Sabor on Allure

The cruise planner lists Sabor at $19 per person for our upcoming September cruise on Allure. If we do not reserve in advance, will it be the same price if we wait until boarding the ship to make a reservation?

As of this last week, it's $19/pp and no longer a la carte. If going for lunch, no need for a reservation, it's never busy and probably less so now that it's a ripoff. Just some advice - it's not better than any local cheap Mexican restaurant you have, and possibly worse. It was worth it when you could buy tacos and what not for $5 and have a nice lunch for a few bucks... at $20/each upcharge for the quality they serve, no way. They are charging more than a good Mexican restuarant, and that's just the upcharge!

Thanks for the replies. Maybe we will wait until on the ship and if craving Mexican food, reserve at that time.

I seem to remember reading that some specialty restaurants cost more if you wait until on board to reserve. I sure don't want to pay more than $19 for Sabor, so thought I would check to see if the cost was more later.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe we will wait until on the ship and if craving Mexican food, reserve at that time.

I seem to remember reading that some specialty restaurants cost more if you wait until on board to reserve. I sure don't want to pay more than $19 for Sabor, so thought I would check to see if the cost was more later.

Same price on board. Don't pre-book it. When we were on board, it was always empty. No need to reserve even, and that was prior to the price hike.

We went to Sabor in May on Allure and it was very crowded at lunch the day we went. Food was just okay and service was horrendous, it was our mistake for not walking out.

The guacamole is no longer made table side. That was actually an improvement as the guac we had was very good, even after waiting 30 minutes for it.

I would only go if you really needed mexican, avoid the chicken tacos and quesadilla.

Same price on board. Don't pre-book it. When we were on board, it was always empty. No need to reserve even, and that was prior to the price hike.

even before they changed from ala carte I always just walked up with no reservations. Never more than a few tables occupied.

Like you I'm done with Sabor at $19pp.

Bill

Looking at pictures from my family members allure cruise last week, their Sabor photo, appear to be only ones there... They said it was worth avoiding the buffet crowd on sail away day but were a bit taken with the price and didn't expect that... Remembers it being much cheaper.

The 4 of us (2 adults and 2 young teens) would go when it was a la carte and eat for right around $30. No way I would pay $76 for the 4 of us.

Wonder what would happen if DW and I went, ordered food and then the kids just happened to show up and no additional food was ordered. For $38 I'd probably still go.

We went this past week... not worth it. $19/person, even for our little kids. The food quality is sub par at best, comparable to your average chain Mexican restaurants.

Charging the $19 for little kids is just wrong considering at all the other specialty restaurants kids 12 and under eat for $10 or $12 and kids 5 and under eat free.

Charging the $19 for little kids is just wrong considering at all the other specialty restaurants kids 12 and under eat for $10 or $12 and kids 5 and under eat free.

Agreed. Ours are 7, 9, and 12. I was a little surprised it was the same price considering the kids got some quick and easy cheese quesadillas that definitely weren't worth $19.

We are sailing Allure again in April and we won't be visiting Sabor again.

Unless it has changed, Sabor ( meant Samba, too late to delete. Thanks Bob) on Allure for dinner was similar to a Brazilian Steak House. Difference being meat was brought out in stages. The good stuff was last.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Unless it has changed, Sabor on Allure for dinner was similar to a Brazilian Steak House. Difference being meat was brought out in stages. The good stuff was last.

You're thinking of Samba Grill, not Sabor.:)

As of this last week, it's $19/pp and no longer a la carte. If going for lunch, no need for a reservation, it's never busy and probably less so now that it's a ripoff. Just some advice - it's not better than any local cheap Mexican restaurant you have, and possibly worse. It was worth it when you could buy tacos and what not for $5 and have a nice lunch for a few bucks... at $20/each upcharge for the quality they serve, no way. They are charging more than a good Mexican restuarant, and that's just the upcharge!

I would disagree. We found it busy at peak lunch times on all 3 sea days of our cruise. I paid a $15 per person at lunch on Freedom and enjoyed it very much, compared to other specialty restaurants found to be a decent value and enjoyed the meal very much. On Oasis it was ala-carte and we paid less because we just ordered what we wanted. On Freedom we were trying to decide and the waiter said, "have them both"

Looking at pictures from my family members allure cruise last week, their Sabor photo, appear to be only ones there... They said it was worth avoiding the buffet crowd on sail away day but were a bit taken with the price and didn't expect that... Remembers it being much cheaper.

Packed at lunch on Oasis.

saborlady.jpg

This lady was hustling between 8 tables herself.