Sailing the Crown in Feb.....questions.....

Qstrom

We've sailed many Princess ships in the past, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, and our last Ruby sailing had the new Princess beds and linens. I've been reading the reviews on the Crown and am somewhat concerned as I'm hearing complaints about the beds, linens, towels cabins old tired looking. I would think all of the ships would have been fit with the new beds by now. Is the Crown due for a dry dock overhaul soon.....?? We're sailing her out of Ft. Lauderdale to the ABC Caribbean islands....has anyone got some better news for us.....?

This from the Crown Princess page on the Princess web site re the Luxury Bed rollout:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/kp-crown-princess/ (under 'Joyful Rejuvenation')

EXPERIENCE THE ULTIMATE NIGHT OF SLEEP AT SEA

With your overall wellness in mind, we’ve collaborated with leading board-certified sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus and HGTV designer Candice Olson to create the ultimate in blissful comfort. Our luxurious new beds feature a scientifically engineered mattress and bed springs, a plush two-inch pillow top, European-inspired duvets and 100% luxurious Jacquard-woven linens-to assure that at the end of your voyage, you come home feeling refreshed and renewed.

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess, Pacific Princess and Golden Princess will debut on board Sea Princess (Nov 2017), Star Princess & Island Princess (Dec 2017), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Diamond Princess (Aug 2018), followed by Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

There is a gap in Crown's deployment schedule from March 24 to April 3 next year. Just enough time for the standard drydock below the waterline work. Though they will likely begin the upgrade process for Ocean Medallion which is planned to go live on Crown in November 2018.

But I assume your Caribbean cruise is this season. All I can suggest is take the reviews that carp on the ship's condition for what they are worth: just reports from those who focus solely on the negative and think any ship more than a couple years removed from its maiden voyage is "old".

Hi,

I am booked on the Crown Princess for an eight-day Southern Caribbean cruise in February 2018. I cruised aboard the Crown Princess in September 2015 and was pleased with this ship. Considering that I am "old and tired looking" myself, I am not worried about the ship.

Chuck

All the ships have not been changed to the new beds. I would read the negative comments about the Crown with a grain of salt. Pax who are unhappy post and those who are happy do not so you are reading the squeaking wheel. It is believed that the Crown will be in dry dock for a routine maintenance on March 24 - April 2. The ship's last visit to drydock was in May 2015. They are constantly working on the ships while cruising. One recent cruise we were on they replaced all the carpet in the lido outdoor areas. Another cruise we were on they replaced all the carpet in the HC and recent cruise they were replacing the beds on the cruise. We watched them load new mattresses on the day of embarkation. There is constant maintenance going on all the time.

We were on the Crown this month. I had no problems with the condition of the Crown. Of course I'm cruising for fun not as an inspector. 😀

With that being said , the beds in the last 4 cabins on the Emerald deck were horrible. ( we were 4 couples traveling together ) It was like there was 2 canoes in the bed. Seriously, the indents were huge. Our poor steward said there were no other mattresses on board. He ended putting a board under the mattress to try and help. Not much help , but appreciated the effort.

We were on the Star this past February and I was sorry to see that it would be before the drydock, new beds, etc. Everything worked out fine in spite of the many negative reviews.

This February we will be on the Crown, again before a drydock with new mattresses :) We sure know how to pick 'em. I've read the negative reviews, but I'm not at all worried. We loved the Star and I'm sure we'll love the Crown as well.

Are you on the Feb 2nd cruise?

We were on the Crown this month. I had no problems with the condition of the Crown. Of course I'm cruising for fun not as an inspector. 😀

With that being said , the beds in the last 4 cabins on the Emerald deck were horrible. ( we were 4 couples traveling together ) It was like there was 2 canoes in the bed. Seriously, the indents were huge. Our poor steward said there were no other mattresses on board. He ended putting a board under the mattress to try and help. Not much help , but appreciated the effort.

We have had the crater in the bed...almost like a 600 lb person slept in the bed!

We have been told by Princess (by phone) that the suites and minis have new beds...and any ship that has club class has the new beds... Hurray!!!

We have been told by Princess (by phone) that the suites and minis have new beds...and any ship that has club class has the new beds... Hurray!!!

Hooray for you IF you are in Club Class.

The ships shown in the schedule above as still awaiting completion of the Luxury Bed rollout have had them added to Full Suites and Club Class Minis.

But if you interpreted what you were told on the phone as "any ship with Club Class dining has the new beds throughout the ship" you are mistaken.

Hooray for you IF you are in Club Class.

The ships shown in the schedule above as still awaiting completion of the Luxury Bed rollout have had them added to Full Suites and Club Class Minis.

But if you interpreted what you were told on the phone as "any ship with Club Class dining has the new beds throughout the ship" you are mistaken.

Trust me...don't just take it for granted what they TELL you @ Princess; however, read posts here that there were in fact Club Class on Crown and other threads that said they had the new mattresses on Crown. I trust what people say on this site more than Princess line to tell you the truth. We are in a suite, so assuming that we have the new mattresses!!

If anyone has anything to add, we welcome the feedback, either positive or negative

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the Crown (our favorite) in July in a mini suite and had no bed or linen problems. Even my daughters sofa bed was super comfortable which is not always the case.

Had our best cruise ever.

As someone booked on KP for January, can you tell me what makes her your favorite? The only other princess cruise ship I have been on was Caribbean Princess, and it was fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums