Diamond Perks

Sorry about a silly question but I have just become Diamond and have a cruise booked. Can someone explain how the Diamond lounge works? What is it all about? Also the drinks that they load on your seapass card, can they be used anywhere during the evening and any time or just during the three hours? Any other details is greatly appreciated. I haven't been on Royal much lately and mainly remember the coupons from days past.

The Diamond Lounge is accessible 24 hours via your room key. There is a complimentary self-serve specialty coffee machine there.

In the morning they offer a continental breakfast for a couple of hours.

In the evening, they offer complimentary soda, selected beers and wines, basic cocktails (no blender drinks), and hot/cold snacks. The evening cocktail period varies, but is usually 5pm to 8:30pm if traditional dining starts at 6pm.

You also get the services of the Concierge during their office hours.

Drink vouchers in your SeaPass card can be used at any bar, for the same types of drinks you get in the DL, during the same time period the DL is serving evening cocktails.

The Diamond Lounge is open 24 / 7 for coffee and continental breakfast in the morning. It is staffed by the Concierge from 8:30 - 11:00 in the morning and 4:30 or 5:00 to 8:00 or 8:30 (ship dependent) in the evening. During the evening hours, free cocktails and hours hors d'oeuvres are served on an unlimited basis for Diamond and higher C & A members. There are also 3 drink vouchers loaded on your SeaPass card daily for use at most venues around the ship during those hours as well. They are only good during those hours and expire daily and do not carry over.

Enjoy your first cruise as Diamond!

Sorry about a silly question but I have just become Diamond and have a cruise booked. Can someone explain how the Diamond lounge works? What is it all about? Also the drinks that they load on your seapass card, can they be used anywhere during the evening and any time or just during the three hours? Any other details is greatly appreciated. I haven't been on Royal much lately and mainly remember the coupons from days past.

The Diamond Lounge hours are usually 4:30-8 or 5:00 to 8:30 depending on the ship. There you can have cocktails and appetizers before dinner. During this same time frame you will have 3 drinks loaded onto your SeaPass card that can be used at most bars on the ship. They can not be used in the MDR during dinner.

The Diamond Lounge is yours to use during the day with Specialty Coffee available. There is a continental breakfast every morning during set hours. You will receive a letter in your cabin detailing everything that the lounge has to offer and the times.

We just returned from the Harmoney and enjoyed being diamond for the first time. In the morning we would go and gate specialty coffee to the windjammer. We were able to order wine in the dinning room. The only problem is that the diamond lounge in the Harmoney is very small and many times even the next door room they use was full. We were able get help in reservations for specialty dinning and show. The concierge manger was great.

The Diamond Lounge is accessible 24 hours via your room key. There is a complimentary self-serve specialty coffee machine there.

In the morning they offer a continental breakfast for a couple of hours.

In the evening, they offer complimentary soda, selected beers and wines, basic cocktails (no blender drinks), and hot/cold snacks. The evening cocktail period varies, but is usually 5pm to 8:30pm if traditional dining starts at 6pm.

You also get the services of the Concierge during their office hours.

Drink vouchers in your SeaPass card can be used at any bar, for the same types of drinks you get in the DL, during the same time period the DL is serving evening cocktails.

Bob, I can't recall: Is there good (aka fresh squeezed) orange juice at breakfast?

No on any cruise that I've been on.

There's been fresh squeezed OJ, for a fee, in the WJ on all the ships that we have been on.

Our experience has also been that for Gold Card Holders (Suites and PC Members on Oasis Class and Anthem have a different color SeaPass) that have a special venue for breakfast, complimentary fresh squeezed OJ is always available you just have to ask for it.

Bob, I can't recall: Is there good (aka fresh squeezed) orange juice at breakfast?

I've not seen it in the DL or CL. However, I have seen it at the Chops/Giovanni's breakfast for suite guests on some ships.