Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I think the orange with the contrasting dark blue hull makes a dramatic statement that I like. It is, after all, Edge! Boring white would be too normal. It certainly is generating a lot of talk. My wife thinks it looks like scaffolding. :D

Some like it, some do not. I think it looks very industrial.

...I prefer symmetry for ships and buildings, and EDGE has a number of odd shapes, inclines and angles. Won't know for sure how we feel til we are on board in 2019!

Fun to see it develop...thanks Lloyd!

Zoom in on photo by Christian Plagué on shipspotting.com

6824a42f97c8d8b01ee2edb5a2a140c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Looking at this spectacular shot, I started to think about the size of the Magic Carpet, as I had forgotten. In this picture, it just doesn't look to me like 100 people could be seated comfortably on there, so I reviewed the FAQs sheet again and realized it is bigger than it looks to me here:

FAST FACTS/FEATURES

• Magic Carpet Total Square Footage: 1,937.5 sq. ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Length: 110 ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Width: 20 ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Weight: 240 metric tons

• Total Occupancy: 100

• The Magic Carpet is roughly the size of a tennis court

• Fabricated out of mainly painted steel with an airy, mesh ceiling

• The Magic Carpet is outfitted with programmable LED lighting

This shot is whetting my appetite for Dinner on the Edge!

As for the bright color and "in-your-face" design, it is purposeful I guess, as the FAQs sheet says:

"Perched on the starboard side of the ship, the Magic Carpet makes Celebrity Edge’s distinctive, sleek profile recognizable from miles away."

:hearteyes:

Looking at this spectacular shot, I started to think about the size of the Magic Carpet, as I had forgotten. In this picture, it just doesn't look to me like 100 people could be seated comfortably on there, so I reviewed the FAQs sheet again and realized it is bigger than it looks to me here:

FAST FACTS/FEATURES

• Magic Carpet Total Square Footage: 1,937.5 sq. ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Length: 110 ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Width: 20 ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Weight: 240 metric tons

• Total Occupancy: 100

• The Magic Carpet is roughly the size of a tennis court

• Fabricated out of mainly painted steel with an airy, mesh ceiling

• The Magic Carpet is outfitted with programmable LED lighting

This shot is whetting my appetite for Dinner on the Edge!

As for the bright color and "in-your-face" design, it is purposeful I guess, as the FAQs sheet says:

"Perched on the starboard side of the ship, the Magic Carpet makes Celebrity Edge’s distinctive, sleek profile recognizable from miles away."

This latest picture of the Magic Carpet is amazing -- but also devastatingly frightening: right under the MC, on the right side, mostly blocked by the right upright, is MY BALCONY. Which will be completely in the dark when the MC is up (hopefully only at night) but also very far recessed from the outer edge of the upright. I'm thinking this cruise isn't going to happen [even at the launch-hour lowest price] and S3s are going to be heavily discounted in the future. :(

Our E Carib cruise has no tender ports, so I believe the MC will not do a full up and down trip to the tender launch area..?????

It seems like an exterior version of the Rising Tide Bar on Oasis... I am afraid of heights so we deginitely will not be any part of the 100 folks sitting out there! It will be interesting to see how it works out.

This latest picture of the Magic Carpet is amazing -- but also devastatingly frightening: right under the MC, on the right side, mostly blocked by the right upright, is MY BALCONY. Which will be completely in the dark when the MC is up (hopefully only at night) but also very far recessed from the outer edge of the upright. I'm thinking this cruise isn't going to happen [even at the launch-hour lowest price] and S3s are going to be heavily discounted in the future. :(

I feel your pain if you are right under the MC when it is on 14 (I think that is what you meant). I booked an S1 right away so got a good deal, IMO, but the S3's looked interesting because of being able to see the MC at work. I ended up deciding to forgo the S3 until the reviews started to come in. Who knows, they may be popular. We like sunshine so will hopefully be happier in the aft S1 (though those balconies don't look that open)

I looked back and found the FAQs info about when the MC will be at certain levels. It sounds like it will be on Deck 14 a lot of the time on sea days, Deck 2 when tendering and only occasionally on Deck 16. It's less clear about when it will be an al fresco restaurant on Deck 5.

The Magic Carpet will visit various decks throughout the voyageincluding Deck 2 during tender operation; Deck 14 as an extension of the ResortDeck on sea days and Deck 5 for al fresco dining. On occasion, the Magic Carpetwill be positioned on Deck 16, just above the pool deck, for special"Dinner on the Edge" events. A schedule of Magic Carpet’s positioningwill be published daily for guests.

britsbest - no passengers on the MC when it moves. That's what has been advertised. I would imagine it could be an insurance issue.

We also booked the other side even in an E2 because we just weren't sure about this MC. I think it looks just, plain horrible but that is MY opinion. Looks like a crane.

Pat C

I originally booked the port side and then switched to starboard; since I want to watch what happens on the MC. I should be able to get some great photos of it. Plus, we are experiencing a new ship class; te MC is the most unique thing on the ship. I can see the ocean on any cruise from a balcony; but only on the Edge can I see the MC.

I can see where cabins on deck 12 would be concerned with shade, foot traffic and sound bleed from "live music" when MC is on 14, which appears to be most days when tendering is not on the schedule. Would be better if they parked it on 16 most of the time like in the artist rendering on the Celebrity Edge home page, or down on deck 5.

Hi all

I am 10159, deck ten. Please assist with these questions:

Do I have the infinity verandas

I am not on mc side please confrm

Thanks jc

You are booked in a Sky Suite. Your cabin has a balcony, so no, you will not have an Infinite verandah.

I originally booked the port side and then switched to starboard; since I want to watch what happens on the MC. I should be able to get some great photos of it. Plus, we are experiencing a new ship class; te MC is the most unique thing on the ship. I can see the ocean on any cruise from a balcony; but only on the Edge can I see the MC.

Forgive me but I am a little confused here....if you booked on the port side and then switched to the starboard for a better view of the MC isn't the MC on the port side? We are in cabin 7249 and hope we are well away from the MC.. If you are so interested on the view of the MC should you not have switched or am I confused?

Charles