Luggage tags needed for carry ons?

lohgan

Hi everyone! Just a quick question. Do I need to put our luggage tags on our carry ons? Or are those just for items that people check in? We're only bringing two carry on suitcases and two back packs. No full size luggage. Thanks!

you don't have to - but I always put identifying tags on our carry ons just in case someone picks them up by mistake. I also include contact info INSIDE our bags.

This- exactly. I put them on carry on bags as well, in case our bag somehow gets left behind or mistakenly picked up, it can find its way to its cabin.

Yes, I know someone will come along and say- I never leave my bag unattended. Me either. But it is not out of the realm of possibility (however small), that I might forget to pick it up after sitting down, especially if distracted or thinking that DH grabbed it, when he did not. Not likely, but could happen.

This- exactly. I put them on carry on bags as well, in case our bag somehow gets left behind or mistakenly picked up, it can find its way to its cabin.

Yes, I know someone will come along and say- I never leave my bag unattended. Me either. But it is not out of the realm of possibility (however small), that I might forget to pick it up after sitting down, especially if distracted or thinking that DH grabbed it, when he did not. Not likely, but could happen.

Me too !! (y)(y)

I to put them on everything and sometimes if a suitcase has more than one handle or a strap, I put more than one(it make it easy for them to read it without them having to pick up and/or move the bag).

When I say everything I mean I put it on everything, backback's, nap-sacks, purses, walkers, wheelchairs, cpap machine, portable defibrillator, dialysis machine, kitchen sink, wife and children(ok maybe not these so not quite everything). Of course I probably over pack just a little:p

It's not needed, but I do. On our last cruise, after going through security and the scanner, I thought DH had the carry on. He had it in his possession when we entered the terminal. He has had knees replaced and the security thing always takes him longer. So, as he's collecting all of his stuff he assumes I grabbed the carry on. We were waiting in line to get registered when I realized we didn't have our carry on. I went running back to security and there it sat. I would like to think that if we hadn't discovered our error, having our tags on it, we'd have had no issues getting our bag returned to us.

Needless to say this was not the best moment in our marriage!! A few words, and glares but all was forgotten once we boarded the ship!!

It's not needed, but I do. On our last cruise, after going through security and the scanner, I thought DH had the carry on. He had it in his possession when we entered the terminal. He has had knees replaced and the security thing always takes him longer. So, as he's collecting all of his stuff he assumes I grabbed the carry on. We were waiting in line to get registered when I realized we didn't have our carry on. I went running back to security and there it sat. I would like to think that if we hadn't discovered our error, having our tags on it, we'd have had no issues getting our bag returned to us.

Needless to say this was not the best moment in our marriage!! A few words, and glares but all was forgotten once we boarded the ship!!

Wow this is very lucky! Yes definitely going to use them on our luggage as well as our backpacks!

Hi everyone! Just a quick question. Do I need to put our luggage tags on our carry ons? Or are those just for items that people check in? We're only bringing two carry on suitcases and two back packs. No full size luggage. Thanks!

No you don't.

We used to put one on our carryon but now we no longer do it and here’s why.

We were coming to the terminal on one of the hotel shuttles. Before letting us off the shuttle they unloaded all the luggage (and it was a lot of luggage!!). Everything with a luggage tag the porters were putting in the luggage carts.

Before we could get off the shuttle our carryons were about three deep down in the cart, which was about to be wheeled to the ship!! The porter wasn’t too happy about pulling several pieces out to reach ours.

We learned that if it doesn’t have a luggage tag on it the porters won’t touch it until you get off and claim it. We always have an ID tag on it, just not a luggage tag.

I always put luggage tags on all of our carryon, including my camera case. You never know when you might set it down and walk off without it.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

I have done this. I left my camera bag hanging on the back of my chair in the pasta restaurant on the Dream. When I realized it, I raced back there but it wasn't there. I went directly to guests services and they had it. They made me show them a picture on the phone with me in it before giving it to me. Luckily, that wasn't a problem. I now make sure everything has a tag or at least something on the inside.

On another note, twice I have had a luggage tag come off on a checked bag and had to go retrieve it at guests services. There are LOTS of them there.The first time it happened was my first or second cruise before I started laminating them. The second time was a last minute decision to check it rather than carry it on and I just stapled the paper tag on it. Lesson learned.

Besides the cruise line issued luggage tags, I always put at least one, and usually 2 laminated tags on every one of our bags, checked, carry-on, my purse, hubby's backpack, etc. Hubby always thought that was overkill, until, on our last Alaska cruise, the cruise line issued luggage tags were savagely ripped off one of his bags. (I know it was "savagely" ripped, as I buy those heavy-duty plastic zip-lock with steel cable ties, and it was completely gone!). Fortunately, one of those tags was still attached and they were finally able to deliver his bag, several hours later than mine were delivered.