Neptune Suite Maasdam

LewiLewi

We were in a Neptune Suite on the Maasdam last year. It was a few doors down from the forward elevators on the starboard side and very quiet. I don't recall the number, but it wasn't too far from the Neptune Lounge. Love those Neptune suites!!

Thank you all for your quick replies. We decided on 026 under Canaletto. I did read one CC report that said there was unusual vibration in that area. Did any of you notice this as a problem?

Thank you

Has any one stayed in o33? Any information available? Cruise is in 2019 and can change if need be. Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Starting at 28 you are under the overhang.

Yes, that is right and for whatever reason there are people who like to stand in the windows in Lido and look down on the verrandahs in tthat area. I

Has any one stayed in o33? Any information available? Cruise is in 2019 and can change if need be. Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

033 is under the Lido bar area. I would move further aft, like 043 or 045.

Sadly on our last Maasdam cruise in Sept 2017, also on the Navigation deck in a verandah cabin ( not a Neptune) we had terrible vibrations, which were present throughout the upper ship levels. Tables in the Lido were shaking too. Day and night. I am always a big defender of the Maasdam because there are so many things to like about this small, wonderful ship and Neptune Suites on this ship are the best of the fleet, so this was disheartening to experience.

Not sure why there was that much level of disturbing vibrations on that particular cruise - we were having to make a lot of speed dodging hurricanes on that FLL to San Diego leg via Panama - maybe 20 knots a hour, but recently on the Veendam sister ship which also was clocking in at similar speeds, but never had the same heavy vibrations at all. We also had to move our cabin on the Maasdam the very first day, becasue we were assigned right over the Ocean Bar and the noise in our cabin was deafening. Beware of those cabins - the last "guarantee" cabin assignment we will ever take.

Hope you can get an updated report after Sept 2017 on the Maasdam to see if this heavy vibration problem has been remedied. It would be very sad it it had not. She is otherwise a gem.

Thank you all for your quick replies. We decided on 026 under Canaletto. I did read one CC report that said there was unusual vibration in that area. Did any of you notice this as a problem?

Thank you

See my report above from our Sept 2017 Maasdam cruise. Hope this got fixed.

OK thanks.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

I was recently in an inside 031 on the Veendam just opposite the 033 Neptune Suites on this Maasdam sister ship, and right under the Lido bar which I worried would also be noisy, but it was a very quiet cabin. I heard nothing.

(Too quiet? - I personally will not sail in an inside cabin again -no light, no noise - it was like a sensory deprivation chamber - had to leave the TV webcam (Channel 44) on to make sure what was going on outside - but it really did not wake me up to daylight, as I had anticipated. It did serve as a weak night light however, to keep from all four dark walls from closing in on me when the cabin lights were out)

Sadly on our last Maasdam cruise in Sept 2017, also on the Navigation deck in a verandah cabin ( not a Neptune) we had terrible vibrations, which were present throughout the upper ship levels. Tables in the Lido were shaking too. Day and night. I am always a big defender of the Maasdam because there are so many things to like about this small, wonderful ship and Neptune Suites on this ship are the best of the fleet, so this was disheartening to experience.

Not sure why there was that much level of disturbing vibrations on that particular cruise - we were having to make a lot of speed dodging hurricanes on that FLL to San Diego leg via Panama - maybe 20 knots a hour, but recently on the Veendam sister ship which also was clocking in at similar speeds, but never had the same heavy vibrations at all. We also had to move our cabin on the Maasdam the very first day, becasue we were assigned right over the Ocean Bar and the noise in our cabin was deafening. Beware of those cabins - the last "guarantee" cabin assignment we will ever take.

Hope you can get an updated report after Sept 2017 on the Maasdam to see if this heavy vibration problem has been remedied. It would be very sad it it had not. She is otherwise a gem.

Thank you for this information. Do you think a forward cabin like 002-008 would also,have this vibration problem.? Was it all over the top decks of this ship?

Thank you for this information. Do you think a forward cabin like 002-008 would also,have this vibration problem.? Was it all over the top decks of this ship?

I was in mid ship Neptune Suite on Veendam in July, and have sailed in that precise cabin many times. I felt no vibrration and I had the same expeience I have enjoyed in tthat cabin on Maasdam and Vendam and (now out of the fleet) Ryndam a great many times. I would book that same cab in again, and again. :)

We are sailing on Maasdam next year and want to book a Neptune Suite. Any suggestions for quietest suite?

Thank you

After researching the vibration problem on the Maasdam, I found this youtube video. Check it out. MS Maasdam Vibration

I wish other CC members would be forthright when asked questions about a ship. This ship has problems.

After researching the vibration problem on the Maasdam, I found this youtube video. Check it out. MS Maasdam Vibration

I wish other CC members would be forthright when asked questions about a ship. This ship has problems.

WOW! This is uncalled for and the bolding is mine.

You asked and people reported their experiences. If they didn't have the issues how do you expect them to report? What the heck is this about being forthright? I think everyone tried to help you as best they could.

Vibrations are common on ships when thrusters (or whatever the right word is) are in use. It's not a problem, it's a fact. It happens on any ship including non HAL ships under certain sea circumstances.

I found the you tube you referenced, I think but in the future, it would be helpful to provide the actual link.

I suggest you cancel since you already have pre-conceived notions on this ship.