*Live* Adventure of the Seas 8/31-9/7 Canada and New England

rimmit

Not sure if my last post was removed or if it’s the bad internet on the boat and it didn’t post so I apologize if it was here and removed. If it was removed please let me know somehow via email so i don’t post again as I have a hard time getting anything to go through.

Anyway, after several years on here I have decided to finally contribute. We are live blogging the current adventure of the seas sailing. I do not have time to live blog here and on my personal blog.

I read the outside link guidelines and it says it is a case by case basis so if this falls outside the acceptable cases I understand. My blog does not have any ads and is our families personal blog. There are no affiliate links, or out side links of any kinds or mention of TAs or any travel agencies of any kind. It makes zero dollars for anyone, myself included. It is something we have so our friends can track us.

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/08/31/canada-and-new-england-cruise-live-blog-day-1/

Feel free to follow along or not. Constructive criticism welcome.

I just do not have time to format for our blog and cruise critic.

Looking forward to following your blog. We were to sail that same itinerary last week on the Adventure and ended up cancelling. I look forward to reading what I missed, so maybe I can re-book it for a future summer. Great photography by the way. Love the treatment of the whiskey shelf in B & W.

Moderator, please combine threads. Sorry for doubling the threads. I hit submit, but as you know cruise ship internet is slow, and I couldn't tell if it went through before it disconnected and then I couldn't reconnect for a while. So please combine with my other thread.

Here is Day 2.

http://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/09/01/canada-and-new-england-cruise-live-blog-day-2/

Thank you for the kind comments on my family. Internet isn’t the best on the Adventure. Seems good at times and painfully slow at others. Took me 45 minutes to upload the handful of photos in the blog. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to address them.

For our blog, I do the photography and my wife does most of the writing. Makes for a good team. My kids are our models. Lol

Just finished the same voyage last week. I loved the ports. We went to Peggy's Cove on an excellent excursion from Royal Caribbean. I really learned a lot about that part of Canada. All the ports are quaint, easy to walk around in, and residents seem to love living there. The ship is fantastic. The servers in the Windjammer were very friendly and enthusiastic. We also ate in Chops and Giovanni's and would go back to both. Have a wonderful trip with many great memories with your family.

We are enjoying your blog. We are doing a B2B on Adventure beginning 9/28/18. I have 2 questions, if you get time to answer: You mention specialty coffee in the Diamond Lounge (this will be our first cruise as Diamond). Could you please tell me what type of coffees and hours available? Also, how well "stocked" is the library. We are bringing Kindles but since we'll be on for 24 days, we thought an early visit to the library may be a good idea.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Just finished the same voyage last week. I loved the ports. We went to Peggy's Cove on an excellent excursion from Royal Caribbean. I really learned a lot about that part of Canada. All the ports are quaint, easy to walk around in, and residents seem to love living there. The ship is fantastic. The servers in the Windjammer were very friendly and enthusiastic. We also ate in Chops and Giovanni's and would go back to both. Have a wonderful trip with many great memories with your family.

What other excursions did you take? My hubby is doing 3 bike rides and I am trying to find something for me to do on those days. We leave on the 7th, can't wait!

Ginger

I would look that happy too if they decided to take me on a cruise the week before school starts.;)

We home school our oldest, so we can travel more. Not just on cruises but in general. They are incredibly happy kids in general though. They only know two moods. Super happy or angry because we are not letting them do something that makes them super happy.

Check out Day 3. I am out of data so my phone is on safety mode and super slow even in the US so a I apologize if there are questions and I am not answering them all. Thank you all for the comments. Much appreciated.

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/09/02/canada-and-new-england-cruise-live-blog-day-3/

on the oasis the internet was better than average, you were able to stream videos and shows. I did alaska and liked that our ship had indoor pools, does adventure have any indoor pools for cold weather sailings?

Adventure is pretty slow, but we just use our free diamond days and do not upgrade to streaming. So I don’t know how fast the streaming is. There is no indoor pool. The solarium is outdoors. It does not help I went over my data and am in “safety mode” now and my phone is SUPER SLOW.

In response to someone above. I will post the cruise planners when i get better internet. I have cruise planners dating back to 1992 and always keep them as a souvenir. We only buy magnets on vacation and put the cruise planners in a binder to help us remember where we go.

We are enjoying your blog. We are doing a B2B on Adventure beginning 9/28/18. I have 2 questions' date=' if you get time to answer: You mention specialty coffee in the Diamond Lounge (this will be our first cruise as Diamond). Could you please tell me what type of coffees and hours available? Also, how well "stocked" is the library. We are bringing Kindles but since we'll be on for 24 days, we thought an early visit to the library may be a good idea.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise![/quote']

The library is ok. I would definitely use your kindle. The diamond lounge has espresso, cappuccino, cafe creme, latte macchiato, cafe latte, foam free flow as options. I do not drink coffee but that’s what the buttons say.

The library is ok. I would definitely use your kindle. The diamond lounge has espresso, cappuccino, cafe creme, latte macchiato, cafe latte, foam free flow as options. I do not drink coffee but that’s what the buttons say.

Thank you very much for the info

Hi Rimmit - Really enjoying your post and blog. DW and her 5 girlfriends will be boarding on Friday (9/7) for the 10-day to Quebec. They, of course are all excited. My question, which will be very subjective....Do you see many school-age children on board the ship, or is the ship now mostly adults, due to the beginning of school? I'll leave it up to you to define "many children". Thanks!

I would say it is clearly less than a summer cruise, but more than a 14 night transatlantic or repositioning. I am betting a the 10 nighter will be even less. My daughter has been the only one in the Aquanauts, and my son is in explorers (6-8) and they combined with the 9-11 because there are so few. The most I have seen in the Aquanauts at any point in time is 6 kids, and there are frequently less than 10 in the explorers and voyagers. I have seen less, but given the itinerary and the timing, this is definitely some of the least, only being beaten by our Holland America Alaskan cruise, and some of the TA's and repositioning. We are working on uploading the Live Blog for Day 4, but it literally takes 1-1.5 hours for 25 photos to upload so it takes a while. Thanks for following along!

Day 4 is up. We have written this 4 TIMES as the internet keeps glitching, and saying it has been uploaded, and then out of nowhere everything has disappeared or all the edits and pictures have been deleted, so I apologize if there are errors or if the pictures aren't aligned right. I am not sure if there are even pics, as the internet is so slow, the pics won't load, and I can't edit the post and actually see pics as I add them.

http://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/09/02/canada-and-new-england-live-blog-day-4

We did the Foodies walking tour in Saint John. It was a great way to get to know the history of Saint John which is very interesting and also see some great architecture. We got to try an abundance of food including Beaver Tails and Lobster rolls. This was an excursion sponsored by RCI and done by Aguila Tours. The tour guide was excellent and knew the history very well. There was walking, of course, but doable. Two couples with strollers were with us, and they seemed to manage well.