Confirming no beverage card discount onboard Zaandam

HALFans

We're onboard, sailing away 1/2 hour late. Just a quick note feom my cell phone to let you you all know that there is no longer any discount on the beverage cards when purchased on board.

The bartender in the Ocean Bar said there was a meeting this morning on it.

If you have a cruise scheduled and still have the opportunity to purchase in advance at a discount you might want to do it. :D

Thanks very much - I guess i better order one for our cruise next week:eek: I wasn't going to bother until we got on board - but it sounds like it would be a good idea:D

Jacqui, I'm wondering why HAL is offering the discount for the beverage cards online & discontinuing the discount for the cards purchased onboard? :(

Jacqui, I'm wondering why HAL is offering the discount for the beverage cards online & discontinuing the discount for the cards purchased onboard? :(

don't know - the op's post is very general - but I'm heeding the warning. When I am onboard next week, I will check out of curiosity and report on my live thread:)

Just checked HAL's web site all beverage cards are listed at full price no discount. One more way for HAL to improve the bottom line.

Bummer - too late to order for my cruise next week. Thank heavens I ordered cards for our Prinsendam cruise already:)

The soda cards are still discounted though - good for the soda drinkers

Would have been nice if HAL had given booked cruisers some notice - guess that would have been asking too much!

Bummer - too late to order for my cruise next week. Thank heavens I ordered cards for our Prinsendam cruise already:)

The soda cards are still discounted though - good for the soda drinkers

Would have been nice if HAL had given booked cruisers some notice - guess that would have been asking too much!

Just checked for our cruise in December and the 250 card is 225 and 100 card is still 95. It may be dependent when the cruise is

Just checked for our cruise in December and the 250 card is 225 and 100 card is still 95. It may be dependent when the cruise is

If you went to the HAL site from a bookmark, you should refresh the page to make sure you have the latest version. HAL updated the website last night and our cruise in February also only has a discount for the soda only card. I would think it has gone system wide with last night's update.

If you went to the HAL site from a bookmark, you should refresh the page to make sure you have the latest version. HAL updated the website last night and our cruise in February also only has a discount for the soda only card. I would think it has gone system wide with last night's update.

I just checked my Prinsendam cruise for next May and the discounts are still in place:confused::confused: Maybe if you buy early enough they are still allowed??

I think I will go and snatch another one to be on the safe side:) 31 days is a long time:rolleyes:

I just checked my Prinsendam cruise for next May and the discounts are still in place:confused::confused: Maybe if you buy early enough they are still allowed??

I think I will go and snatch another one to be on the safe side:) 31 days is a long time:rolleyes:

Makes for great confusion for passengers, much like charge or no charge for Canneletto!

Well it only charged me $225 for the 250.00 card - so will take it :D

I just checked my next cruises on Eurodam in April and Ryndam in August and all beverage cards are listed at full price.:(

Boy makes no sense at all:confused: I wonder if they just haven't gotten all the cruises done yet:confused: This is really weird. I did as the question on the HAL FB page - but I doubt I will get an answer:rolleyes:

Our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in February is also showing full price for all the cards (except soda card).

With all these prices going up, do you think the Wine Packages will go up in price as well?

If I purchase one online, will I still be able to get a 25% 3*mariner discount once we board? I was going to wait until we were in the diningroom the first night, but not so sure at this point.

Our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in February is also showing full price for all the cards (except soda card).

With all these prices going up, do you think the Wine Packages will go up in price as well?

If I purchase one online, will I still be able to get a 25% 3*mariner discount once we board? I was going to wait until we were in the diningroom the first night, but not so sure at this point.

NO answer to your question - who knows?? But yes, if you order on line now you will get your discount on board - just make sure you check your on board account. It's been automatic on a couple of cruises but there have been others where I have always had to follow up;) In any case, we have received our discounts either way:)

The price was changed online yesterday for our December 15th cruise on the Eurodam. I was planning on purchasing the card when we got on board--wish I had purchased it sooner. :(

Golly it sure seems as if Hal is nickle and dimeing us as we were charged for WATER in mdr at embarkation lunch and never were told that carafe of water wasn't free as the ice water was.... They sure pushed it on you...:mad::mad::mad:

Archived