Is the steak house worth it?

qbanrican84

I haven't been to Chops Grille on Royal, but I have been to the steakhouse on Carnival a few times and it is wonderful. I went on the Sunshine in October, and had a better steak than I could get at all the steak houses in Las Vegas. I would absolutely recommend it.

Hi there,

Is the steakhouse on the Carnival ships comparable to Chops Grille on Royal Caribbean? Is it worth it? I've only been to Chops Grille on Royal Caribbean one time and it was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

We think the Steakhouse the best of all ones afloat

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven't sailed on Royal so can't make any comparisons.

We enjoy the Steakhouse tremendously and look forward to it once every cruise. We find it offers the whole package of quiet ambiance, lovely setting, outstanding yet unobtrusive service, a varied selection, and good food well prepared.

Hi there,

Is the steakhouse on the Carnival ships comparable to Chops Grille on Royal Caribbean? Is it worth it? I've only been to Chops Grille on Royal Caribbean one time and it was amazing.

I have done the steakhouse on both Carnival and Royal multiple times. We love them both. The steaks are great, the service is always top notch. As a bonus, Carnival is a couple of bucks cheaper and if you go on the first night, they give you a free bottle of wine (although its not a great one, they did let me upgrade for a small fee!). Royal does have a better wine selection and IMHO better side dishes, but the steaks were great on both and the lamb chops on Carnival were amazing!

I said the Vista in October with my DW for our 30th anniversary and my gift to myself was she agreed to eat at the steakhouse for our anniversary. I was very skeptic of spending more money for food that you already have paid for in the price of your cruise, but I was very pleased with the meal and it is one of the best steaks I have every had. When I see people write that I kind of laughed at it, but now I understand what they mean. It is worth every penny for the meal that you get, and for what you pay. Thinking of doing the steakhouse again in 87 days.

I haven't been on Royal since 2002, but the two times we went to the steakhouse with Carnival, once on Glory and once on Splendor, it times is was amazing and worth the money to us.

If you go, go hungry cause there is a ton of food.

Have a great cruise!

Been in the Steakhouse on Carnival, NCL, Celebrity and Royal.

If you are worried about the food, don't be, they are all fantastic and definitely several notches above the MDR and buffet.

Went to Ruth Chris during the holidays for a celebration event with a table of around 14 people and I didn't have to pay for anything, but kept saying to myself this food and service is not as good as the steakhouse on the cruise ships . . . and these cruise ship steakhouses, once you factor in them including the sides/desserts/apps/gratuities/etc, Probably are about 1/3 of the cost of a place like Ruth Chris per person.

Definitely worth the extra cost if you are looking for that special evening during the week, but usually the main dining room is good enough for regular nights and that is included with the cruise fare.

I like that the steakhouses exist.

I have not sailed on Royal Caribbean so I can not compare the two. However, we eat at the Steakhouse on Carnival ships at least once on each sailing. When we sail on the longer voyages (14 days or longer) we eat at the Steakhouse twice.

I ate at the steakhouse only once, but it was phenomenal! We got carpaccio as a starter, and yummmmm! It was 20x better than the carpaccio we had in the MDR.

Fair warning - after my meal, I considered becoming a vegetarian because we ate so much meat. Seriously, I couldn’t eat beef for 2-3 days afterwards, because I gorged on so much at the steakhouse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there,

Have not been to Chops on RCCL, but my wife and I have always enjoyed our steakhouse nights on Carnival.

And with the new steakhouse menu that should be rolled out fleet-wide this spring, there's more reason for us to be excited.

You really can't beat it for the minimal up charge.

We usually go on 7 or 8 night cruises and visit the Steakhouse at least once, most times twice.

Keep in mind that if you go the first or second night, you will receive a free bottle of red or white wine, or you can get any wine on their menu for 1/2 off.