Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

We originally had a infinite balcony on the Magic carpet part of the ship. But we decided to move our cabin to the other side of the ship as I do not want to worry about people looking into my cabin! Now have a cc cabin for a b/2/b. Very exciting! New Years eve and the following first week in 2019.

It seems like this ship does not have the metal stabilizer under the bow.

Please advise.

A bulbous bow is a protruding bulb at the bow of a ship just below the waterline. The bulb modifies the way the water flows around the hull, reducing drag and thus increasing speed, range, fuel efficiency, and stability.

If you look carefully at the photos you can see that the bulbous bow is integrated into the bottom of the bow because of its slight forward slant instead protruding forward from the more common bow design that slants backward as in the photo of the Equinox below. The position of the bulbous bow remains in relatively the same place on the hull of each ship.

da5a0feb7aa8da24e1dcc7debc17a61a.jpg

CELEBRITY EQUINOX

image-268863-galleryV9-rkrs-268863.jpg

Edited by sloopsailor

I noticed that edge is being built outside, most ships that I seen are in a hangar. Please explain.

Thanks jc

Some of the prior Celebrity Ships (Solstice Class) and some RCI ships (Randiance and Quantum class) along with other cruise lines ships are built at Mayer Werft, Pappenburg. They have two Halls, I think 5 and 6. No 6 is the big Hall were the bigger ships are built today. Hall 5 was used a while back to build some of the Aida ships and Reseach vessel Sonner. Recently though Hall 5 was/has been used to assemble/store some ship blocks before moving them to Hall 6.