Is there a walking deck on Jewel of the Seas?

Thanks for the information. I like a 'walking only" deck to avoid the crowds near the pool and the be out of the way of serious joggers. This will be our first time on RC.

There are usually some chairs and ottomans on deck 5.

On Radiance Class, your not able to walk all the way around on Deck 5 you would have to cross over or go to the upper Pool Deck to walk all the way around. The Jogging track is used for walking also. if your on Deck 5 Promenade you could also walk up a short flight of stairs to go around to the other side but it is not a wrap around like Princess has.

To walk completely around outside on the lower decks of Radiance class ships like Jewel one must go up to deck 6 at the front and back down to deck 5 for the rest of the ship using sets of stairs on either side of the theater. If stairs need to be avoided one came just go inside and use the corridor where the theater entrances and front elevators are on deck 5 to cross over to the other side.

Actually, you can walk all the way around on deck 5 on Radiance class ships as long as you don’t mind going up about 12 steps in the front of the ship and then down on the other side. This takes you by the helicopter pad. The only time you cannot is if they have closed the stairs because of wind/rough seas.

This is my favorite place to walk a few miles as it is shaded for most of the way. And I get to look out over the ocean😀😀

Sherri🙂

Actually, you can walk all the way around on deck 5 on Radiance class ships as long as you don’t mind going up about 12 steps in the front of the ship and then down on the other side. This takes you by the helicopter pad. The only time you cannot is if they have closed the stairs because of wind/rough seas.

This is my favorite place to walk a few miles as it is shaded for most of the way. And I get to look out over the ocean😀😀

Sherri🙂

Really?! Oh my! Our first cruise allowed access to the bow deck, and on our Alaska cruise it was open in Glacier Bay. It was my favorite part of those ships, but also the only two ships we've been on that allow access to that deck. You don't know how much that excites me. I think I'll save that as a surprise for my husband! Are there any doors or is the way really obvious?

Really?! Oh my! Our first cruise allowed access to the bow deck, and on our Alaska cruise it was open in Glacier Bay. It was my favorite part of those ships, but also the only two ships we've been on that allow access to that deck. You don't know how much that excites me. I think I'll save that as a surprise for my husband! Are there any doors or is the way really obvious?

Just go out on deck 5 and walk towards the front. The stairway will be blocked if access is closed.

On our Seranade TA a few weeks ago, I was able to walk around most days. There were only a few where it was closed due to weather.

Sherri:)

Really?! Oh my!..... Are there any doors or is the way really obvious?

It's obvious. Here's some pics if your interested and then you'll know what to expect. The link below is for Serenade however I believe all the Radiance Class ships deck 5 outdoor promenade and helipad are the same.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44310015&highlight=promenade#post44310015

As mentioned go all the way forward, up the stairs and another short stairs to the helopad then go back down on the other side down the stairs again and continue around. During our trip through the Sounds in NZ we spent the whole time out on the helopad.

Thanks for the information. I like a 'walking only" deck to avoid the crowds near the pool and the be out of the way of serious joggers. This will be our first time on RC.

You will like the Oasis class if you ever try that, there is the largest track at sea .43 miles I believe and its on deck 5 and goes all the way around the ship and no worried about sun bathers. (Well almost none) One lane is marked for walking and one for running, but some people will ignore that, but you sound like the conscientious type .

We are on the Serenade this September to Canada/New England and the promenade on Deck 5 is one of the best features IMHO of the class of ships. We spend a lot of time out along the rails just watching the waves and listening to the ocean.

It's obvious. Here's some pics if your interested and then you'll know what to expect. The link below is for Serenade however I believe all the Radiance Class ships deck 5 outdoor promenade and helipad are the same.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44310015&highlight=promenade#post44310015

As mentioned go all the way forward, up the stairs and another short stairs to the helopad then go back down on the other side down the stairs again and continue around. During our trip through the Sounds in NZ we spent the whole time out on the helopad.

Thank you all so much! Especially the pictures.

On of the most frustrating things on our Princess cruise a few years ago was there was no where we could see the bow. The deck was all special pay area (I forget the name, but it would be like the Haven on NCL). And no bar like HAL's Crow's Nest. And no full promendade deck. It was a strange thing to be frustrated about, but it really annoyed my H and I.