Coffee Card Question - Haven't Seen This One Before!

crawford

I searched back two "coffee card" pages and didn't find an answer.

My questions:

1.) With a newly purchased coffee card, are there size options on the fresh brewed coffee (i.e. medium, grande, vente)?

2.) Can you get a paper cup w/cover?

3.) Will they fill a stainless cup of regular coffee (i.e. Yeti), if you present it to the barista?

Thanks!

Mike

I always ask for the largest paper cup, and put a cover on it, then head to an adjacent table where I pour it into a real coffee cup. Something about cardboard and coffee flavors. And, yes, I have often walked up to the counter with my stainless Princess container and taken that back to our cabin or to the Horizon Court to enjoy at breakfast.

Darcy

1. There are two sizes of coffee drinks; they take only one punch regardless of which size you ask for. The sizes correspond to a tall and grande; no vente.

2. There are to-go cups with covers, just like at Starbucks. The cup size is the grande size. Usually, that's the default; I think you may only get the smaller china cup if you're actually sitting at a table to order.

Hope this helps.

THe punch is only on the specialty coffees' date=' not on the fresh brewed stuff.[/quote']

Thanks. Focusing on the fresh brewed stuff.

I drink a lot of regular coffee each morning (three 20 oz. cups in my stainless mug).

Trying to minimize the number of trips each morning back to my cabin!

Just off Ruby and the Coffee card was much more sturdy than in the past ....

On Coral 2 weeks prior to Ruby if you wanted the fresh brew you could walk around to other side of counter and someone would pour for you ...no wait in line.

On Ruby the coffee line was the coffee line and moved at a snails pace, highly obnoxious lady working there who wouldn't pour a fresh brew into a cup even though it was sitting 6 inches from her .....anyone who dared step to her end of counter was made to feel like a criminal.....wish I had taken my Starbucks Via instant it would have saved me a lot of time .

Just off Ruby and the Coffee card was much more sturdy than in the past ....

On Coral 2 weeks prior to Ruby if you wanted the fresh brew you could walk around to other side of counter and someone would pour for you ...no wait in line.

On Ruby the coffee line was the coffee line and moved at a snails pace, highly obnoxious lady working there who wouldn't pour a fresh brew into a cup even though it was sitting 6 inches from her .....anyone who dared step to her end of counter was made to feel like a criminal.....wish I had taken my Starbucks Via instant it would have saved me a lot of time .

Thanks for your replies.

On the Coral later this week. Hopefully, I will have a similar experience.

I searched back two "coffee card" pages and didn't find an answer.

My questions:

1.) With a newly purchased coffee card, are there size options on the fresh brewed coffee (i.e. medium, grande, vente)?

2.) Can you get a paper cup w/cover?

3.) Will they fill a stainless cup of regular coffee (i.e. Yeti), if you present it to the barista?

Thanks!

Mike

We’ll be on a TA on the Regal for 25 days in April.....all the talk about the coffee card. Is the coffee at the buffet that bad?? I love coffee, so where’s the best and do you need a “coffee card” for THAT “regular” coffee. I like lattes but can live without the calories unless they’re “skinny”! Do I NEED a coffee card? I’m obviously not elite YET!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ll be on a TA on the Regal for 25 days in April.....all the talk about the coffee card. Is the coffee at the buffet that bad?? I love coffee, so where’s the best and do you need a “coffee card” for THAT “regular” coffee. I like lattes but can live without the calories unless they’re “skinny”! Do I NEED a coffee card? I’m obviously not elite YET!

Why not try it for yourself and then decide? There are people who declare the "regular" coffee to be undrinkable and others who think it is just fine. Go to the beverage station by the buffet and try it.

The regular coffee on the Regal is drip coffee, not the coffee syrup on most of the rest of the cruise ships. I think the Royal and Majestic probably have drip coffee in the buffet as well. From my experience, it is much better coffee on the Regal and not worth the coffee card, unless you want specialty drinks.

The regular coffee on the Regal is drip coffee, not the coffee syrup on most of the rest of the cruise ships. I think the Royal and Majestic probably have drip coffee in the buffet as well. From my experience, it is much better coffee on the Regal and not worth the coffee card, unless you want specialty drinks.

Thank you so much! Just the info I needed and wanted to hear!![emoji4][emoji1374][emoji4]

Do I NEED a coffee card? I’m obviously not elite YET!

Being Elite has naught to do with getting a coffee card as I still have to pay for mine just like a Blue first time cruiser, Ruby cruiser, or Platinum cruiser; and pay exactly the same rate as them also. Only way as an Elite I would get a "free" coffee card would be if I traded in my mini bar set up for one and I personally tend not to do that.

As to whether or not the buffet, dining room, or room service coffee is really that bad, as others have said, that really depends on YOUR personal taste. For me personally I think it tastes dreadful and either WAY too weak or so strong you could stand a spoon up in it. You, however, may like it but you won't know unless you try it and if you don't like it then go buy a coffee card - they sell them all cruise long.

Whatever you decide to do hope you have a great cruise.

We only drink coffee in the mornings. We buy one card. I go down to the IC in the morning with our two Princess steel travel mugs. They fill one with brewed coffee "for free" and give me one punch for the second brewed coffee. Voila' enough brewed coffee for a 15 day cruise.

By the way - I found this coffee transporter on Amazon - makes getting two cups of coffee back up to the room much easier.

51im3GeuVNL._AC_US218_.jpg

185422371_CoffeeCarrier2.jpg.967e633802222e69ab1524198512366f.jpg

Do I NEED a coffee card? I’m obviously not elite YET!

Being Elite has naught to do with getting a coffee card as I still have to pay for mine just like a Blue first time cruiser, Ruby cruiser, or Platinum cruiser; and pay exactly the same rate as them also. Only way as an Elite I would get a "free" coffee card would be if I traded in my mini bar set up for one and I personally tend not to do that.

As to whether or not the buffet, dining room, or room service coffee is really that bad, as others have said, that really depends on YOUR personal taste. For me personally I think it tastes dreadful and either WAY too weak or so strong you could stand a spoon up in it. You, however, may like it but you won't know unless you try it and if you don't like it then go buy a coffee card - they sell them all cruise long.

Whatever you decide to do hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks so much....that’s the problem with coffee....too weak....sits awhile and too strong! Glad they sell them all cruise long! I appreciate your info on cruise levels!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
We only drink coffee in the mornings. We buy one card. I go down to the IC in the morning with our two Princess steel travel mugs. They fill one with brewed coffee "for free" and give me one punch for the second brewed coffee. Voila' enough brewed coffee for a 15 day cruise.

By the way - I found this coffee transporter on Amazon - makes getting two cups of coffee back up to the room much easier.

51im3GeuVNL._AC_US218_.jpg

thanks for posting this, I just bought one!

Coffee is the same brand at all "venues", but the coffee in the dining rooms is generally awful, whereas the coffee in the buffet etc is OK, just OK...seems that it is brewed in large quantities for the DR's,but smaller batches at the other places ???

Coffee is the same brand at all "venues", but the coffee in the dining rooms is generally awful, whereas the coffee in the buffet etc is OK, just OK...seems that it is brewed in large quantities for the DR's,but smaller batches at the other places ???

The only coffee that is "brewed" on most of the ships is that found in the International Cafe. The rest comes from syrup in machines.

When Princess was celebrating their 50 years, they had a "Celebration Coffee" at the International Café. It was a more robust coffee than the one that the Coffee cards gives us. I will see if that is possible on the Crown next month. There was no additional charge for this coffee other than having the coffee card.

I was on the Crown a couple of weeks ago. I asked for a large cappuccino in a to-go cup and they took 2 punches on my card. :mad:

My usual, when I don't just get a large fresh-brewed, is a large vanilla bean. I have ordered about 20-30 of these and never have they punched the card twice. If they took two punches, it was a mistake.

Jim