Does this happen a lot?

Cjohiocruiser214

I have booked an fully accessible cabin on the carnival magic and I read they can take you out of the cabins if they need to. My scooter will only fit a fully accesible cabin and would hate to get there and find out I didn't have one. Does this happen often? Do they contact you if they need to remove you from the cabin? Just a little worried

I have booked an fully accessible cabin on the carnival magic and I read they can take you out of the cabins if they need to. My scooter will only fit a fully accesible cabin and would hate to get there and find out I didn't have one. Does this happen often? Do they contact you if they need to remove you from the cabin? Just a little worried

Best to ask this on the dedicated Carnival forum here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

You can only be removed from an accessible cabin if you don't need one (yes, people book them because they want more space and don't need the accessibility features). Since you have a scooter, you need one.

I have heard of this happening, but seriously doubt it would be done to one who had genuine need.

Make sure that they know why you have the accessible cabin. It doesn't happen often, and when it does it happens to people that are in the cabin, but don't need it. The key though is making sure that Carnival's special needs department knows about you and notes it on your reservation.

Communicate (if you haven't already) this to Carnival.

A note will be out on your cabin.

This happened to us when we booked a cabin very early on the brand new Vista that became an accessible cabin half way through the build. We rang Carnival saying that we had booked early to get that cabin and it wasn't fair to move us because it has changed category. If our cabin was needed urgently that was fine (I don't want to stop anyone from cruising) but we expected a better room or some compensation.

We didn't get moved so its likely the will move the people without special notes on first. Less hassle.

We have cruised a lot (100+) since our 1st cruise 30,years ago. There have been a few times we booked a handicapped cabin not knowing it was a handicapped cabin. After it was booked we were told we'd be moved if our handicapped cabin was needed. That was fine with us, but we were never moved. Handicapped cabins have a huge bathroom and only two closets, but we book only for category & cabin location.

Oh my ! Thank you all so much! I have contacted carnivals special needs department and they notated my booking. They also sent me a mobility questionnaire that I've already sent back. I'm soo glad you all were here as I had no idea what to do being this my first cruise on wheels;p