Weirdest outfit seen during a Celebrity cruise - NOT Dinner dress code issues.

Newbie545

On the last morning of a cruise, I was heading up to the Oceanview to get coffee to bring back to our cabin. Two older men entered at the next stop, wearing bathrobes and slippers, no pj bottoms or pants, just bare, hairy legs. You'd think they would have noticed by the last day of the cruise that no one, but them, wears bathrobes around the ship.

An older lady wearing a sparkly bib in the MDR every night.

The elderly twin ladies in Luminae that dressed alike each evening. :hearteyes: They dined with one man.

Weird! Why even bring heavy work boots on a cruise? Lol

Of subject, but I am heading your way this Friday for 2 weeks at Wild Dunes. This "Carolina Girl" cannot wait to get back to her roots! Hope the weather stays great! ;)

Well welcome back home!! The weather should be beautiful this weekend. It's still warm enough for the beach-pool. Not quite Fall yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think some of these women think they look better than they are.:rolleyes:

Or they don't care anymore what people think of how they look, and are enjoying wearing what they want and are comfortable in. :)

Not "weird" but amazing:

On a cruise out of Baltimore to the Caribbean several years ago (on Mercury), there was a couple - probably late 50's early 60's). Every evening they wearing different outfits. For her a well tailored full length dress, and for him a two-piece suit. the part that was fantastic was they matched, and were tropical prints. I can only assume they were hand tailored from scratch, although they looked better than professionally manufactured clothing. On top of that the couple spent every evening dancing at which ever venues had live music. They were invariably the best dancers on the floor, and clearly enjoyed one another's company. 8 years later the effort they put into having fun remains one of my fond memories from all my cruises.

Harris

Denver, CO

We have been on two cruises where there were 2 brothers, probably in their 70s, who traveled together and always wore the same exact outfits (down to the handkerchiefs) all the time. Day or night these two guys dressed as though one...and were inseparable. We overheard many passengers talking about them and thinking they had to be a gay couple. But they were simply brothers. Their outfits were often quite weird such as bright yellow suits with red shirts, etc.

Hank

We were on an Alaskan cruise a few years ago and were standing in line behind this woman that had either the worst wig I've ever seen or the dirtiest hair all ratted up in every which direction....no style just a gross and smelly mess. Either way, it was filthy and we saw something moving around in that rat's nest. It may have been a small rodent or very large bug for all we could tell!

That one took the cake ... almost made me vomit! Needless to say, we gave up our place in line to allow a few people in between us and whatever in the heck was on top of her head.

On Cunard people in robes or swimsuits, would be asked to leave.:rolleyes:

Good for Cunard for enforcing some degree of decorum. On Celebrity they would likely welcome them into the MDR....even thought it breaks their basic dress standards. As to those who are opposed to any kind of dress code, I can only hope that they end up dining with a guy with hairy chest and no shirt...or perhaps an elderly lady who is topless with parts hitting the table. It is just a matter of time.

Hank

Two years ago there was a young, very attractive woman who, on EC night, had a backless cocktail dress which showcased what appeared to be a tattooed thong. Weird, probably not, attracting a lot of attention-absolutely‼️

Not "weird" but amazing:

On a cruise out of Baltimore to the Caribbean several years ago (on Mercury), there was a couple - probably late 50's early 60's). Every evening they wearing different outfits. For her a well tailored full length dress, and for him a two-piece suit. the part that was fantastic was they matched, and were tropical prints. I can only assume they were hand tailored from scratch, although they looked better than professionally manufactured clothing. On top of that the couple spent every evening dancing at which ever venues had live music. They were invariably the best dancers on the floor, and clearly enjoyed one another's company. 8 years later the effort they put into having fun remains one of my fond memories from all my cruises.

Harris

Denver, CO

Okay, this could be the same couple we saw on the Mercury on a post-Thanksgiving cruise out of Baltimore in Nov/Dec 2009. The couple I remember seemed more like early 70's. Wore matching outfits, but also elaborate hats. I remember the hats as they checked in just ahead of us and they each had a "hat cart" stacked about three feet high with all their head gear. Some stylish, some feathered, lots of bright colors, felt, straw, etc. If not the same couple, then maybe it was just a Baltimore thing. They were very nice folks having a wonderful time.

Okay, this could be the same couple we saw on the Mercury on a post-Thanksgiving cruise out of Baltimore in Nov/Dec 2009. The couple I remember seemed more like early 70's. Wore matching outfits, but also elaborate hats. I remember the hats as they checked in just ahead of us and they each had a "hat cart" stacked about three feet high with all their head gear. Some stylish, some feathered, lots of bright colors, felt, straw, etc. If not the same couple, then maybe it was just a Baltimore thing. They were very nice folks having a wonderful time.

I don't recall the hats, but that was exactly the time, so likely the same couple. As you noticed, they definitely were having a blast. I regret not getting to know them.

Harris

Denver, CO

Oh good so I won't look too out of place in my Superman or Batman one piece pajamas in the buffet at breakfast - Jan 20th Equinox. From a lot of posts it seemed we might be dealing with a bunch of fuddy duddies. Glad to read it should be somewhat like our past caribbean MSC and Costa sailings.

Hi - just curious - what cruise was this and when?

Not really weird but on one cruise a lady wore a different elaborate hat (think Royal wedding) every single night and this was a 14 night cruise. She must have had a huge suitcase just to carry them.

Not really weird but on one cruise a lady wore a different elaborate hat (think Royal wedding) every single night and this was a 14 night cruise. She must have had a huge suitcase just to carry them.

On one of our 14 night cruises there were two ladies who dressed like this every single night. I'm talking long gowns, feather boas, and huge hats. They looked like they were right out of the movie "Titanic" and their outfits were absolutely gorgeous. They always arrived about 15 minutes after first seating in the MDR and made a grand entrance. The first night we all just stared but by the 3rd night we watched for them and by the 4 night everyone applauded when they waltzed in! Every night they wore a completely different outfit and must have had trunks full of clothes and hats.

Last cruise, our next door neighbour, perhaps in her 30s, wore a play suit (all in one top and shorts) to go ashore. The problem, she was vastly overweight, it had very short shorts and very large bosom with a very low neckline.

Words can't really describe what she looked like. Even my DH was lost for words.

On Royal Caribbean at breakfast, a woman was in the MDR wearing pajamas. Yes, they were most definitely pajamas, not just leggings (and slippers). She had at least four children who were obviously wearing her out. Still, she did have a husband with her, so she could have found two minutes to pull on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

On a different RCI cruise, there was a large group of gay men. One evening they must have had a meeting somewhere right before dinner, because as people were gathering around waiting for the doors to open for fixed dining (this was before my time dining became a thing), this group of guys came parading through the centrum all dressed to the nines, one of them was wearing a dress made out of balloons, and nothing but balloons (I think he may have had a tube top and short shorts on underneath, but it was hard to tell with all the balloons)

I haven't sailed on Celebrity yet, but figured I'd chime in anyway :-D I'm looking at booking a Celebrity cruise in Europe in 2019.