but no major wrinkles... definitely wearable.

Someone mentioned about listing all the pieces. That is a requirement, not an option. You'll need to count the individual pieces (shorts, socks, shirts, etc.) and tally them on the laundry slip.

edit: forgot to mention that they picked it up one day, and it was returned the following afternoon

Edited by RJ2002

We had laundry done a couple of times on our most recent NCL cruise. Twice, it was returned folded. Once, most of it was on hangers. Not pressed but hanging and very few, if any, wrinkles.

All 3 times, it was the Platinum offer, so no charge.

No problems with missing items or strange stains this time. :)

Attended the Q&A session recently on the Jewell about laundry services. I learned that your bag of laundry, regardless of colors are washed together in a laundry bag marked with your cabin #. Just for info- whites wash with black, etc. Previous poster stated whites came back real white- well ours did not and above explains this. We are platinum, in the future we will use one free bag for whites and one free bag for colors.

Attended the Q&A session recently on the Jewell about laundry services. I learned that your bag of laundry, regardless of colors are washed together in a laundry bag marked with your cabin #. Just for info- whites wash with black, etc. Previous poster stated whites came back real white- well ours did not and above explains this. We are platinum, in the future we will use one free bag for whites and one free bag for colors.

Wow, I have not heard this before. I wonder if other cruise lines follow this practice? I know on HAL, our clothes would all come back with a little laundry tag on each piece, which suggested to me that items were sorted for washing.

I guess we were lucky on our cruise this year on the Star. Everything come back just fine.

We used the $25 bag special on the Epic and were happy. We were able to get lots in the bag, everything was returned in good shape and we headed home with most of our clothing clean.

Plan to do it again in February.

As I recall, everything came back folded.

• 1 year later...
We used the $25 bag special on the Epic and were happy. We were able to get lots in the bag, everything was returned in good shape and we headed home with most of our clothing clean.

Plan to do it again in February.

As I recall, everything came back folded.

We are a family of 4. Is it one bag per stateroom or one bag per person?

It is not ironed as in ironed by hand but is evidently pressed by some kind of machine since shirts and slacks look nicely pressed and are on hangers.

My husband wears white V-neck tshirts as undershirts and those all came back looking pressed and were on hangers. :)

Does anyone have first hand experience with NCL's laundry service?

Looking for the following info.

1) What is the turn around time for regular laundry (not dry cleaning)

2) Anyone have a copy of the price list?

We will be on the BA in 2 weeks, want to pack light.

The per-piece laundry price is pretty steep (see below). Standard laundry is second day service. Premium charge for same day service.

Mid-cruise, there will be a special for a bag for about $25 (discounts for Gold and Platinum Latitudes members).

Per Piece Prices (i.e. not the 1 bag special)

Undergarments $1.95

Socks (pair) $1.95

Pajamas (2 piece) $4.95

Nightgown $4.95

Bathrobe $4.95

Shorts $4.95

Jeans $5.95

Pants/Slacks $5.95

Skirts $5.95

Dress $7.95

T-shirt/Polo Shirt $4.95

Dress/Casual Shirt $5.95

Sweatshirt/Knit Top $4.95

Formal Shirt/Blouse $5.95

Bathing Suit $2.95

Express Service (in by 9 am return same day by 6 pm) 50% premium

FYI, on the "special" (which was only $20 on the Dawn I just sailed), the clothes don't come out all that clean.

They don't smell clean, and they don't look very clean.

They have the appearance of having been overstuffed in a washer without enough detergent or water - which is probably what actually happened.

Think about how much they have to wash when everyone is responding at once to the special, and you'll figure it out.

I have observed this on all 3 of my NCL cruises.

Edited by pokerpro5

FYI, on the "special" (which was only $20 on the Dawn I just sailed), the clothes don't come out all that clean.

They don't smell clean, and they don't look very clean.

They have the appearance of having been overstuffed in a washer without enough detergent or water - which is probably what actually happened.

Think about how much they have to wash when everyone is responding at once to the special, and you'll figure it out.

I have observed this on all 3 of my NCL cruises.

I have not observed that on any of about 10 of my NCL cruises where I've used the laundry special. Our clothes have been spotless and fresh everytime.

Edited by Demonyte

I have not observed that on any of about 10 of my NCL cruises where I've used the laundry special. Our clothes have been spotless and fresh everytime.

Try smelling them and you will notice they don't smell completely clean. The time on the Jewel was the worst for me, to where they actually smelled like they were just soaked and nothing else!

Both my wife and I observed that the clothes weren't that clean on all 3 of our cruises, as have other posters out here.

Not sure what to say about your post.

We send out at least one and sometimes two bags per cruise. They certainly come back sparkling white!! As good or better than I can ever get at home and the pressing is excellent. Our experience is mostly with Spirit, Star, Jewel and Dawn. Maybe different on another ship?