Laundry Special

I have used this on two cruises. It was worth having it done. Planning on using the service at least a one or two times on my next cruise so we can pack less.

I also have read you can ask for it any day for 34.99.

We always budget to do at least one laundry bag during the cruise. Does Royal limit this to one bag or may a passenger pay for another one if desired?

Speak to your stateroom attendant. Sometimes they can get you a bag whenever you like, sometimes they say no.

We have used this service in the past, but our experience was that whatever method they use to wash and dry the laundry was really harsh. Some of our tee shirts and underwear came back to us with multiple small holes in them. I won't use the ship's laundry service again, because we ended up having to replace a lot of items when we got home. But maybe they've improved their process in the past couple of years... it would definitely be nice to not have to bring so much with us!

We've used it in the past and I was relying on it on our recent Baltic Sea Cruise and they never offered it. So, I didn't know if it was hit or miss or like another cruiser mentioned, you can actually request it?

We've used it in the past and I was relying on it on our recent Baltic Sea Cruise and they never offered it. So, I didn't know if it was hit or miss or like another cruiser mentioned, you can actually request it?

Sometimes the only mention is a small item in the Cruise Compass.

Yes, you absolutely should ask your cabin steward.

Guess who brought one home?

;)

it is 13 1/2" by 23". Flat, with no pleats. I can stuff A LOT into that bag - At least six days worth of underwear, socks, t-shirts.

And I have a photo now!

laundry_bag.jpg

See the top right corner, where about 3/4" of an inch looks like it is tearing off? Well, it is. You tear off that strip and tie the bag with it.

Indeed harsh wash...but good enough for cotton socks, cheap cotton undies, t-shirts...etc. Better than waiting for them to hang dry after hand washing with that material.

I don't use the free perk on cruises of 7 nights or less...but it's a nice feature on longer or B2B cruises for us.