CruiseNext??? Still don't get it

caddykid12

Not to beat a 'dead horse', so I understand this clearly:

I purchase 2/$250.00 CN Certificates while on board. I pay , out of my pocket, $250.00 for both. I get 500.00 credit to be used towards another cruise and I get 125.00 OBC for each, total of 250.00 put on my OB account ASAP. I can use this OBC to pay down my bill on board, such as shore excursion which I purchase on board? Correct?

You purchase two $250.00 Certificates and have $500 credit to be used towards another cruise. You are charged $500 on your onboard account and a $250 credit (OBC) is posted to your account making your net cost for the two $250 certificates only $250.00. Just think of the OBC you earn as a discount on the CN certificates. No need to spend it on anything else, although NCL would prefer you spend it on other things to increase your spending.

Oops, sorry. Didn't realize this has been answered several times as the question was on the bottom of my page and I didn't realize there was another page.

Or you could sell it. That way you won’t lose all your money and someone else could get a discount off their cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we advertise here if we have one to sell? I checked eBay and they appear to go for $175, so is it better to sell there?

Can we advertise here if we have one to sell? I checked eBay and they appear to go for $175, so is it better to sell there?
It would be quite profitable if anyone who got it for $125, could sell it for $175

It would be quite profitable if anyone who got it for $125, could sell it for $175
If there were many ready buyers at a price significantly above $125, then everyone would queue up to buy them onboard Norwegian.

How is a reduced deposit beneficial? You have to pay the entire cost anyway. It only delays the payment.

I always prefer an upfront full payment discount or a price drop instead of a reduced deposit. (Even if the deposit is only $1)

It's psychological more than anything else. I usually book 1 year out. However, when all it took was $2.00 to hold a cruise for end of 2018 I couldn't resist.

You cannot advertise or solicit any sale on CC forums

Thanks. I thought I saw a post of people saying they had them and people buying them, but can’t find it. Makes sense now, must have been deleted.

That said, I thought it cost me $150, not $125.

Yet still ncl insists on calling it an OBC because they know uninformed cruisers will now think they have obc to spend. Ncl loves this train of thought. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This was exactly what I thought last year (first cruise)... and it was the reason I didn't go ahead and purchase any, as I knew I wasn't going to spend the OBC, so figured I'd lose it. I'm thankful for this thread for clarifying how it works.

Actually, the Cruise Next certificate is a win-win situation. Norwegian gets more business AND advance payment, while a customer a 125 discount on his next inside cabin or 250 discount on his next balcony cabin.

We've been buying and using them for years. What we like most about the CN Deposits (besides paying 50% less) is the ability to book cruises waaaay in advance by just using the deposits, without additional out-of-pocket spending. We usually get the best price for our cabin category by booking as soon as the itinerary is listed. Then, if we cancel before final payment, the deposits are returned to our online account, without waiting for a refund from NCL.

Of course, you have to think you'll be taking a future cruise with NCL....

Just extra FYI info...I've read and actually saw the clause in a travel policy a few times that I caught before I bought the policy...

That buying the cert is actually considered the time you put a deposit on your next cruise for pre existing exclusion purposes

Regardless of wether you just buy the cert and have them just add it your your ncl account so you can use it at some point in the next 4 years..

So if you buy the cert onboard and actually book a cruise at that time you need to buy your insurance asap with the 14/21 day timeframe if you have a pre existing condition you want covered

So if you buy a cert on board but have no plans to use it immediately to book...that 14/21 day timeframe starts anyway

There are policies that don't consider the purchase without booking to start the clock of course...but you really need to look for those policies and don't assume anything

Just extra FYI info...I've read and actually saw the clause in a travel policy a few times that I caught before I bought the policy...

That buying the cert is actually considered the time you put a deposit on your next cruise for pre existing exclusion purposes

Regardless of wether you just buy the cert and have them just add it your your ncl account so you can use it at some point in the next 4 years..

So if you buy the cert onboard and actually book a cruise at that time you need to buy your insurance asap with the 14/21 day timeframe if you have a pre existing condition you want covered

So if you buy a cert on board but have no plans to use it immediately to book...that 14/21 day timeframe starts anyway

There are policies that don't consider the purchase without booking to start the clock of course...but you really need to look for those policies and don't assume anything

I would suggest those with pre-existing conditions (like myself) consider Nationwide Cruise Insurance. You only have to purchase it within 24 hours of FINAL payment to have pre-existing conditions covered and the lookback time is only 60 days.

I would suggest those with pre-existing conditions (like myself) consider Nationwide Cruise Insurance. You only have to purchase it within 24 hours of FINAL payment to have pre-existing conditions covered and the lookback time is only 60 days.

I'm more concerned with the insurance company game playing where they won't pay if you cancel because of a non traveling family members or existing illness.

Almost everyone has an elderly immediate family member

Almost everyone has absolutely no idea about that family members pre existing medical situation nor should they be required to know.

So if I understand correctly....if your elderly parent has consulted with a doctor about a medical issue or if perhaps has been diagnosed with a medical issue ... during the look back period .....and does not tell you about it because they do not want to worry you about it....then they are suddenly stricken with this illness...and you as their child do not want to leave their bedside and cancel your cruise...you as their child will not get coverage...even if the doctor suggests it's very serious and took an unexpected turn for the worse...

I knew of a 60yo who was perfectly healthy one day and diagnosed with lung cancer the next. Went for treatment and seemed to be in remission.

He had elderly parents..several siblings.....didn't want to worry them so didn't tell them...but he lived several states away so none the wiser.

So if his sister decided to cruise...how exactly can she be penalized if her brother takes a serious turn for the worse and she decides to cancel to be by his bedside?

How could she know of a preexisting condition of her non traveling immediate relative if he didn't tell her?

Imho a traveler can only be expected to know their own and their traveling spouse and kids medical history....how can an insurance company expect you to know other family medical history if those family members don't or won't tell you?

Have your ever had to file a claim with nationwide?

I'm more concerned with the insurance company game playing where they won't pay if you cancel because of a non traveling family members or existing illness.

Almost everyone has an elderly immediate family member

Almost everyone has absolutely no idea about that family members pre existing medical situation nor should they be required to know.

So if I understand correctly....if your elderly parent has consulted with a doctor about a medical issue or if perhaps has been diagnosed with a medical issue ... during the look back period .....and does not tell you about it because they do not want to worry you about it....then they are suddenly stricken with this illness...and you as their child do not want to leave their bedside and cancel your cruise...you as their child will not get coverage...even if the doctor suggests it's very serious and took an unexpected turn for the worse...

I knew of a 60yo who was perfectly healthy one day and diagnosed with lung cancer the next. Went for treatment and seemed to be in remission.

He had elderly parents..several siblings.....didn't want to worry them so didn't tell them...but he lived several states away so none the wiser.

So if his sister decided to cruise...how exactly can she be penalized if her brother takes a serious turn for the worse and she decides to cancel to be by his bedside?

How could she know of a preexisting condition of her non traveling immediate relative if he didn't tell her?

Imho a traveler can only be expected to know their own and their traveling spouse and kids medical history....how can an insurance company expect you to know other family medical history if those family members don't or won't tell you?

You need to read the policy to see whether the pre-existing conditions clause is for the travelers only or also for non-traveling family members. Not all insurance policies exclude non-traveling family member’s pre-existing conditions.

We've been buying and using them for years. What we like most about the CN Deposits (besides paying 50% less) is the ability to book cruises waaaay in advance by just using the deposits, without additional out-of-pocket spending. We usually get the best price for our cabin category by booking as soon as the itinerary is listed. Then, if we cancel before final payment, the deposits are returned to our online account, without waiting for a refund from NCL.

Of course, you have to think you'll be taking a future cruise with NCL....

Very interesting! Makes we want to buy the maximum allowed. Is it 4 for 500 per passenger or per cabin ?

Very interesting! Makes we want to buy the maximum allowed. Is it 4 for 500 per passenger or per cabin ?

Can’t beat the deal as long as you plan to cruise on NCL within the next four years. And even if you change you mind you can transfer them to someone else. It is four per person.

Yes that is the current offer. Can’t beat the deal as long as you plan to cruise on NCL within the next four years. And even if you change you mind you can transfer them to someone else.
Per person or per cabin?