Weirdest outfit seen during a Celebrity cruise - NOT Dinner dress code issues.

Newbie545

I think some of these women think they look better than they are.:rolleyes:

Or, they don't care what anyone thinks, because they won't see them again. But let's be fair. It's not just women. What about the hairy, pot-bellied men in speedos? You can't unsee that.

I adore the stories about older people or fatter people not giving a toss about what they "should" wear. As long as everything is covered to suit the dress expectations we apply to the young and hot, I say good on 'em.

I agree! I love the fact people wear whatever makes them feel fabulous - I think translates into looking fabulous! I hope that I don't stop finding fun in my personal style just because I have got a bit older!

As a lover of sparkle and glitter - the more the merrier!

On one of our 14 night cruises there were two ladies who dressed like this every single night. I'm talking long gowns, feather boas, and huge hats. They looked like they were right out of the movie "Titanic" and their outfits were absolutely gorgeous. They always arrived about 15 minutes after first seating in the MDR and made a grand entrance. The first night we all just stared but by the 3rd night we watched for them and by the 4 night everyone applauded when they waltzed in! Every night they wore a completely different outfit and must have had trunks full of clothes and hats.

We sailed with these women on the Eclipse in 2016 in the Caribbean. They wore hats even during the day when they left the ship. My friend approached then one evening to compliment them and ask if she could take their picture. They told her that they were from Russia. They said that they love to cruise and they buy all new outfits for every cruise they take. We all looked forward to seeing what they would be wearing each night to dinner.

Easy and seen on all my crises, elderly men wearing speedos and elderly woman wearing bikinis.

I work in a sporting goods store and the only men who buy the competition speedo briefs are over age and over weight. I was wondering where they were wearing them. Ironically the young fit kids all buy the board shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed with these women on the Eclipse in 2016 in the Caribbean. They wore hats even during the day when they left the ship. My friend approached then one evening to compliment them and ask if she could take their picture. They told her that they were from Russia. They said that they love to cruise and they buy all new outfits for every cruise they take. We all looked forward to seeing what they would be wearing each night to dinner.

We were on the same cruise,!! I asked one of them if I could take her picture and she spoke French to me and posed like a movie star! I never saw them during the day but their outfits were gorgeous and we were very disappointed one night they dIdn't eat in MDR. Can you imagine the luggage? The hats were huge.

Was on HAL cruise in Dubrovnik and saw what I thought was a local dressed in a kilt with a huge dead artic fox head instead of a sporran, long socks and a sweater in 30c temp, thought it was rather weird, imagine my surprise when we saw him on the ship in the same outfit, and dressed in it every day, did a tour in Greece, yup he was on it dressed in his kilt and accessories. I was surprised to find he was American and not Scottish! One I can't unsee, a lady with see through white leggings, no panties and a black lace bra on Solstice at lunchtime, my poor hubby didn't know where to look when he turned around as she asked if she could share our table as we had a spare seat. Ive never seen him eat so fast lol.

I've seen many people that go out in public in what I think are pajamas and what are obviously slippers, hair up in 'just out of the shower' wrap and sometimes even a bathrobe. I've always been taught to get dressed before leaving the house....guess that memo missed some households in the area. :o

So my kids, not raised that way headed to the store in jammys. :rolleyes: What is worse is to see folks going to court in jammys and fluffy slippers! :o

So my kids, not raised that way headed to the store in jammys. :rolleyes: What is worse is to see folks going to court in jammys and fluffy slippers! :o

2 words....finals week

i dress very comfy when walking around the ship...will walk around in my pjs (regular t shirt and pj bottoms) when going to the library at like 11 pm at night....it doesn't bother anyone and i got #noshameinmygame

There was a guy who looked and dressed like Willie Nelson throughout the cruise (I can't remember if he took off the headband for formal nights). We all chuckled about it until karaoke night - he sounded like him too and blew everyone away. At least, I think he was a look-alike....clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Or maybe.........?

So I was wondering as it seems from many posts Celebrity is more for an older crowd: What is the weirdest outfit/ clothing choice you've seen while on a Celebrity Cruise?

I'm not talking about jeans, shorts, T-shirts or hats in the MDR/ specialty restaurants. I'm talking about around the pools or just people randomly walking around the ship during the day.

On our past Jan trip on the Eclipse at the Capt. toast, when chatting with the captain, this older couple just barged right into our conversation. Our description: Loads of makeup(actually tons). She had this garish head ware. It was like twigs & butterflies(or bats, not sure)in her hair. He had a crumpled dark suit, along with the "blackest" & worst "comb over" I ever saw. After their rude intrusion ended, I commented to the Capt., A little late for Halloween, don't you think? He laughed & said he saw them earlier strolling about the deck. Later when the couple was at the pool the man went swimming. When he came out, the comb over hung like a slab of wet black seaweed at least 10 inches on the side of his face. I certainly was not the only one to be forced to contain my hysterics in my beach towel. Kind of like a very elderly Gomez & Morticia Addams. Perhaps a few pax on our Late Jan. 2017 Eclipse cruise saw them as well! Every Chic night they looked the same.

At our table in MDR, a 75+ year old lady wore a strapless gold lame (shiny thin fabric) jumpsuit trimmed in gold sequins, with a gold sequin headband across her forehead which had a big bouquet of gold silk flowers on the side of the headband. She liked gold....and sequins.

That's far better than tightie-whities and robes (unless going to or from spa) in public. Who are those people and where in the heck were they brought up!

Killing time at a hotel bar while traveling for work and I read this post. Lady just walked up and ordered a drink wearing - you guessed it - a white hotel robe! This is not an at sea issue! Another older lady has on crocheted arm/leg warmers in hot pink/bright blue. So they wear this crazy stuff everywhere.

Not really weird but on one cruise a lady wore a different elaborate hat (think Royal wedding) every single night and this was a 14 night cruise. She must have had a huge suitcase just to carry them.

I was on that cruise (trans-Atlantic). I thought that woman was adorable. She was making a statement about herself and she really did not care what others say. Congratulations on her for being an individual.

oh good so i won't look too out of place in my superman or batman one piece pajamas in the buffet at breakfast - jan 20th equinox. From a lot of posts it seemed we might be dealing with a bunch of fuddy duddies. Glad to read it should be somewhat like our past caribbean msc and costa sailings.

lol