Onboard Booking Offers - which 'perks' are kept if you later switch the reservation

Shadow9612

Are all the benefits of booking a future cruise while onboard, transferable if you subsequently modify your booking (ie. new ship/date)?

Scenario: recently, there was an onboard offer applicable to sailings between Feb 2018 - April 2019. Oceanview to Aqua would receive 2 perks and additional OBC for booking onboard (for this scenario, assume the booking is with a refundable deposit, and that OBC is applied to the future sailing).

If once back on land, I subsequently modify the sail date to a sailing after April 2019, would the 2 perks still be included, or would it depend on what offers are available at the time of change or what offers were available at the time onboard for sailings after April 2019?

p.s. I'm from Canada (as I know UK bookings differ).

Were the perks for booking onboard or just current offers. ? Something will definitely follow to the new cruise. Usually the obc. If you transfer to a trans Atlantic then it will be only obc. The offer you booked under will gives details and limitations

Not sure if this answers your question completely but we booked on board in sept 16 for a cruise sept17 which had 2perks and OBC (for booking on board) . We changed our cruise booking prior to final payment for a cruise in June18 and all our perks and OBC came with us, the cruise fare being what was currently on sale at time of the change.

In short, yes! Onboard perks of $250 OBC, prepaid grats and classic beverage were retained with a switch but want to share our experience.

We booked the 1/20/19 Antarctica cruise on the Reflection last October. A week later we were on the Eclipse TA, and after attending a presentation on South America/Antarctica itineraries, knew we wanted to switch to a "round the horn" cruise. When I asked a rep from future cruise sales if perks would transfer, he told me they would not, because that promotion was no longer offered.

When we got home, I arranged the switch with our big box TA, thinking that the future cruise consultant had it right, but was delighted to learn he had it wrong.

Are all the benefits of booking a future cruise while onboard, transferable if you subsequently modify your booking?

The only objective answer you will have received from anyone is that it depends on the cruise line and/or one’s persistence. As your question specifically mentions “all“, the answer must be ‘no’.

As you see from my cruisemate Barb (TMLAalum), she was able to do it, though there -is-no-consistent- answer possible. Just keep asking until you feel like stopping the pursuit [emoji846]

Cheers,

Bob

Sent from my iPhone