Free Nights and Upgrades

Azamazingal

Thanksto a link from this forum, I checked the Celebrity website for ourcruise history.

Whilstthe list was accurate, I got the impression that the allocated pointswere wrong.

7-nightcruises in a balcony scored 30, 21 or 35 points depending …...

SoI e-mailed leclubvoyageuk and got a quick and helpful reply from Markstating that the points scheme changed on Nov 23, 2013 and again onDec 31, 2014. So, three completely different scales apply.

Anyway,we had over 300 points and so qualified for 4 free nights. We chosea cruise and asked our TA to get prices for a CC suite and a V2balcony. This took several days and she reported back that the replyfrom Azamara made no sense. The second email's prices indicatedthat we would get less than one free night in a suite and just threein a balcony. No explanation, but I understand that as most of ourcruises have been in a balcony we were to have virtually no discountin a suite. And although we had four free nights in a balcony wemust pay for seven days' port charges and taxes. We booked thebalcony with about 40% off the advertised price.

Ido appreciate that it seems inappropriate for someone who has cruisedentirely in an inside cabin to get free nights in a suite but ittakes 150 days of inside travel to accumulate 300 points. Thisprobably costs more than the 17 days it takes in a big suite. So, isthe logic correct?

Next,and again thanks to this forum, we applied for the $398 upgrade. Both I and the TA got an e-mail in reply which included thefollowing:

Youhave now been waitlisted. If a stateroom upgrade becomes availablefor your upcoming voyage, the Le Club Voyage Desk will contact you oryour Travel Partner 2 - 4 weeks prior to your departure. Pleaseremember Le Club Voyage Stateroom Upgrades are subject toavailability, and will be prioritized based on your Le Club Voyagetier, then by time of request.“

Sonow we know how the allocation is made. Hard to change your tier butapply early.

Yes, I think it is not so clear. I called Le Club Voyage to ask if I would be credited for oceanview rates or balcony rates as my past sailings with Azamara have been half oceanview and half balcony , but they would not give me an answer.

They told me to first book and then email them and then I would find out what credit I would get. So if they decide that I merit the oceanview rate, and then book a balcony, I will then be credited the dollars of the oceanview nightly rate ( six nights in my case) , and this amount is then taken off of the entire cost of my balcony. They did not mention the entire sailing's port charges, but I understand that .Good to know that your TA was able to get prices before you definately booked a cabin.. And nice to get the fee nights, as well, in any case. Of course, as they tell us, we do not get any other deal offered at the time, which may make things more complicated in choosing a sailing in which taking the free nights makes sense.

I had no idea you even got points! I've done 2 7 nights and 1 8 night cruises in a v1 balcony room. Will I have a discount that can be applied on my next cruise??

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Forums mobile app

Are these all Azamara cruises? Also Azamara recognises points from Celebrity Captains Club and Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Club.

You should email Le Club Voyage to find out. As far as I can see from the terms & conditions you should be able to get points for your cruises, but you may have to provide evidence that you have taken them. Here’s a link to the terms https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

It would probably be a good idea to enrol first, look at the bottom menu on Azamara’s website for a link to enrol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm definitely enrolled as an LCV member and have only ever cruised on Azamara. When I log in to My Azamara though, it doesn't give me my LCV number and there is nowhere I can find to look at points. Does anyone know where to look? I have emailed them but await a response!

I'm definitely enrolled as an LCV member and have only ever cruised on Azamara. When I log in to My Azamara though, it doesn't give me my LCV number and there is nowhere I can find to look at points. Does anyone know where to look? I have emailed them but await a response!

The only way to view points and cruises is via the Celebrity Captain’s Club site. Your LCV number will also be your Captain’s Club number as basically it’s the same scheme.

Complicated I know but it’s the only way, however recently there has been a problem viewing past Azamara on the site although I believe this has now been resolved but the points total was still viewable.

This link should take you there but you will have to create a login account. https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/signin

I was curious if I had any free nights, so I called Azamara. I am at the Discover level having taken 6 Celebrity and 3 Azamara cruises. A fourth Azamara cruise is coming in January.

I was told you can’t get free nights if you have more Celebtity Cruises than Azamara cruises.

Does this make sense?

It does make sense if you have done 3 Azamara cruises and 6 with Celebrity. But it would not if the figures were 100 and 101 respectively. It is Azamara, after all, who are giving away the free nights.

Just to give you some sense of scale, we did 9 Azamara cruises, all but one in a balcony, before getting the free nights.

We are in the same situation. At our ages, I do not see us getting 1500 points for next level. Son is sailing with us this spring, he has one Celebrity cruise and will be moving up after this cruise for two free nights. Even though I doubt he will be able to use the two free nights with all of the restrictions, he will have them. We will have more points on Azamara, but too many low value cruise on Celebrity.

I was curious if I had any free nights, so I called Azamara. I am at the Discover level having taken 6 Celebrity and 3 Azamara cruises. A fourth Azamara cruise is coming in January.

I was told you can’t get free nights if you have more Celebtity Cruises than Azamara cruises.

Does this make sense?

This is part of the t and cs for the free nights. So I guess it does make sense. Why would you get free nights on Azamara if you’ve done more Cruises on Celebrity? I had the same issue and only started getting free nights when I passed that more than 50% rule, but I understand it.

Phil

This is part of the t and cs for the free nights. So I guess it does make sense. Why would you get free nights on Azamara if you’ve done more Cruises on Celebrity? I had the same issue and only started getting free nights when I passed that more than 50% rule, but I understand it.

Phil

In January I will have my 4th Azamara cruise, 3 of them in club continent suites. If I had no celebrity cruises, how many points would I have. Each cruise averaged 12 days.

In January I will have my 4th Azamara cruise, 3 of them in club continent suites. If I had no celebrity cruises, how many points would I have. Each cruise averaged 12 days.

Club Continents earn 8 points a night

It depends when the cruises were as the points system changed at a couple of times. If they are all recent, then as Laurieb says it’s 8 points a night, so that would be about 288 points.

LCV should be able to tell you.

Although I have never done a Celebrity Cruise my Captains Club account in Celebrity lists all my cruises and the points earned for each. Your Captains Club Number is the same as your LCV Number.

As has been said, at least 50% must have been accrued on Azamara.

It makes sense to me that the stateroom you book using your "complimentary nights" is the same as the stateroom type in which most of your points have been accrued.

Another point that has not been mentioned is that your "complimentary nights" can only be booked on a full price cruise.

For more information, scroll to the bottom of this linked page :

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-au/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits

With regards to free nights, I was just on the Quest and asked. The response is they check your cruise record and if at least 50% of your RCCL cruises were on Azamara, then you qualify. If not, you are out of luck. We are Elite status and get zero free nights because we sailed for ~25 years on Celebrity.

With regards to free nights, I was just on the Quest and asked. The response is they check your cruise record and if at least 50% of your RCCL cruises were on Azamara, then you qualify. If not, you are out of luck. We are Elite status and get zero free nights because we sailed for ~25 years on Celebrity.

How many cruises do you have on Celebrity? 25 years and Elite sounds great, but the truth is you actually don’t need that many cruises to achieve Elite. So you won’t have to work so hard to get to the 50% rule.

Phil

How many cruises do you have on Celebrity? 25 years and Elite sounds great, but the truth is you actually don’t need that many cruises to achieve Elite. So you won’t have to work so hard to get to the 50% rule.

Phil

We didn't cruise every year while we were working. So, initially, it was on our every 5th anniversary. Then we started more frequently. So, years and cruises are not necessarily related. With regards to 50%, the more you cruise on Celebrity, the harder it is to get to 50% on Azamara.

As has been said, at least 50% must have been accrued on Azamara.

It makes sense to me that the stateroom you book using your "complimentary nights" is the same as the stateroom type in which most of your points have been accrued.

Another point that has not been mentioned is that your "complimentary nights" can only be booked on a full price cruise.

For more information, scroll to the bottom of this linked page :

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-au/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits

Wow, full price. No idea how bad that would be. The onboard pricing is getting close to $1,000/night for a veranda.

We didn't cruise every year while we were working. So, initially, it was on our every 5th anniversary. Then we started more frequently. So, years and cruises are not necessarily related. With regards to 50%, the more you cruise on Celebrity, the harder it is to get to 50% on Azamara.

Don’t i know it!

Phil

It is too bad that we are penalized for sailing Celebrity. Looking back it looks like the points from Celebrity have gotten me one free bag of laundry. They have cost us the two free nights (that are really worthless), the four and six nights for moving up do hurt. Makes us really reluctant to add more Celebrity cruises incase we ever get close to platinum.

Too bad they will not let us drop the Celebrity points.

It is too bad that we are penalized for sailing Celebrity. Looking back it looks like the points from Celebrity have gotten me one free bag of laundry. They have cost us the two free nights (that are really worthless), the four and six nights for moving up do hurt. Makes us really reluctant to add more Celebrity cruises incase we ever get close to platinum.

Too bad they will not let us drop the Celebrity points.

What they don't realize is that they are incentivizing people to book on other cruise lines for those cruises they don't take on Azamara. They can't see that you sailed on NCL etc., so those don't hurt you getting to 50%. Someone in marketing thinks they are too smart when, in fact, they are really pretty ignorant of the way their incentive plan motivates peoples' choices.

We enjoy the benefits of most of the perks awarded as Discover plus/Elit plus. We have more than 1000 points. Most are on Celebrity because Celebrity cruises were in business about 20 years before Celebrity. Earning free nights on Azamara is impossible for us. We still cruise on Celebrity as well as Azamara. We feel we are being reprimanded for still sailing on Celebrity. It seems rather strange since both Azamara amd Celebrity are both part of the same company. We feel that only younger cruisers can get the benefit of free nights.

We enjoy the benefits of most of the perks awarded as Discover plus/Elit plus. We have more than 1000 points. Most are on Celebrity because Celebrity cruises were in business about 20 years before Celebrity. Earning free nights on Azamara is impossible for us. We still cruise on Celebrity as well as Azamara. We feel we are being reprimanded for still sailing on Celebrity. It seems rather strange since both Azamara amd Celebrity are both part of the same company. We feel that only younger cruisers can get the benefit of free nights.

(y)