MSC Club downgrading all its members and removing many perks

sebastienbo

According to this article whatever status you have achieved on another cruise line it will be matched on MSC.

http://cruiseradio.net/msc-launches-new-loyalty-program-matches-competitors/

Seems a bit crazy to me.

I'm not liking that concept at all!!!!:mad: I can accept the fact that MSC is trying to attract customers from competing lines,,,but for those of us who have sailed MSC exclusively to get to the levels we're at, it ruffles my feathers a little to know that a Platinum member from Carnival can get instant Gold Level without having sailed MSC once!!! I hope and pray that there are some minimum sailings aboard MSC before issuing an MSC loyalty membership to loyalty club members of other cruise lines!!!:mad::mad::mad::

So MSC has downgraded the benefits for its existing customers and they are offering benefits to people that have never sailed on their ships. Doesn't sound like much of a loyalty club to me.

Mike I am with you our goal was to achieve black status but with this program the goal is unobtainable for us!

I have come to accept the changes to certain benefits under the new Voyagers Club. I have come to accept that priority boarding and disembarkation are now the benefits of Black Level that I have to look forward to,,,but I can't accept the fact that someone from a competing cruise line,,who has never sailed MSC before, can simply flash their Platinum or Diamond,,or whatever card,and instantly have a higher level status than myself. Where is the loyalty for those of us who have sailed only MSC??? Sorry,,but this just rubs me the wrong way!!:mad:

I have come to accept the changes to certain benefits under the new Voyagers Club. I have come to accept that priority boarding and disembarkation are now the benefits of Black Level that I have to look forward to,,,but I can't accept the fact that someone from a competing cruise line,,who has never sailed MSC before, can simply flash their Platinum or Diamond,,or whatever card,and instantly have a higher level status than myself. Where is the loyalty for those of us who have sailed only MSC??? Sorry,,but this just rubs me the wrong way!!:mad:

Agree :mad:

The MSC Dis-Loyalty Club .... :mad:

How stupid are these people?

I just don't understand this at all Sidari!!! We sail MSC because we love the onboard product and we feel we get great value for our money. Loyalty Clubs are never a deciding factor for us when it's time to get away,,,but there's just something about offering Gold tier memberships to people who have never set foot onboard an MSC ship that is very upsetting,,not only to me,,but for all of us who have sailed MSC exclusively and have earned our status in their loyalty club.

While Loyalty rewards are nice, they ultimately have no effect on who I decide to cruise with,

I can understand people being upset , but are you really leaving a product you love , or are you leaving a product you have tolerated because of the bonuses you have been getting. I find MSC to be an incredible value, and if in the process I recieve some sort of discount or extra, yeah for me , if not I will continue to sail with them.

I just don't understand this at all Sidari!!! We sail MSC because we love the onboard product and we feel we get great value for our money. Loyalty Clubs are never a deciding factor for us when it's time to get away,,,but there's just something about offering Gold tier memberships to people who have never set foot onboard an MSC ship that is very upsetting,,not only to me,,but for all of us who have sailed MSC exclusively and have earned our status in their loyalty club.

Sorry you love the product and the value so why are you upset? Sorry I just don't get it.

Annie

Sorry you love the product and the value so why are you upset? Sorry I just don't get it.

Annie

Annie,,I'm upset for people like Bea, Amo,Skier,and the rest of the MSC faithful who have sailed MSC for years and years to reach their Black Level status.

I'm not liking that concept at all!!!!:mad: I can accept the fact that MSC is trying to attract customers from competing lines,,,but for those of us who have sailed MSC exclusively to get to the levels we're at, it ruffles my feathers a little to know that a Platinum member from Carnival can get instant Gold Level without having sailed MSC once!!! I hope and pray that there are some minimum sailings aboard MSC before issuing an MSC loyalty membership to loyalty club members of other cruise lines!!!:mad::mad::mad::

Just when I was getting used to (if not happy) about the loss of perks, they come along with this now!

Steel cruising I like the onboard experience a lot. It is not as good as it used to be but that's life. I didn't just tolerate them for the perks. However the 20% discount I'd earned by spending well in excess of £30,000 with them, helped offset the single supplement costs to some degree and made them more attractive price wise than say Costa.

Annie,,I'm upset for people like Bea, Amo,Skier,and the rest of the MSC faithful who have sailed MSC for years and years to reach their Black Level status.

I am a loser too. Loss of discount irritating yes but I didn't rush to book any cruises just to secure an extra discount. As a solo cruiser they have already signalled they really don't want us most of the time so I had written MSC off already.

For me the itinerary has to work.

However if the itinerary is very good, the loss of a discount will not deter me from booking the cruise.

Fortunately for me, they don't have any itineraries that interest me.

I also love safaris and I can book many a lodge, even a luxury lodge without solo penalty. That works for me and gives MSC plenty of time to sort themselves out.

Annie

Edited by anniegb

I am a loser too. Loss of discount irritating yes but I didn't rush to book any cruises just to secure an extra discount. As a solo cruiser they have already signalled they really don't want us most of the time so I had written MSC off already.

For me the itinerary has to work.

However if the itinerary is very good, the loss of a discount will not deter me from booking the cruise.

Fortunately for me, they don't have any itineraries that interest me.

I also love safaris and I can book many a lodge, even a luxury lodge without solo penalty. That works for me and gives MSC plenty of time to sort themselves out.

Annie

With solo pax on the rise,,I just don't understand why,,especially with the new builds,,incorporate some solo staterooms. NCL does it,,

I guess my highest tier level is with Carnival....Gold

Wonder what MSC will rate me for that level...

Being my upcoming MSC cruise is my first cruise on MSC, and a Yacht Club Suite to boot, I am getting most levels perks anyways.....

I guess it will come in handy should I get a balcony, vice a suite for future cruises...although I was hoping that I truly love the YC and book it again on the Seaside in 2017, if the price does not go thru the roof.

I can definitely understand the long term followers of MSC being upset for the cross over of tier level from other lines.

I guess my highest tier level is with Carnival....Gold

Wonder what MSC will rate me for that level...

Being my upcoming MSC cruise is my first cruise on MSC, and a Yacht Club Suite to boot, I am getting most levels perks anyways.....

I guess it will come in handy should I get a balcony, vice a suite for future cruises...although I was hoping that I truly love the YC and book it again on the Seaside in 2017, if the price does not go thru the roof.

I can definitely understand the long term followers of MSC being upset for the cross over of tier level from other lines.

It's just the initial shock of it Fire,,that's all. I guess now we all know why MSC did away with the tiered discounts and brought everyone down to 5%!!!

You'll be able to fill out a form on MSC's website on Wednesday and attach a photo of your current cruise member loyalty card. At that time an MSC level will be assigned to you.http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Become-A-Member.aspx

With solo pax on the rise,,I just don't understand why,,especially with the new builds,,incorporate some solo staterooms. NCL does it,,

NCL - you are having a laugh??

Those shoeboxes??

FYI my next safari lodge with my own private pool, meals, game drives, alcohol on a per diem rate, in December, is less than I would pay for a Bella experience in an inside cabin on the Musica. Furthermore I am rebated 14% because I used a certain agency.

Let me think about it.

Annie

NCL - you are having a laugh??

Those shoeboxes??

FYI my next safari lodge with my own private pool, meals, game drives, alcohol on a per diem rate, in December, is less than I would pay for a Bella experience in an inside cabin on the Musica. Furthermore I am rebated 14% because I used a certain agency.

Let me think about it.

Annie

Haaaaaa Annie,,,just throwing it out there!!!:)

Haaaaaa Annie,,,just throwing it out there!!!:)

I know :)

There is a MSC cc forum member who recently sailed NCL and I think was stung by the increase in gratuities etc.

She reported that in the communal studios lounge, there was a suggestion board for activities etc

Resulting from posting events on that board, 2 women were 'stalked' for the duration of the cruise.

Just saying.

Annie (who loves her balcony cabins btw)

I know :)

There is a MSC cc forum member who recently sailed NCL and I think was stung by the increase in gratuities etc.

She reported that in the communal studios lounge, there was a suggestion board for activities etc

Resulting from posting events on that board, 2 women were 'stalked' for the duration of the cruise.

Just saying.

Annie (who loves her balcony cabins btw)

Heaven forbid!!!! Don't want to hear of another incident like the one that happened onboard a HAL ship. Safer to travel in numbers some times!!

Heaven forbid!!!! Don't want to hear of another incident like the one that happened onboard a HAL ship. Safer to travel in numbers some times!!

Very true.

I think the idea behind the communal lounge was sound but ....... you have to be careful. BTW I think men can be subjected to stalking as well.

Apparently these lounges are available to any solo passenger on the ship not just those who occupy the studios.

Back to MSC, I haven't totally written them off. I do like their cocktails but I have to confess my experience on Divina left a sour taste.

I just don't think MSC are good with large ships.

However the silver lining of all these changes just means I look at and obtain better value for my vacation dollar elsewhere.

Hopefully everything will settle down.

Enjoy your cruises.

Annie

Very true.

I think the idea behind the communal lounge was sound but ....... you have to be careful. BTW I think men can be subjected to stalking as well.

Apparently these lounges are available to any solo passenger on the ship not just those who occupy the studios.

Back to MSC, I haven't totally written them off. I do like their cocktails but I have to confess my experience on Divina left a sour taste.

I just don't think MSC are good with large ships.

However the silver lining of all these changes just means I look at and obtain better value for my vacation dollar elsewhere.

Hopefully everything will settle down.

Enjoy your cruises.

Annie

I agree!!!! Thanks Annie!!!:)

Just when I was getting used to (if not happy) about the loss of perks, they come along with this now!

Steel cruising I like the onboard experience a lot. It is not as good as it used to be but that's life. I didn't just tolerate them for the perks. However the 20% discount I'd earned by spending well in excess of £30,000 with them, helped offset the single supplement costs to some degree and made them more attractive price wise than say Costa.

Like you, Mairi, I was coming to terms with the changes. The loss of the 20% discount won't affect me for some time as, thankfully, I'd booked my future cruises before hearing it was being cut.

Now that we've had canny cruiser list the discounts available onboard, it looks like the discount for laundry is no longer available - that's one I'll miss!

But the absolute slap in the face is this new incentive to loyal cruisers of other companies - I'm finding it very hard to accept this one!

Mike, I'm totally with you on this one. Of all the changes made to the loyalty scheme, this has to be the most outrageous!!! I can understand the concept among Celebrity and RC as they're owned by the same company, but for MSC to reward members of other loyalty programmes, which will have an adverse impact on those of us loyal to MSC, beggars belief!!!!

I've considered avoiding the forum here for a while - I had to shut off yesterday. This latest bombshell is seriously affecting my ability to look forward to my next cruises - I've two in quick succession. I'm determined to enjoy them despite all of this but my positive view of MSC has been impacted and, while it's not life and death stuff, it has left a bad taste. Whatever about any hope that MSC would revisit some of the decisions, this is one that they won't be able to row back from!!

There are so many reasons why I cruise with MSC that have nothing to do with loyalty programmes or benefits. I need to concentrate on them for now. I'm a fan of MSC, not from loyalty to the brand, but because I love the onboard experience. The club benefits were a bonus but did become a factor in remaining loyal, which makes it difficult to feel anything other than disappointment with MSC's treatment.

I'd love to see other companies reciprocate with similar offers of loyalty benefits to MSC customers, just to give them a kick up the proverbial!!!