Confirming no beverage card discount onboard Zaandam

HALFans

I just checked the beverage card prices for my 12/10 cruise on the Zuiderdam. The discount is still in place, so I will get them now in case they go up later. I wonder if he varied prices are intentional or just a computer glitch? Maybe someone should call ship services on Monday and check on this.

I just checked the beverage card prices for my 12/10 cruise on the Zuiderdam. The discount is still in place, so I will get them now in case they go up later. I wonder if he varied prices are intentional or just a computer glitch? Maybe someone should call ship services on Monday and check on this.

good point - but HalFans made it pretty clear - in any case I will volunteer to call and report back. I do like the cards as it saves some 'accounting' on board but I also like the discount and IMO if you book far enough in advance - they have your money - there should be a discount- JMVHO though and what do I know?;)

On Ryndam 12/30, prices are no longer discounted.

On Prinsendam 5/17/13, prices are still discounted.

:confused::confused::confused:

If you want one - get it now Rich _ I got a BAAAAAAAAAAAD feeling - 31 days is a long time - why not get a smidge of a discount

Now I am wondering if they are offering them on longer cruises and not the shorter ones:confused:

who knows - get it while you can - I certainly grabbed up another one - if we do not use it - it is just more obc - somehow though, I suspect they will be gone:eek:

If you want one - get it now Rich _ I got a BAAAAAAAAAAAD feeling - 31 days is a long time - why not get a smidge of a discount

Now I am wondering if they are offering them on longer cruises and not the shorter ones:confused:

who knows - get it while you can - I certainly grabbed up another one - if we do not use it - it is just more obc - somehow though, I suspect they will be gone:eek:

Already done.... :)

Under the "terms and conditions' on the beverage gift cards (at least on the non-alcholic cards) it states that Mariner discount benefits will not apply.

I assume this means that if you are an eligible Mariner and purchase a beverage card you will not receive your precentage discount for any speciality coffees.

Why then would you buy one?

Under the "terms and conditions' on the beverage gift cards (at least on the non-alcholic cards) it states that Mariner discount benefits will not apply.

I assume this means that if you are an eligible Mariner and purchase a beverage card you will not receive your precentage discount for any speciality coffees.

Makes no sense on the non-discounted ones. If you are giving a gift to someone else... maybe.

Now we know how they are paying for the extraordinary dividend at end of the year! :rolleyes:

I buy it for the drinks, etc. and yes, I am a 4*mariner - you just need to know when to use it and not to:D More importantly, my shipboard account bill gets pretty long - this saves a lot of accounting and keeping track of stuff for us. We don`t use it for Explorations - use it for drinks at bingo (MOI:eek:), drinks in the Crow`s Nest (nosotros) and liquors at the table (nostros) . Lots of use for them - I still use my Mariner discounts for wine packages, explorations, etc. Unfortunately, I still have lots of use for the card;):D

I spoke to Ship Services very recently and asked about the Mariner Discount when using the beverage card and was told to check with the Front Desk when we board next month and not to buy one on line.

It was suggested that perhaps the appropriate mariner discount would be taken off the purchase price for the gift card rather than off the price for each drink ordered but that only the Front Desk could do this.

Not sure how reliable this advice is but I did not buy a beverage card and now perhaps I should have as the on line purchase discount is gone as well. Definitely not a win, win situation for me!

I buy it for the drinks, etc. and yes, I am a 4*mariner - you just need to know when to use it and not to:D More importantly, my shipboard account bill gets pretty long - this saves a lot of accounting and keeping track of stuff for us. We don`t use it for Explorations - use it for drinks at bingo (MOI:eek:), drinks in the Crow`s Nest (nosotros) and liquors at the table (nostros) . Lots of use for them - I still use my Mariner discounts for wine packages, explorations, etc. Unfortunately, I still have lots of use for the card;):D

Yes i do the same, glad i bought some today when i still could might be different tomorrow

Zaandam April 2013 - no discount

Zuiderdam May 2013 - cards still discounted.

I bought two $100 beverage cards, one for each Zuiderdam cruise. Both email confirmations show I paid $95 for each card.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up. I was going to wait and buy them onboard the ship. :eek:

Bummer - too late to order for my cruise next week. Thank heavens I ordered cards for our Prinsendam cruise already:)

The soda cards are still discounted though - good for the soda drinkers

Would have been nice if HAL had given booked cruisers some notice - guess that would have been asking too much!

I agree -- very inconsiderate of HAL!!

What cruise are you on next week?

I don't see it in your signature.

I spoke to Ship Services very recently and asked about the Mariner Discount when using the beverage card and was told to check with the Front Desk when we board next month and not to buy one on line.

It was suggested that perhaps the appropriate mariner discount would be taken off the purchase price for the gift card rather than off the price for each drink ordered but that only the Front Desk could do this.

Not sure how reliable this advice is but I did not buy a beverage card and now perhaps I should have as the on line purchase discount is gone as well. Definitely not a win, win situation for me!

Not quite sure what you have been told.

But as a 4 Star Mariner -- we have not getten anything off any alcoholic drinks that we order.

3 and 4 Star Mariners do get a 25% and 50% off the wine packages.

Not quite sure what you have been told.

But as a 4 Star Mariner -- we have not getten anything off any alcoholic drinks that we order.

3 and 4 Star Mariners do get a 25% and 50% off the wine packages.

Sorry I was not clear.

I was told that as a 3* mariner I "might" get 25% off the purchase price of a $100 non alcoholic beverage card but only if purchased on board. Otherwise if bought on line we pay full price for the card and receive no mariner discount for usage. There was some hesitancy here so I assume the Ship Service representative was not too sure of the program changes.

2 years ago whenever we used one, the 25% discount came off each purchase. Now under the beverage plan this does not happen nor is there an on line purchase discount.

Sorry I was not clear.

I was told that as a 3* mariner I "might" get 25% off the purchase price of a $100 non alcoholic beverage card but only if purchased on board. Otherwise if bought on line we pay full price for the card and receive no mariner discount for usage. There was some hesitancy here so I assume the Ship Service representative was not too sure of the program changes.

2 years ago whenever we used one, the 25% discount came off each purchase.

Now under the beverage plan this does not happen nor is there an on line purchase discount.

We used to be long time cruisers on HAL until this year -- but never have we had any kind of discounts on any cocktails. And we used to cruise at least 65 days a year on HAL.

We used to be long time cruisers on HAL until this year -- but never have we had any kind of discounts on any cocktails. And we used to cruise at least 65 days a year on HAL.

We never had a gift card for cocktails only speciality coffees etc. I have no idea about discounts for cocktails but do know our 3 X daily lattes or cappuccinos received a Mariner discount in the Exploration Cafe on the Westerdam, Oosterdam, and Nieuw Amsterdam.

...... of course when the S class ships first came out expresso/ cappuccino was always free to everyone albeit the location by the Wang (sp?) theater was a tiny cramped area and no delicious pastries were offered only cookies ....(but they were good!)

We're onboard, sailing away 1/2 hour late. Just a quick note feom my cell phone to let you you all know that there is no longer any discount on the beverage cards when purchased on board.

The bartender in the Ocean Bar said there was a meeting this morning on it.

If you have a cruise scheduled and still have the opportunity to purchase in advance at a discount you might want to do it. :D

Thanks for the heads up but it's already too late. Can't even get the discount on line yet I was able to do so for a cruise on the Zuiderdam one month later. Wonder why the difference. Any further information would be greatly appreciated. :mad: Enjoy your cruise to Hawaii & back. I really loved the Zaandam but not too sure now. This really stinks. :o

Sorry I was not clear.

2 years ago whenever we used one, the 25% discount came off each purchase. Now under the beverage plan this does not happen nor is there an on line purchase discount.

I never heard about this before - wish I have known - of course we are only 4* so I guess we didn't rate being informed7

I don't have an issue - I just wish HAL would tell us what is going on - if I know I can deal with it - I just don't like surprises

Just checked the discounts for my June 2013 Alaska Cruise. All discounts still available as follows:

$250 Beverage Card for $225

$100 Beverage card for $95

$50 Beverage card for $50

$50 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card for $50

$50 Soda Card for $25

Nothing changed yet for my cruise.

I never heard about this before - wish I have known - of course we are only 4* so I guess we didn't rate being informed7

I don't have an issue - I just wish HAL would tell us what is going on - if I know I can deal with it - I just don't like surprises

I really do not have a lot of faith in what I was told by Ships Services and will just roll with the punches. I think the representative was so unsure of the new changes that she just wanted to boot my questions and concerns to someone else.

I am sure there is no such 25% Mariner discount for the on- board purchase of a beverage card after all they are making cuts everywhere but I will definitely ask at the Front Desk when we board in 4 weeks.

I definitely agree with you, unpleasant surprises are not what you hope for when planing a cruise. Fingers crossed that they will still allow one to bring on board personal beverages. I fear that is the next to go!

Just checked the discounts for my June 2013 Alaska Cruise. All discounts still available as follows:

$250 Beverage Card for $225

$100 Beverage card for $95

$50 Beverage card for $50

$50 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card for $50

$50 Soda Card for $25

Nothing changed yet for my cruise.

Better grab it what you want before it's gone Glen;)

No one knows how this is working yet = it's a real mystery for sure. glad it's still available for you:)

Archived