FV staterooms

turkeysmoker

There are varied comments about the number of people required. Others say that you can reserve it but if a family requests it you could be changed from the cabin. Best is call your TA or Celebrity depending on who made your reservation

They are for families until nearer the cruise and then if they haven't been sold they put them out for anybody.

Yes, this has been my experience. They are reserved for those with 5 passengers but if you see them available for 2 online, you can snag it then. They usually won't be offered until very close to the sail date. We got one on the Infinity for the two of us and wow ...best room ever!!

Thx for the info will keep on watching closer to sail date

If you really want one keep watching now!

We were able to reserve a FV stateroom for two 6+ months out. Typically they are release closer to sailing but I've seen them available far out on several different occasions. Keep watching or you may miss out as there really is no rhyme or reason.

Good luck -

Mike

Although if you book an FV for a small group (or 2) 6 months out I would be concerned of the risk of being moved from that stateroom if they need it for a larger family. This can and has happened per these boards (cannot say for sure how often). Not sure how it used to be, but in the past they considered both CC and AQ rooms as upgrades to FV's so sometimes 'upgraded' people in these rooms. I would not hesitate to book one the last month or so as that is when they typically open to anyone, if available.

ps

If you can, always snag a corner one - huge!

Although if you book an FV for a small group (or 2) 6 months out I would be concerned of the risk of being moved from that stateroom if they need it for a larger family. This can and has happened per these boards (cannot say for sure how often). Not sure how it used to be, but in the past they considered both CC and AQ rooms as upgrades to FV's so sometimes 'upgraded' people in these rooms. I would not hesitate to book one the last month or so as that is when they typically open to anyone, if available.

ps

If you can, always snag a corner one - huge!

I agree. When we booked ours far out, I called and specifically marked our reservation "Do not upgrade". Whether or not this actually does any good or not - no one really knows for sure. But it made me feel better :)

Mike

I agree. When we booked ours far out, I called and specifically marked our reservation "Do not upgrade". Whether or not this actually does any good or not - no one really knows for sure. But it made me feel better :)

Mike

that's a good idea to do regardless. I am not sure it would save you from being upgraded if they really wanted the room, but it will prevent any other foolish upgrades you don't want.

If you really want one keep watching now!

I totally agree. There is no set time frame for Celebrity to open up the FV bookings. My wife and I were able to book a corner FV on an Infinity TA months before sailing.

So keep checking, and also keep checking your Roll Call. (That's how we got the alert!)

Good luck!

enhance

We have snagged the corner aft a few times...and LOVE it...for just the two of us. I use the website that alerts me to price changes and will also alert me to when these cabins become available. Oftentimes it is months ahead of sailing.

I posed the question about the possibility of a “bump” to our TA and she said none of her clients have ever been bumped. Not to say it never happens or won’t but that she had never experienced it.