Inside Stateroom Questions??

DeRon

If you are used to getting a balcony, 10 days might be stretching it a bit. I think we all get used to traveling in a certain category stateroom and it would be difficult to switch to another type.

I think it would depend on the itinerary, though, because if you are traveling during a rainy season and wouldn't be able to use a balcony much, an inside or Oceanview room might suffice.

Let us know what you decide.

We are thinking about going on a 10 Day cruise on the Equinox. Is that too long for an inside stateroom? We always travel with a balcony. I just don't want to feel claustrophobic.

Thoughts??

...can make this stateroom seem right." :confused: (or SOMETHING like that! :p)

I'm a late sleeper and want ONLY an inside room, even on 15 night transatlantics. I am never IN my room for anything other than sleep and showers, so I never feel claustrophobic. :cool:

The price of an inside lets me take TWICE as many cruises so it's more than worth it... for me. :)

Sly and The Family Stone said it best... Different Stokes for Different Folks! ;) (and so on and so on...)

We usually book window and even have an aqua balcony on an upcoming cruise BUT I wouldn't hesitate to return to an inside (granted our inside was for a 7 day cruise to Alaska) if it were a choice between inside or remain at home or stretch the budget to unreasonable lengths.

It's my impression that most posters on Cruise Critic are in Elite categories and travel in a minimum category of balcony cabins.

There's much to be said for steerage if it gets you to exotic destinations! Or simply provides an escape from the routine.

Ruth

We were watching our budget so booked an inside cabin for our Equinox cruise in March. I had traveled in an inside cabin on our first cruise and it was fine. Since then we have cruised 4 times in a balcony stateroom. As I was reading the boards and realizing there was not a lot of outside spaces and no promenade deck I started to worry. When the promotional 123 package came out I was able to upgrade to a balcony for about $1000.00 but with the free drink packages I could subtract what we would have spent on our drinks or packages and felt we really did not have to spend that much more.

Since we upgraded I have been so much more excited and relieved that I realized how much the balcony really meant to us. Now I can have my coffee on the balcony which for me is one of the best times of the day. I don't think I would have been as happy with that inside cabin.

I would just look for a good deal on any balcony cabin before I would book an inside again. Just saying...

We are Elite but even so, travel in all category of cabins. If there is an itinery we like but a certain category is cost prohibitive we have no problem booking a gty inside cabin. Because the room is really only for sleeping and bathing, we'd rather be cruising in a lower category than not at all. When in port we spend our entire time sightseeing. On sea days there are numerous lovely spots to enjoy around the ship's. Agreed - "different strokes for different folks". We have never regretted our decisions.

We are thinking about going on a 10 Day cruise on the Equinox. Is that too long for an inside stateroom? We always travel with a balcony. I just don't want to feel claustrophobic.

Thoughts??

We do both Ocean View and Inside cabins on 14 night Cruises. So for us doing a 10 day Cruise in an inside cabin is not too long at all. We spend very little time in our cabins. For us there is way to much to do and see on the ship to stay in the Cabin.

We switch cabin categories. We have had inside, balconies, aft balconies. It depends on the itinerary, and price. Either works for us. Each has it merits. The insides are dark and makes sleeping easier. Naps are great! Only you can decide what's best for you. If you feel claustrophobic go out on deck. We don't spend much time in our cabin. We can always find our favorite place on deck to sit and watch the ocean. Good luck with your decision.

We have travelled AQ class , CC class and inside . Our upcoming 7 night is inside . That is 3 ports and 3 sea days . I will be enjoying the upper decks for sun as you really can't lay out with comfort on a veranda and don't always get sun on your side.

We did the Panama canal 14 night inside and we were fine with it. My morning tea delivered to my cabin was usually too cold to enjoy so I have that up top somewhere

I'm not understanding your question... if you are asking if an inside stateroom is ok... i personally enjoy the veranda but if you only sleep pretty much while in stateroom...and experienced it before.... go for it. We plan to do our first inside on a 7 nighter in September... just because of the absolute great rate.. a cruise not even planned for this year... :D

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Hi, we had an inside on Solstice; always had balconies previously, except one time had an oceanview on a business paid cruise.

We sailed from Dubai to Singapore, 12 days, at a price we couldn't refuse. It was an extra holiday for us and we thought it was a good opportunity to try out an inside.

It was spacious and every bit as comfortable as our balcony cabin on Equinox. We honestly didn't miss the balcony, which really surprised us. We just spent more time on deck. The weather was fantastic throughout the cruise.

One thing about it will make us avoid inside cabins in future: we couldn't wake up in the mornings :(. We were never out of the cabin before 9.30am! Imagine trying to wake a hamster up during the day? That's how we felt :D. Don't think the jet lag helped and also, we were putting the clocks forward on many evenings.

DeRon, here's a pic of the cabin on solstice #8280. Not at all claustrophobic.

8257635485_6520783e54_z.jpg

8257635359_564d618a95_z.jpg

My first cruise we had a picture window out the aft - after that is has all been balcony and we are now getting ready for our first aft balcony sky suite. I've often wondered if I could do an inside. My biggest fear is that I worry that I would feel trapped - as in if there was a fire. I know it is silly - I mean really am I saying I'd ever have the guts to jump off a balcony if there was a fire, no. Has anyone else ever had these fears? I'd like to try a short cruise in an inside once to see if I can get over it because as we ease towards retirement - this would allow for more cruising!

My first cruise we had a picture window out the aft - after that is has all been balcony and we are now getting ready for our first aft balcony sky suite. I've often wondered if I could do an inside. My biggest fear is that I worry that I would feel trapped - as in if there was a fire. I know it is silly - I mean really am I saying I'd ever have the guts to jump off a balcony if there was a fire, no. Has anyone else ever had these fears? I'd like to try a short cruise in an inside once to see if I can get over it because as we ease towards retirement - this would allow for more cruising!

Jane, we definitely didn't have any of those feelings at all. I did wonder about that before we sailed.

Once we were in the cabin, the light was on and it was no different to being in any other cabin with the curtains drawn. We didn't spend any time at all in there during the day.

During your next cruise, why not ask to view an inside? I'm sure your cabin steward will oblige. We did that and I was pleasantly surprised. Our inside was definitely more spacious in appearance than the balcony cabin, so check out the differences between inside grades and sizes. :)

Jane, we definitely didn't have any of those feelings at all. I did wonder about that before we sailed.

Once we were in the cabin, the light was on and it was no different to being in any other cabin with the curtains drawn. We didn't spend any time at all in there during the day.

During your next cruise, why not ask to view an inside? I'm sure your cabin steward will oblige. We did that and I was pleasantly surprised. Our inside was definitely more spacious in appearance than the balcony cabin, so check out the differences between inside grades and sizes. :)

Thank you so much for your kind reply! I was actually afraid to put it out there - as I had never seen anyone address the fear issue. I will most certainly be asking to see an inside - maybe this weekend while on the short 2 nighter!

Hi, we had an inside on Solstice; always had balconies previously, except one time had an oceanview on a business paid cruise.

We sailed from Dubai to Singapore, 12 days, at a price we couldn't refuse. It was an extra holiday for us and we thought it was a good opportunity to try out an inside.

It was spacious and every bit as comfortable as our balcony cabin on Equinox. We honestly didn't miss the balcony, which really surprised us. We just spent more time on deck. The weather was fantastic throughout the cruise.

One thing about it will make us avoid inside cabins in future: we couldn't wake up in the mornings :(. We were never out of the cabin before 9.30am! Imagine trying to wake a hamster up during the day? That's how we felt :D. Don't think the jet lag helped and also, we were putting the clocks forward on many evenings.

DeRon, here's a pic of the cabin on solstice #8280. Not at all claustrophobic.

8257635485_6520783e54_z.jpg

8257635359_564d618a95_z.jpg

No big couch in stateroom? I thought all cabins had them! As others have mentioned, everybody's wants and needs are different.

No big couch in stateroom? I thought all cabins had them! As others have mentioned, everybody's wants and needs are different.

The inside cabins on the Solstice Class of ships are a great bargain! We've sailed in an Aqua Class cabin; a Sunset Verandah and three inside cabins. The inside cabins are 200 sq ft and lack the huge couch. Gives these cabins much more room -- they feel larger than the balcony cabins. We love the dark atmosphere and sleep better!

We always book an inside, and never move up unless a huge bargain comes along.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Not in this inside category, though I'm sure I've seen pics from some S class insides with the sofas?

This is another view. There are 2 single comfy chairs and there is plenty of room to put them together with the table if required. We never sat in the cabin for long enough to use them.

The extra space by the bathroom is due to the doors not being recessed like the balcony cabins. The inside cabin doors are flush with the corridor.

I think you go into an inside with a different mindset. We knew we wouldn't be in there much, whereas we spend more time relaxing in the balcony cabins.

8257635431_8366965676_z.jpg

Have been on (30) cruises and all inside cabins. Very confortable just as the outside cabins only no window. We leave a wakeup call for the morning and make it to breakfast by 8:30 and start our day. We are only there to sleep and shower and dress. Love to spend the days outside and with all the other passengers. Can be alone when we are home but love to meet everyone. We all go to the same places and eat all together so it's only for sleeping. Have fun!!!!!!!

I totally understand the rationale of those folks who either like or don't mind an inside cabin. I really get it that the difference in cost can be huge. However, the balcony is such a big part of cruising for me that I can't imagine not having one.

I love coffee on the balcony in the morning, reading on the balcony in the afternoon, having a cocktail before dinner on the balcony, and best of all, standing at the railing smelling the ocean and feeling the breeze right before I crawl into bed. I know you can do all of these things in the public areas of the ship, but being able to do it with privacy just makes it very special for me.

So I guess that it truly is a very personal choice. Hope you find what makes the best vacation for you!

Our inside cabin on Solstice, (deck three) had the head of the bed on the far wall opposite the entrance with a (pretty much) full sized, very nice, modern leather couch between the bed and closet area.

I thought it was VERY efficient in it's use of space.

Archived