9:40 FLL flight after 7am docking at Port Everglades?

mackjack9139

Would you be comfortable with a 9:40am FLL flight after 7am docking at Port Everglades? Delta changed our flight time (was originally 11).

On one hand, we are healthy and capable to self-debark and it will be Xmas eve day so hopefully not bad traffic....but long TSA lines.

On the other, have heard there will be construction at the terminal for boarding so I am concerned debarking may be affected and take longer.

Any input appreciated! I did search the forums but every situation is different. I wish Delta would give us our 11am back.

Edited by mackjack9139
Searched

I am probably the worse person to answer this, being the nervous nellie that I am regarding "getting some where on time". I would not be comfortable with that flight time. All you need is to be last ship in port that day, fog, anything really. Since Delta changed your flight time, they should also wave a change fee to a later flight.

What I like most after a cruise, is getting a hotel, and having one more day of vacation, off the ship, before noon, and a full day to enjoy Fort Lauderdale and area. I know it is an extra cost, but for me worth it for peace of mind.

Me being Nervous Nellie would just spend last day of cruise, and morning of debarkation in a total panic and stress about that flight time.

Hope it works out for you, no matter what you decide.

Would you be comfortable with a 9:40am FLL flight after 7am docking at Port Everglades? Delta changed our flight time (was originally 11).

On one hand, we are healthy and capable to self-debark and it will be Xmas eve day so hopefully not bad traffic....but long TSA lines.

On the other, have heard there will be construction at the terminal for boarding so I am concerned debarking may be affected and take longer.

Any input appreciated! I did search the forums but every situation is different. I wish Delta would give us our 11am back.

I would only attempt that if the ship was Allure or Harmony, you were doing self-assist disembarkation, and willing to get into line at 5am.

I agree with Bob.

RCI has a most efficient operation for Allure and Harmony.

Anything else I would not do it.

I would contact Delta and see if they have an afternoon flight. They should accommodate you assuming they have another flight without a change fee.

Keith

I would not be comfortable with that early a flight time. If Delta made a schedule change, just contact them and inform them that the new departure time will not work for you. They should reschedule you to another more suitably timed flight without a charge. If you can do a little research on your own and see what alternative flight times are offered, then when contacting Delta just indicate the flight you find better suited to your needs. Do this ASAP to improve your chances of getting seats on another flight. Be polite but firm with them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would not be comfortable with that early a flight time. If Delta made a schedule change, just contact them and inform them that the new departure time will not work for you. They should reschedule you to another more suitably timed flight without a charge. If you can do a little research on your own and see what alternative flight times are offered, then when contacting Delta just indicate the flight you find better suited to your needs. Do this ASAP to improve your chances of getting seats on another flight. Be polite but firm with them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ditto this great advice! I do this on almost every cruise (the fights change not to my liking) and the airline has been very helpful in changing them to an alternative without a change fee or increase in fare. Sometimes I end up with an even better (IMO) flight schedule than I originally booked! As stated - do your homework before you call them and know what your options are, that way they seem to be more helpful.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts! Delta switched us to 11:30am for no fee :)
great, because my answer would have been NO.

With our very first cruise we didn't know better, so we had a 10 am flight. We self carried and literally made it to the gate when they were closing the doors. We made it but it wasn't worth the stress.

Our last cruise's debarkation was grossly delayed due to immigration/customs delays. We didn't get off the Princess ship until after noon. There were long lines at the security and luggage drop off at FLL, so we made it to the gate after 2 pm. Thankfully, we had a 5 pm flight.