Can I skip the airline counter at Venice Marco Polo airport?

tyrannosaur

Our ship (in summer) is scheduled to arrive into Venice at 8 am, and our flight (to Paris) is at 12 noon. After reading the helpful info in the forum, many people had concerns about the long lines in Marco Polo, some suggested getting to airport 3-4 hours ahead. If I don't have any luggage to check in and I have electronic boarding pass in cellphone, can I skip the airline counter and go directly to Security? I know this works in US airports, not sure about Venice.

Thanks!

I wouldn´t suggest to go any earlier than 2 hours prior to the flight as the check-in counters do not open any earlier and there is no room to sit or stand.

But anyway, yes, if you don´t have any checked luggage and a did online check-in you can go directly to security and don´t need to go to the check-in counters.

steamboats

I wouldn´t suggest to go any earlier than 2 hours prior to the flight as the check-in counters do not open any earlier and there is no room to sit or stand.

But anyway, yes, if you don´t have any checked luggage and a did online check-in you can go directly to security and don´t need to go to the check-in counters.

steamboats

that it not true . If we would come 2 hours before flight we would not make it . Our check in was open 4 hours before flight and line was huge.

that it not true . If we would come 2 hours before flight we would not make it . Our check in was open 4 hours before flight and line was huge.

it all depends on the airline

a lot of flight companies share check in desks at airport and only open up 2 hours before

this is particularly true of the "low cost airlines"

"low cost airlines"

:') I wouldn´t regard LH as "low cost airline" :')!!

The OP is flying to Paris. So that is definitely an European flight. Maybe US flights may open earlier.

LH does not open earlier than 2 hours prior to departure. Actually the check-in may be open but not for your flight but another one of the same airline. And they do not accept a baggage drop off for a later flight as Venice airport has no storage space for that luggage either.

steamboats

Or, the airline loses your luggage and it doesn’t arrive in Venice until four days after the ship has left. Even though I “survived” with a quick trip to H&M in Venice, I don’t recommend this method of cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the useful and fun information! We are flying Air France from VCE to CDG, good to know we can skip the counter after online check-in, hope 4 hours would be enough to catch the fly, and now I just have to convince my wife to travel with carry on luggage only :)