Just lookin' to get a little smarter....

Silverback969

Do Celeb ships most commonly dock in Florida at Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? Or, some other port??? We've sailed with Celebrity once previously--a 28-day double Panama Canal passage--departed from Miami, returned to Ft. Lauderdale. Like the title says, I'm just looking to get a little smarter on Celebrity.

Thanks in advance for your information.

I'd say roughly fifty/fifty FLL and Miami. I can't recall ever seeing a Celebrity sailing from any other Florida port.

Typically once a ship is porter at either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, it stays at that port for the season. It's not possible to move from one to the other without either dead-heading (no passengers at all on board) for the move, or sailing to a "Distant Foreign Port". The closest of those is Cartegena, Colombia.

Harris

Denver, CO

If you are talking about sailing the Caribbean, Celebrity sails from Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and San Juan. They sail full transit Panama Canal cruises from Miami to San Diego. And of course from ports all over the world. But if you are just talking about Florida I don't think you will ever see a Celebrity ship sail out of Jacksonville or Tampa due to size constraints of their ships. Perhaps one day out of Port Canaveral....

I'd say roughly fifty/fifty FLL and Miami. I can't recall ever seeing a Celebrity sailing from any other Florida port.

Typically once a ship is porter at either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, it stays at that port for the season. It's not possible to move from one to the other without either dead-heading (no passengers at all on board) for the move, or sailing to a "Distant Foreign Port". The closest of those is Cartegena, Colombia.

Harris

Denver, CO

I'm not sure of all the circumstances that were in play at the time, but--and this has been several years past--we boarded our ship in Ft. Lauderdale, cruised eastern Central America ports; transited Panama Canal (Caribbean to Pacific), cruised western Central America, docked in Los Angeles; disembarked, re-embarked on the same ship, cruised different ports in Mexico and Costa Rica; again, transited Panama Canal, this time in opposite direction (Pacific to Caribbean); eastern Central American ports, returned to, and disembarked in, Miami. I have a pretty good memory of this (pretty certain, because my wife agrees with me :D), because we did a park-and-cruise, leaving our car at our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, cruised from Ft. Lauderdale; then, when we returned to Port of Miami, we used the port/airport's shuttle to return and pick up our car. The extenuating circumstance for leaving one port and returning to the other: this WAS NOT a round-trip--it was two separate cruises, done back-to-back. I should have mentioned that in my original post, and I apologize for any confusion.

Thanks to both of you for your information. Much appreciated.

Edited by Silverback969
Clarification--explicitly disembarked and reembarked on same ship

Fort Lauderdale is the main home port beyond this winter season.

For the winter 2018-2019 season, Fort Lauderdale is their primary port. 4 ships in Fort Lauderdale (Edge, Reflection, Silhouette, Infinity) and only 1 in Miami (Equinox).

Winter 2019-2020 looks like Infinity is the lone ship in Miami with Edge, Reflection, Silhouette and Equinox at Fort Lauderdale.

Summit stays in San Juan for the time being.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...